If you had to be a henchman/worked for a villain, comic or otherwise, who would you work for?

jesse220

Sep 25, 2013
jamail77 said:
jesse220 said:
Harley Quinn. She was nice to her henchmen when she had them and if I had to get punched by anyone, I'd want it to be Batman.
She was? I recall no such niceness, only lots of yelling and threats; they were less in a twisted, joking voice than many of Joker's to boot so she might have been serious on some of them, though they weren't as gruesome as Joker's. She was always commenting on their idiot-ness, at least she was like this in Arkham City.

Thug #1: "The real Joker's back."

Thug #2: "Thank god, man. I mean, who the hell wants Harley in charge? Between you and me, she's nuttier than he is."

[...]

Thug #3: "You guys better hope she didn't hear that."
I haven't actually played the games yet, I was referring to the comics when she got a monthly comic of her own. The Joker tried to kill her for the hundredth time so she took a couple of his henchmen and left. She treats them all fairly well, except one who was trying to replace the Joker.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Oh, I have not read this comic...actually I don't really read comics in general either. I have read wiki summaries, seen the animated adaptions of comic arcs, been informed by others what happened, etc.

She does it a bit in Arkham Asylum too actually. Well, I suppose that is a fair choice then assuming she was legitimately treating them well and it didn't just appear that way to some readers.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Abomination said:
Vegosiux said:
This guy:

Why? Because he respects dependable underlings and understands that treating them like shit will just hurt you in the long run.
Who is that guy?
That's David Xanatos, from Gargoyles. One of the best villains I've come across so far, truly. Has style, pragmatism and never loses his temper.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Two-Face. He flips the coin to decide whether or not to pull each heist, so for each heist, there's a fifty percent chance you won't have to go and do it!

On the downside, this means fighting Batman, who's pretty much the worst hero to fight short of ones that kill...

Maybe Voldemort then? I mean, if that means I get to be magic, of course... I'd love to just go around imperiusing people. >:)

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Gentleman Johnny Marcone, of The Dresden Files.

Ruthless, pragmatic crime lord who highly values his underlings. Anyone who harms them is dealt with swiftly and very, very brutally, whether they are a rival thug or immensely powerful superbeing. Consequently, his "troubleshooters" (when there is trouble, they shoot it) are extremely loyal. He pays well too. All in all, it isn't a surprise that he rules Chicago's criminal underworld with ease.

Except of course, for those who harm children. If anyone targets children, whether they are an enemy or one of his people, they die.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Vegosiux said:
I have to call second on David Xanatos. The man's a magnificent bastard with dealings in magic AND technology, plus enough money and resources and connections to bring countries to his knees legally. Working for Xanatos can be fun. All you have to do is not cross him and he'll treat you well. As for Owen...well...Owen's his right hand man. You're not suppose to compete with that.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
bigfatcarp93 said:
Two-Face. He flips the coin to decide whether or not to pull each heist, so for each heist, there's a fifty percent chance you won't have to go and do it!

On the downside, this means fighting Batman, who's pretty much the worst hero to fight short of ones that kill...
It also means frequent turf wars with Penguin, who has no such qualms about killing. They've been bloody rivals for some time.

As for me... I'll go for Karl Stromberg (of 'The Spy Who Loved Me' fame). I want to be a part of his glorious underwater empire [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2RfNZsnuj4]!

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
I dunno, working for Xanatos would be confusing. You would never know what was really happening.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Vegosiux said:
This guy:

Why? Because he respects dependable underlings and understands that treating them like shit will just hurt you in the long run.

Will be hard to compete with Owen of course, tho...I can't muster such hypercompetence, but...
SECONDED. What I remember of Xanatos puts him as a good boss by most standards and a nearly unparalleled one as far as villains go. I mean yeah, he's manipulative, but at the same time he seemed a [relatively] stand up guy, both likely to be interesting to work for and unlikely to put his employees at risk needlessly.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Blunderboy said:
Scorpio from the Simpsons
HalloHerrNoob said:
Re: Scorpio from the Simpsons
When I saw this thread, he was the first evil overlord I thought of. He honestly seemed to care for his minions.

AntiChri5 said:
Gentleman Johnny Marcone, of The Dresden Files.
Ruthless, pragmatic crime lord who highly values his underlings. Anyone who harms them is dealt with swiftly and very, very brutally, whether they are a rival thug or immensely powerful superbeing. Consequently, his "troubleshooters" (when there is trouble, they shoot it) are extremely loyal. He pays well too. All in all, it isn't a surprise that he rules Chicago's criminal underworld with ease.
Except of course, for those who harm children. If anyone targets children, whether they are an enemy or one of his people, they die.
Another good choice - I'd like to think I would have thought of him myself before posting.

However, since my top two choices have been mentioned all ready, I'll go with number 3.

Malocchio, from the Awesomes.

He's such a nice damn guy - when he isn't, you know, being evil. And often even when he is. Plus, his secret lair is not a fucking Dennys. ^^

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Blunderboy said:
There is only one correct answer to this of course.

How would this not be amazing?
Ding ding ding, we have the correct answer here.

Because hammocks.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Doctor Doom. Of course, I would be considered beneath him, but he does that to everyone. I have a feeling that he wouldn't treat me completely horribly. Doom is above everybody, but he is not a cruel despot!

On the DC side of things, I wouldn't mind working for Sinestro. Having a Sinestro Corps ring would be AWESOME!

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Kellman

http://charmed.wikia.com/wiki/Kellman

Because then I'd get to go to The Academy

http://charmed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Academy

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Greed from FMA-it's rarer to find a villain who cares more about his possessions subjects than him.

Snatcher

Oct 28, 2012
The Enquirer said:
I might also consider working for Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars as he actually rewards his workers for being creative even if they are not successful and respects them as long as they own up to their mistakes and learn from them.
I second that! Thrawn is probably the biggest badass in the imperial military. In ''Heir to the Empire'' he even outsmarted a dark jedi by being better prepared than The Batman. I also think the Galactic Empire is better than the Rebel Alliance/New Republic,so I don't mind joining the obviously evil faction.