If you had unlimited money?

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Double Fine. They always have trouble finding a publisher and I always feel sorry for Shafer when his latest masterpiece won't sell.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
I would send it to who ever owns the rights to timesplitters with a note telling them to get of there arse and get busy.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Either Blizzard so they can make thier games F2P or Valve so they can make all of Steam F2P.

Would you consider Sony a gaming company? They would be my first choice!

Apr 15, 2009
Valve, so Gabe could buy all the sandwiches he needs to finish Half Life 2 Episode 3
since he consumes 200$ custom made sandwiches at 10 000 sandwiches per minute.

Xariat

Jan 30, 2011
why would i give it all away? id keep the infinite money and give 10 billion dollars (or something, ikd) to every company there is, though it would have to go under the radar or massive inflation would ruin the market completley.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, giving away, or even having, an infinity amount of money would cause inflation rendering money worthless.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
People say that Bioware games have only gone downhill because of EA pushing them away from their original strengths. Therefore, with my infinite cashflow they could free themselves of EA's corporate burden and make the games they want.

Here's hoping that that would include KotOR III xD

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Naughty Dog, the only developer I completely trust with their own judgement. Here's to a Crash reboot guys.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
EHKOS said:
Naughty Dog, the only developer I completely trust with their own judgement. Here's to a Crash reboot guys.
Hey also include and actual Jak 4, since the other one was a racer...ugh bad memories of a damn good series...also more Uncharted and Crash!

For me...
Volition, I would fund the next 100 Saint row games and include a Saints Row MMo with that...mabey? But Volition have earned my money and respecy because they make such a great Sandbox game.

imanerd000

Mar 29, 2011
Double Fine, Frictional or Valve. maybe Bioware too. Other than that, I'd spread the love for a bunch of indie companies.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
I actually want to found my own studio in the future, if all goes well, so I would cheat. Hah.

But if that's not an option... hm... hard to say. Top ideas would be BioWare, or else Blizzard, but only on the condition that they make a fourth Warcraft RTS.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I'd probably give it to a friend of mine, in hopes his game company takes off.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Bioware. Infinite moneyz = proper release time-frames for games and thus proper quality.

I'd have to toss Harmonix a bunch of cash too, because I love 'em.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
Fun fact: money doesn't just magically make things happen if you throw it around. If the game company is ran as a normal business, the money is unlikely to make a ton of difference to what the company does. For instance, I'd like to see more Blizzard games but money given them would be completely ineffective in making that happen.

I guess I'd like to carpet-bomb independent studios like Unknown Worlds, 4A Games, GSC Game World that are proven to turn out impressive stuff. Most so-called indie outfits I wouldn't touch with a stick - don't want to encourage production of even more "artistic" crap where you fly an amoeba inside a feminist dream and whatnot - but Bay 12 and ABA Games could stand to get some cashola just to ensure they have freedom to keep doing what they are currently doing.

If I had to put it all on one studio/company, then I'll say Sirlin Games. Well, that's really betting on one designer who would commission the production with a studio, but there would be realistic chances of something really good coming out of that.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
I would give some of it to the US. because why would I not help out my country? and give the rest to a new company called "My Wallet"

Fleeker

Jan 24, 2011
I'd give it to Bioware because of KOTR, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Collection (haven't played 2)

A few years ago I would have given it to Square for loyalty to them but Bioware developed a great formula in KOTR they just tweak in other games.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
That publishing company james portnow announced two days ago. If anyone deserves money to star publishing innovative games, it's that guy.