If you hate 12 year olds calling you a noob...

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
People who smack talk are usually the worst players, who think they are good because they got a lucky kill or somthing like that. They are also very easy to piss off. I just talk smack back and when I get them angry kill them so much that they rage quit.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
The Procrastinated End said:
Well if they're beating you in multiplayer now they have more dedication and have practiced more than you.
He didn't actually mention being beaten by them.

And I get what he's saying. It's annoying being called noob by someone you kill, just because you killed them. and what annoys me about it is that the word doesn't mean anything anymore. It has lost all it's meaning, and it grinds my gear. There was a time when gamers understood what noob ment, now noob is just another word for "fuck you".

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
I've yet to actually encounter one of these so called: screaming, whining "midgets" online that people talk about all the time.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
sms_117b said:
Meh, I tend to instantly and indescriminantly mute microphones, my hayday in multiplayer gaming has been and gone, with FPS's leading the way online, my time close to the top is way long gone.
I found it ironic that in a recent xbox mag, I saw people saying that they hate it when people in their groups (this is for fps' mind you) don't talk.
I am perfectly fine with people who talk, but they have to be coherent, not annoying, and competent.
For example:
12 year old kid = muted.
guy who says "STRAIGHT TO THE DOME. STRAIGHT TO THE DOME. STRAIGHT TO TH-" through the whole match = muted.
guy who suggests I aim for the enemies' head with my pistol = muted.
guy who calls whole team noobs despite him having the worst k/d = muted.

On MW2, I always mute everyone so I can soundwhore with my headphones, but that is different.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Worgen said:
The Procrastinated End said:
Well if they're beating you in multiplayer now they have more dedication and have practiced more than you.
actually since they are younger they probably just have better reflexes since as we get older we get slower or get joint problems etc etc
Join problems, in your thumbs?

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
Suki the Cat said:
and what annoys me about it is that the word doesn't mean anything anymore.
This is just it. I remember switching factions just for the fun of it on WoW and being called a noob by someone on the other faction. I was thinking, "I have been playing this for over a year, I have a character who maxed at 60 (playing before expansions)... if I'm a noob, who isn't?" It is just another meaningless term spat our by people because it makes them feel superior.

That having been said, it is a shame to dignify this and thus give them the pleasure of your response

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Brother, you ever played any STALKER game? Holy shit, I've lost count how many times I've had to run my ass off (that fucking tiny stamina bar!). I mean, it's still an amazing game, but it is a challenging, modern FPS.

I don't really understand your post though, you're talking about little kids playing ONLINE who have never had to complete a hard game. How do you complete multiplayer games?
Or do you mean they've never had to play a hard singleplayer game?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Who cares if a kid calls you a noob, mute them and move on. They can just badmouth nothing while you enjoy the game.