"If you like X, you'll like Y" Thread

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
bartholen said:
If you like ASOIAF, you may well love the Witcher books and Berserk.

Edit: Also, wouldn't this be better suited for off-topic? Otherwise specify this as about games, not stuff in general.
What's Berserk?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
bartholen said:

Edit: Also, wouldn't this be better suited for off-topic? Otherwise specify this as about games, not stuff in general.
Is that the actual title or does ASOIAF stand for something?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
SidheKnight said:
bartholen said:

What's Berserk?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/Berserk

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Evonisia said:
If you like Half-Life 2, you'll like BioShock. Same presentation of story, just with an actual story this time 'round.
Do you mean the original Bioshock game? Or the entire series of games, to include Infinite? 'Cause I gotta say, I found Infinite really underwhelming, but I enjoyed the HL games.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
sageoftruth said:
bartholen said:

A Sexual Orchestra In A-Flat ....

[small]I have no idea[/small]

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Happyninja42 said:
Evonisia said:
If you like Half-Life 2, you'll like BioShock. Same presentation of story, just with an actual story this time 'round.
Do you mean the original Bioshock game? Or the entire series of games, to include Infinite? 'Cause I gotta say, I found Infinite really underwhelming, but I enjoyed the HL games.
The first, I'll edit that in a moment. I also found Infinite underwhelming, and 2 rather OK, though I suppose that was less because of the Half-Life story style.

sageoftruth said:
bartholen said:

A Song of Ice and Fire, the name for the Game of Thrones books.

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
sageoftruth said:
SidheKnight said:
bartholen said:

What's Berserk?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/Berserk
Thanks!

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
SidheKnight said:
bartholen said:

What's Berserk?
Berserk is a dark fantasy manga that's been running for 25 years now. It's known for its phenomenal artwork and extremely graphic depictions of sex, violence and sexual violence. It's a tale about a cursed, borderline insane warrior seeking revenge and redemption. Read it, don't let the rather weak initial story arc distract you, it's borderline skippable anyway.
SidheKnight said:
sageoftruth said:
bartholen said:

A Song Of Ice And Fire, the book series Game of Thrones is based on.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
bartholen said:
sageoftruth said:
bartholen said:

Oh! DUH! Song of Ice and Fire! Damn I keep forgetting that thing! I've read all but the last book of the series, and that title of the Ice and Fire just always slips out of my mind. I kept thinking the ASOIAF was some anime abbreviation like HSOTD is for Highschool of the Dead.

Are the Witcher books, and the Berserk series told from the viewpoint of an insane, psychotic, maniacal woman (Cercei), and/or the viewpoint of a naive and idiotic girl? (Sansa) Because if so, they can both die in a song of ice and fire thank you very much! xD

Seriously those books were hard to get through for me. So much page time was devoted to those two women, and being inside their heads was insanely frustrating for me. One was just fucking batshit insane, and evil as hell, and hearing her mental thought process made me feel dirty. The other was just so dumbfoundingly naive and stupid about the real world, even after some of the most fucked up shit happening to her, that I wanted to tear the pages out, chew them up, spit out the bits, and then set those on fire. Yes I know she finally got more intelligent, but holy fuck it took her a long time. And wow, yeah ok, I've ranted enough about book version Cercei and Sansa for now. Not trying to derail thread. xD Sorry. *puts his soapbox away*

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
bartholen said:
SidheKnight said:
bartholen said:

What's Berserk?
Berserk is a dark fantasy manga that's been running for 25 years now. It's known for its phenomenal artwork and extremely graphic depictions of sex, violence and sexual violence. It's a tale about a cursed, borderline insane warrior seeking revenge and redemption. Read it, don't let the rather weak initial story arc distract you, it's borderline skippable anyway.
SidheKnight said:
sageoftruth said:
bartholen said:

Thanks!!

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
If you liked Ride to Hell: Retribution, you'd love having an ice pick shoved into your genitals.