If you were a great warrior, what would be your weapon of choice?

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
If I was allowed nerdy power, definitely this:

FEEL THE EMPEROR'S DIVINE WRATH! Who honestly doesn't want a 10km long battleship with more firepower than the Earth at its disposal?

More realistically, I'd probably go with the Arctic Warfare Super Magnum (an L96A1 variant):

With this I can shoot from even the coldest locations without fearing about my bolt freezing in place. Just sit out in the cold winter snow and wait for foolish challengers. Of course, I'd leave a sign saying "Passing by this sign constitutes a challenge against the Great Warrior which begins immediately. You have been warned." Pass the sign, BOOM! HEADSHOT! Find new location. Await next challenger. Go all Simo Hayha on their asses.
Plus, being a "great warrior" would probably mean I could quickscope IRL :p

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
I'd go with what I'm trained with and know how to use, so any selection of 9mm pistol, especially the Beretta M92F and the Sig P226/P228/P229.

Beretta

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
baddude1337 said:
Dual Wield, High capacity Glock's with a laser sight on one and a flashlight on the other. oh, and an awesome RIS mount on the top. Not to put scopes on, but because they look much cooler with them on. And I'd have that back reloader Croft uses in the Tomb Raider films.
There are actually setups that allow you to have a laser sight and flashlight on the same Glock. Mine is currently that way.

On topic : Melee only I would go with Bladed Tonfa. If firearms are allowed I would go with a 50 caliber sniper rifle with a raised scope (allows one to use open sights when necessary by looking slightly under the scope).

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
I;d use a RYNO, as my weapon just for the sheer destructive power alone, either that or a beam katana.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Gun - BFG9000
Melee Weapon - Mace/Flail, no one is going to use a sword in a real battle.

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Aylaine said:
InTheEnd said:
Aylaine said:
My fists or my mind. I don't feel warriors need actual weapons, when they themselves can be the weapon. ;O
Yeah maybe but with weapons they are normaly much more badass. Personaly, I would use shotgun but but with a straight handle so that i can also hold it like a bat and smash people in the head. And some thing which freezes and/or poisens the enemy.
I think that depends on what the person considers badass, don't you? :D
I think that's true. However, there are two issues with your argument.

1) Fists aren't a weapon. In the sense you are refering to, your body is the weapon, as the majority of fighters will use more than just their fists to fight practically.

2) The body is not really a weapon. Every warrior in our great history, fictional or non-fictional, could fight both armed and unarmed. Even when they're armed, the weapon is supposed to feel like an extention of the body and many armed combat styles use punches, kicks and grapples to subdue the foe. to say your body is the weapon itself is true for all forms, then, as the body does 99% of the work and the weapon is simply where the energy is being directed to, which in turn is supposed to be acting simply as an extention of your person.

That all being said, I don't think "fists" could be considered a weapon. It would need to be something beyond your physical self added to yourself in order to improve your combat prowess. However, martial arts are still boss and I agree that anyone worth their salt in fighting with weapons needs to be able to throw down a few good punches and kicks to truly be a warrior. =D

As for my personal choice? I have to go with the best weapon ever made. It was used by the greatest warriors in our history, the Spartans. It's used by the greatest super hero of our time, Captain America. It provides both offense and defense on the field and finds itself in use even today, unlike most weapons that have been thrown to the wayside as time has passed. I am talking about, of course, the shield!

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
A true warrior can use anything and everything as weapon. The key is being flexable and adaptible and not static in one style or weapon. That beign said...

Pre-gunpowder= A hand axe with a shield

Firearm= the AA-12, because there's no such thing as overkill

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
I'll take Kayvann Shrike's Raven Talons.
A pair of master crafted Lightning Claws crafted by Corax himself, able to rip apart even the toughest of tanks with absolutely no effort whatsoever.

So yeah, I'll have a badass set of claws to rip shit up with.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
I would use my mind. I would control thousands of armies and loving servants to do whatever I want at the wave of a hand. You can have your samurai swords, and battle axes, I will have my brain.

kirbowshi

Sep 4, 2010
Sjakie said:
Nukes.... i win
...You will...willingly hold nukes in your hands. You are either brave or extremely brave. However, how will you use them? Will you punch people with them or just start tossing them like 'nades and hope they explode or maim someone dearly? lol.

I would prefer a minigun or a dual-mingun. I am a coward and would prefer to stay away from all and any possible opponents. Also I'm a very bad shot.

Hah. Now that I think about it I kinda like the "nukes in my hands" deal. Punching someone with a nuclear missile sounds fun.

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
To quote TV Tropes' "Heros prefer swords."

Personally, I'd like a flaming gun that shoots shuriken and lightning with a set of boobs. Plus ten internets to whoever gets the reference.