If you were a supervillain, and right now you can kill your archnemesis

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Yes. I see no reason to personally kill my archnemesis.
Zachary Amaranth said:
I would LITERALLY monologue my nemesis to death.
If I could, I would too. Though, do you mean monologue for so long he just dies or monologue so well that your nemesis kills himself?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
It depend how insane/ immoral I am and also depend how annoying my archnemesis is. You didn't state our archnemesis is a superhero, maybe it is a rival supervillain. Either way if I had some respect with my archnemesis and vice versa (he/ she also respect me) then I wouldn't kill him/ her assuming if I was still the honourable type. If I had gone crazy sure I would killed my archnemesis with no problem.
I'd say not killing him would be disrespectful, though. You're writing him off as non-threatening.

So I'd kill my rival. I owe him that much, at least.

melikeyshootey

Apr 27, 2011
I would be Marauder Shields, and kill Commander Shepard so he/she wouldn't have to suffer the shit ending.(Of Mass Effect 3)

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Well, I'd say something to give my archnemesis a "hint" about stopping the next part of my plan, THEN have my subordinate kill him.

The hint would be fake, of course. If my archnemesis DID survive, he would be chasing down a lead that helps me in the long run.

If he actually did die for good, hey, party time!

Jack Nief

Nov 18, 2011
If on the highly unlikely off-chance I must become a supervillain over a superhero, I'd at least have some honor about it. Real men don't use lackeys to do their own work, or some elaborate trap, or even a gun. A real man gets his own hands dirty.

"Hand to Hand. It is the essence of all combat. Only a FOOL would trust his life to a weapon."

One on one. Man to Man. Fight to the death. Or at least for me. The hero probably not so much.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Would you do it?
Depends.

Can I torture the superhero, drive them mad, and turn them into my enslaved minion?

If no, then yeah, kill em instantly. On camera, so I can see it happen. As they say - video, or it didn't happen.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Well thats no fun, but if I walk up to where he is and start talking about philosophical crap - I WILL be going in there instead of him and die a painful death. Just look at ANY villain that has ever been in this situation. Id choose to just give the order and tell myself "What kinda rival gets beaten that easily? You were no rival".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TrilbyWill said:
Yes. I see no reason to personally kill my archnemesis.
Zachary Amaranth said:
I would LITERALLY monologue my nemesis to death.
If I could, I would too. Though, do you mean monologue for so long he just dies or monologue so well that your nemesis kills himself?
I was thinking more a monologue so awesome his head explodes.

But, option two isn't bad either.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
krazykidd said:
Daystar Clarion said:
That's no fun.

Real rivalries need to be 1 on 1 battles, with awesome music and witty banter.

So this is what they call a heartwarming family reunion, eh?

You got that right.

I love you Vergil.

Have my babies.
More son's of sparta daystar? I think someone has a man crush on a certain silver hair man *wink* .

OT: No , i would let him watch and suffer knowing he can do nothing! Unless i'm going up against a team , then i'd pick them off one by one till one is left and leave the last one alive.

Capcha : oh brother . Refering to dante and virgil , i guess .
to be fair though

Sparda's son are badasses :D pick one, or the other, both drip awesome :3

OT: of course, then string they're corpse up for all to see what happen to those who oppose me

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Well my arch nemesis is Batman. So given any chance I would not hesitate to kill him.

I'd throw a super villain party to celebrate.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Are you kidding, I'm well versed in both The Evil Overlord List [http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html] AND tvtropes. You won't find anyone more dangerously genre savvy [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DangerouslyGenreSavvy] than me. I know when to just shoot them [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyDontYouJustShootHim].

They woulnd't even reach the lava, I'd order my mooks to empty a few hundred rounds into them first. I'd then order them to reload and fire again.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
If a bad guy is so evil and dangerous that he must be killed, then he must be killed coldly, quickly, as efficiently and safely as possible, and with absolutely zero consideration for gravitas, satisfaction or style. You do the thing to make him dead that gives the greatest guerentee that he will be dead. And since he is still a human being, you don't relish it.

Unless it's fiction. But even in fiction, the best climactic showdowns are usually when the characters are trying to be simple and brutal, and circumstances complicate things.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Absolutely not. They are my Archnemesis, and only I get to end their sad, pitiful existence. And even then, only depending on the circumstances. It really depends, and there's a lot of factors to take into account, such as:

- Would I rather toy with them and draw it out, then kill them?

- Do I respect them enough to give them a personal, face-to-face death? Or even a chance to fight for their lives?

- Do I respect them so much that I would rather they live as my antithesis?

- Do I happen to like them?

- Would they be a family member? Hey, it happens!

- Would killing them be difficult to the point of requiring a ludicrous amount of resources? And, would it simply be easier to try and neutralize them some other way?

- Are they both my archnemesis, and my lover?

- Are they even able to be killed?

- Do my eventual evil goals rely on their life and/or death?

- Would life and villainy still be fun after they die?

[CAPTCHA: I'm not dead yet. How appropriate!]