If you were God, what would you do?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Take care of North Korea, dismantle their military and have it annexed by South Korea.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I'd probably turn into a huge dick. Not literally...

But, yeah, I can't see it turning out well. Except for me. I'd be happy as a pig in shit.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
Give science a nudge in the right direction, or if there isn't one, make a right direction. Maybe ascend a few of my friends to demigodhood, and then play some strategy games against them, only this time using the humans on earth or w/ever. Maybe make some fantasy universes real, and spend time in them. Experiment.

Play real life Portal with my friends. Become a superhero, I don't know. The list goes on and on.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
get rid of all religions by wiping the idea of religion as fact from everyone. the bible etc would be fictional. nobody would pray (honestly, i would NOT want to have to answer all that shit). in all of history. yeah, they're right. but how would you religious people (religiouses? religionites? religionists (apparently this is a word...)?) like it if you found out that God wasnt vengeful, just literally did not give enough shits to do anything other than make you exist.
and, just to have fun, i would throw the mutant X gene out there. just... make the X-Men real. for funsies.

plus, BLOODSPORTIVERSE! and entire universe of planets full of different races all designed to fight. every month, i will force them all to sacrifice 3 people to be transported to a world which is technologically advanced, the people are all ultra-upper-class and can go to a giant arena of swamps, lava, ice and rocks (just like all the inhabited planets) to watch them fight.

Mr.Tophat

May 18, 2011
Give everyone a third eye right in the middle of their head instantaneously, never reveal my existence, and then just go fuck around the universe, come back in a few years, see how they reacted.

Trollololol.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Force everyone to play Nazi Zombies from black ops. They must hit wave 25

At the last round, 115 plays until they beat it.

Also, everyone gets random partners and are locked in their own little room until they beat it.
Platform is non-specific. Then I let the world run its course, this not to make people evil or anything like that, it's to tell the world to slow down a bit and do something any human can do, kill zombies.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I reveal myself to the world, create a new religion that boils down to "do not be an asshole or I will smite your ass," and reward my followers with space travel and miracles.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I would positively influence and inspire people, not enough to become dependant on me or even realise that I am there, but not so little that they lose faith. At the same time allowing free will and thinking to flourish unopposed with the sole exception of tragedy striking those who "chose" to be the guy who trys his hand at geonocide.

If someone were to ask me why I would still allow bad people to do bad things I would say:"I leave it mostly up to you to make the right decisions and problem solve on your own so that you learn responsibility and not obediance to my will nor expect me to solve every problem thus giving you no desire to solve them on your own."

I would not permit people like Stalin, Hitler, or Mao Tse-tung to come into power but death and pain exist in the world today and I could see it as motivation for people to try and better themselves and the world around them(with a couple of silent nudges from me because we all know how that there will be a couple of asshats who will try to exploit that on the global level).

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Find all the other advanced species in the universe, manifest myself to them, make some sort of wormhole-esque thingy to bring them all together.
Then become a person and have fun being magic.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Here's the best one:

I'd make the Pokemon world real. Not just create Pokemon, but alter the world for it

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Well first of all I'd patch things up with satan and apologize for overreacting to him giving my children critical thinking, self reflecting and free thought. Also I'd bestow everyone with thoughts and feelings akin to critics so nobody would be able to create mindless crap and make money and encourage the world of art and entertainment to accept more scrutiny from the layman masses so they uphold a standard of progress and quality.

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
Absolutely nothing.
I might use the immortality bit to save me from dying of aging but not from "unnatural" causes like crashes, shootings, etc. etc. and I wouldn't use any supernatural powers to intervene in human affairs for any reason whatsoever.
I'm just taking the "you know you've done best when no one is sure you've done anything at all" philosophy from Futurama and going one personal step further. Noone should be trusted to be at the top of a hierarchy with power over others.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
You know the Old Gods, how they were supposedly really bad, ruining people's lives for no real reason whatsoever, having their petty power struggles and whatnot.

I would make them look tame.

I think, for starters, I'll appear in several different guises, to different groups, and give them conflicting instructions. For example, I could appear a burning bush to a bunch of people, and tell them not to eat pork or work on sundays, then a few years later, I could appear as some bloke to another bunch of people, and tell them it's ok to do both of those things. Then I'd appear as a voice in the head of some other folks a few years later, and tell them it's not ok to eat pork, and they should declare holy war on anyone who does it, but it's perfectly ok to work on Sundays.

You know, just to see what happens. It'll probably be really terrible for the people on the ground, but honestly, if I were God, I'd probably find that sort of thing hilarious!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
reveal myself to the world, and ask the atheists if they have any questions.

Other then that, I dont know. probably just go at a whim and do stuff.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Manipulate reality so things may be the way I want them to be.
Burn every religious book ever written, real or a fictional work. No believing in a false god on my watch.
3rd create faster than light engines so we can spread into space and give them to the people.
4th, become God Emperor of Mankind. But will not get stuck on the throne.
5. Have fun.

Ya so were going WH 40K "ish". Suppose it will be no fun for the trillions who will die, but they are ready to die in my name. Can't have those demons and aliens running about can we.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'd hide a spectacular treasure somewhere on the planet and then appear in a divine light and tell my subjects about it.

Then I watch the chaos unfold, and I have a good laugh when someone finally finds the treasure and sees that it's merely a 5 dollar giftcard to Subway.

Then I go about my life up in my divine kingdom with my divine harem, smiting anyone who pisses me off or renounces me.

Oh, and I'd impregnate a human woman and have her give birth to my demi-god son. Then hopefully something tragic would happen in his life and he'd find out about his parentage and try to kill me over it.
That would make for an interesting way to spend an afternoon.

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
Yeah, becoming omnipotent will probably change the way my thought process works. I doubt I'd even pay humans any attention, I'd be doing much more important things.