If you were raised today would you still be into gaming?.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
More than likely yes, I would still be into video games. Why wouldn't I be? Video games are fun, and I like to have fun. I'm also really good at some of them. AND, I can play some with friends. What's not to love?

Sure, my tastes would probably be different, but I'd still be playing them. My buying habits would probably be the same, too. I'm frugal with my entertainment products. (to a degree)

Also, I don't let loud-mouthed idiots (of ANY persuasion) on internet forums, social media sites, and propaganda-minded 'news' outlets dictate what I like and what I do to entertain myself. Leave them to wallow in their own shit-filled echo chambers, I say. I'm too busy having fun.

Captain Chemosh

Sep 5, 2011
Probably not, my mother was anti-video games back when I was a kid so I had to rely on occasional gifts from my eccentric aunt to play anything. That was back when it was just the Snes, if my mother was raising me as a kid now, with all the violence in video games then I would be facing a downright blockade on any video games beyond tetris.

Jamcie Kerbizz

Feb 27, 2013
Silentpony said:
Jamcie Kerbizz said:
Silentpony said:
Scarim Coral said:
Seriously trying to played the olds games now that I'm fully expose with the current time is so hard! I'm supised how I had the paitence and the endurance to played those games back then!
I wonder if we'd be sitting there like 'Let me get this straight, lootboxes and paid DLC are totally anti-consumer, but 1 life per $.25 on an arcade machine was totally legit?'
If you were good, you only needed that $.25. If you sucked you paid to give yourself another chance to get better. If you sucked at getting good, you hated video games. Most people hated arcade video games.
To be fair lots of those games were deliberately designed to be hard to get more money. Imagine say...Cuphead, with only 1 health, and every life cost you a quarter. Or Dark Souls.
That's what a lot of those games were like
Yeah that's fair. Point is skill was rewarded, so if you were a good player you didn't need much to catch on the new things game would throw at you.
I remeber, that at one point I gave another kid in arcade equivalent of 2 quarters (which is all he needed) so he'd just play through the game (one of bullet hell types I don't remember the name) and I could watch it. Got scolded by my grandma for being an idiot that got swindled out of my money.
Looking at it from the almost half century of gaming perspective I made actually pretty intelligent decision as a kid.
All I did, was paying two quarters for watching a 'private let's play'. I had no chance in hell to get good enough at that price to do it myself.