If you were to worship a fictional God who would you choose?

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
inb4 Christianity's God.

OT: Due to the Percy Jackson series, I'm okay with the Greek gods.
Wasn't Zeus a serial rapist? Or was that little detail removed from the books?

OP: Someone already said God Emperor of Mankind but only before the Horus Heresy. But that wouldn't be worship so much as hanging around a really cool guy.

Also inb4 these two:

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Sheogorath. No contest. Never has a deity had a more progressive policy regarding dairy products.

DeadFOAM

Aug 7, 2010
Hal10k said:
Sheogorath. No contest. Never has a deity had a more progressive policy regarding dairy products.
I would attend daily service for Sheogorath.

Hell, I beat that entire quest line and I still haven't beat the main story.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Myself. I believe in myself, I create the world around me (existentially speaking), and I influence all that I survey with a commanding authority. I am a fictional god.

(Take that another way, I am a fictional god because I am exceptionally good at writing fiction.)

Febel

Jul 16, 2010

"Give your bodies to Atom, my friends. Release yourself to his power, feel his Glow and be Divided."

Because a nuclear bomb is the closest thing to an embodiment of a divine being's power I could ever find myself believing in.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Varanfan9 said:
Personally I would go with the Marvel comics version of Thor. He's awesome and goes around hitting people in the face with a lightning hammer. I've always wondered if he had worshipers in the Marvel universe since he was a God and told everyone that.
I'm with you, chuck- Asgard all the way! Possibly the Celestials, though. They may not look quite as cool but they're powerful enough to lay down the law.

-Nick

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Oooo, good point! Sheogorath and Innoruuk in a pit, who ever wins gets my love and worship.

Fudd

Nov 9, 2010
Iluvatar for serious, Grandfather Nurgle for funsies.

*edit*

I take them back. All hail the forgotten power of Banjulhu!

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
Cayden Cailean: the Accidental God; God of Freedom, Ale, Bravery, and Adventure. Found in the Pathfinder setting.

I might have trouble leaving one of his temples unless I was off to blow up some orcs.

Check him out here: http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cayden_Cailean He's a riot.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
ace_of_something said:
I was hoping I could beat the trolls who say a currently recognized religion.

Too late.
They're so fast!

OT:
Is there a fictional god of candy and blowjobs? If there isn't I'm making her now,
All worship the glorious goddess!
this guys god all the way in all seriousness Aphrodite closest thing to the aforementioned post

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
FFHAuthor said:
The God Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40K.
I think he said fictional xP The Emperor protects, see, it even says so in the Gaurdsman Uplifting Primer ^^

OT: While not really a specific god, if forced to switch from my currently religion, I'd totally follow the Turians example from Mass Effect, seriously, read the codex on it, pretty deep for a video game. (Also While there read about the galactic search engine, pretty amazing how nerdy the guys at Bioware are ^^)

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
The Crawling Chaos, Nyarlathotep.

Hey, if I'm gonna worship a Lovecraftian horror, I might as well go with the one who actually does shit, rather than ol' squidface.

Also... y'know... Nyarlathotep isn't quite as likely as Cthulhu to slaughter his own cultists.