Ignorance on Facebook (censored for the well-being of this thread)

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
aegix drakan said:
And all this over SOCCER?! WE CANADIANS DON'T EVEN FLIP OUT LIKE THAT OVER HOCKEY!! AND WE FREAKIN LOVE HOCKEY!!
Except for a very small segment of the population of Vancouver, but most of us think that was stupid too.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
We're saying shit like this...over a game of Women's Soccer. The World Cup, granted, but come on. It's a sport.

Whatever. People don't surprise me anymore. Let's move on.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Welcome to the internet. Where awful people meet. This is just like when the tsunami hit them. All the bigots come out to bash the country.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
For FUCK SAKE! They just got hit by a FUCKING NATURAL DISASTER and people are bashing them for a soccer victory... I mean fuck, be fucking happy for them that these few women, their family and fans can take a bit of fucking pride and happiness from this and are maybe able to set aside the fucking reality that their country is looking like hell and needs some serious relief.

Seriously America, educate your population into some proper manners. This is the reason they need to make social networking a LOT harder to operate. That way, every fucking moron on the planet doesn't have the capacity to voice his/her opinion. Seriously, we've created a public forum for people to pour their ignorance and racism freely and all too easily. What concerns me is the number of people who commented in the OPs picture. You realize that all this is doing is giving them a chance to organize into a group of radical morons (KKK anyone?)

ShadowLord180

Nov 10, 2009
Well I'm ready to die now, I have absolutely NO faith in humanity anymore. 2012, hurry the fuck up and get me out of this place.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
JezebelinHell said:
JET1971 said:
JezebelinHell said:
Oh look a place for pointless self-righteous replies about people that shouldn't even be acknowledged. Feels like spreading stupidity that will just continue the blanket generalizations that need to stop all over.
I agree and i cannot count all the replies that are equaly full of ignorant racist comments by Escapist members towards Americans. Just goes to show you ignorance is a worldwide phenomena and this thread needs to be locked.
I expect as much from the general population on here. Really the only thing that makes them stand up and scream is when gamers are generalized. Other generalizations are, of course, fair, true and encouraged on here. That is why I typically do not hold opinions on this site, not just the forum, with any regard. Beyond just posting for fun most of the site is bigoted hatred of anything not in the approval zone. Only pre-approved opinions please or we will be offended and when we decide we are offended by your opinion we report it and take it away.
Yeah this thread is a cesspool of ignorance, bigotry, and nerd rage over something a small amount of people the world over do and do it quite often. I suppose they dont understand how fanatics act and how they are some of the most ignorant of people in the world.. as well as fan is short for fanatic.

So whats you been up to since last i quoted you in a thread?

*edit

Oops I forgot the OT part:

The majority of Americans know that the 2 nuclear bombs dropped on Japan was a travesty and are ashamed that we did that. during the end years of WWII the president, generals, and admirals all thought that it was the best choice to end the war quickly and efficiantly. they were right in that it would end it quickly and efficiantly but still wrong for using them as it was not the best choice. That is why we have not used our nuclear arsenal in war since then. The majority of Americans are ashamed that we dropped 2 nukes on Japan, that was our darkest hour and we know it. 20-30 idiots who failed in history class do not make the American people.

There is a few ignorant people in our society just as there are in every society and you people here that are claiming that all Americans are this small collection of asshats are no better than them. Welcome to hypocrasy and bigotry, some of you deserve awards for how far into that you've gone. I know I can browse the internet and find plenty of hate born of ignorance from every country in this world, so remember glass houses and stones.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
RamirezDoEverything said:
"fuck all u slanty eyed, nailsalon, rub and tug massues, ninja, rice-eating, tsunami-loving gookie smelling, cat cooking smelly fucks"

Excuse me, as I hold my head under water for 10 minutes.
No wait..... I've got a better idea.

Hold THEIR heads under water for 10 minutes instead. Here, I'll help you.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
This is why I rarely post on Facebook. And if I did, I wouldn't post something as ignorant as what those people would post.

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
Yes, there are ignorant assholes out there. Here's an idea: ignore them. Attention is really the only power they have.

To balance the douchiness, here's my own response to the World Cup:

That...was an epic game! Congrats, Japan, it was a well-earned victory. But we'll be back! Vengeance WILL be ours. ;D

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
America should be banned until America learns its lesson. Really people? This? It isn't even as good a reason as the sea shephards

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
GodofCider said:
Blue_vision said:
Tarkinor said:
And people wonder why so many people have lost faith in humanity.
Because we all know that 50 people on facebook = the entirety of the 6.5+ billion people on Earth.
But of course. Don't you know how the internet works; or for that matter conversation in general?

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2307#comic
Perhaps that is because there are many insecure people on the internet who refuse to be wrong.\
Firehound said:
America should be banned until America learns its lesson. Really people? This? It isn't even as good a reason as the sea shephards
We should be banned because of Facebook post? Really? There is going to be stupid people no matter what.
"Sir, a person in Japan said America is full of idiots!"
"I already contacted UN we are prepared to kick them out of the United nations."

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
You took a couple dozen out of an entire nation. Do that anywhere and you'll find absurd levels of racism.
A couple people a really stupid. That's a problem, yes, but check out this thread alone. 13 pages, quite a few for this site, of people being pissed off at such racism. See how far we've come?

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Okay why do Americans insist on focusing on an event in history we'd all rather just forget about and move on?

You don't see the UK, France, Russia or especially Germany making such a big fucking deal out of WW2, or indeed referencing the event in such an atrocious, insulting manner. Sure the aforementioned nations have their ceremonies and parades, but they have a sense of dignity and self-respect about the issue.

Yahtzee said it best - it's probably because it's the last time the US shared in a decisive victory over an enemy posing a genuine threat.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
I love how one of them made an apology afterwards. Apparently I wasn't the only one hunting down their profiles and reporting several of the offending posts for hate speech.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
And THIS is why if the Terminators ever come into existance, the first thing they should do is go back in time and stop Mark Zuckerberg from creating Facebook.