Ignorant fools!

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Hosker said:
I have a friend who, quite often, complains that he is bored. So I did the obvious thing any noble person would do and sent a link to tvtropes. He took one look at it, said something along the lines of "the design is crappy" and never went on it again. He didn't even bother to look up anything...

So my question. Do you have any examples of people being highly ignorant, close minded, or too quick to judge?
My brother dismisses anything with bad graphics/effects as just plain bad.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Pretty much every one in my school hates anime and thinks it's even nerdier than video games just because they see commercials for Naruto and decide that anime is "gay".

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
I know people who think that every game besides the Call of Duty series and the Halo series is "gay". I also know people who refuse to play games that have bad graphics, they are also the same people who wont watch a movie if its not in HD. Then there is me who wont play JRPG'S because I dont like the art style. Thats the same reason I dont watch anime I dont like the art style.

soulsabr

Oct 9, 2008
lithiumvocals said:
What -I- don't get, is the older generation and their inability to listen to anyone not over the age of 40 when it comes to computers and internet.
You'll understand one day. Now ... GET OFFA MY LAWN, DAG-NABIT!

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Smugleaf said:
Dango said:
Pretty much every one in my school hates anime and thinks it's even nerdier than video games just because they see commercials for Naruto and decide that anime is "gay".
Trying to explain Anime in general is annoying, but it goes to a whole new level when you have to explain the concept of this:
Trust me.
What's even worse is when I have to explain my desktop background to people...
It doesn't help when I tell them I find it "touching"...

epic_ellen

Dec 30, 2009
I generally hate people who dismiss things as being too "mainstream". Some mainstream things are bad, but sometimes popular things are popular for a reason, indie kids.

Oh anime ignorance, how I loathe thee. People who think anime is all just childish Pokemon bullshit drive me crazy. No matter how many times I try to explain how some anime can get to a level so much deeper than Western television (like Monster for example, you wouldn't get shit like that on our TVs) they dismiss it as being "childish" just cause it's animated. And yet they watch shows like Family Guy! I don't understand it.

I also cannot stand people who might hear one fact on a topic, and are so convinced they're right they won't listen to reason from a person who actually is an expert on the subject.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
I have a friend that had never heard of Demon's Souls. I borrowed it so we could play it on his system one afternoon, as my friends and I usually link up on Friday nights to play video games. I ask him if he had ever heard of it, no, if he wants to play and he says, "No, I don't like the sound of that game." I ask him why, "It just doesn't sound like a game I would like to play." This happens with basically every game we introduce to the guy(RE5, Valkyria Chronicles, Freedom Fighter, Soul Calibur, Battlefront 2, and onwards. ) He has to see people actually playing the game and enjoying themselves before sitting down to play, and if he loses just once, he throws the game down and says he doesn't like it.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I spent 3.5 hours at TVtropes once.

Yeah, I have a female friend who is exactly like Eric Cartman. I tollerate her because we pretty much have the exact same taste in entertainment & she actually returns what she borrows. She's a mormon & I'm athiest, so that topic is off limits for argument.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insolent fool, this slave of fashion, basking in your glory.
Ignorant fool, this brave young suitor, sharing in my triumph.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
tthor said:
drbarno said:
THEJORRRG said:
Hosker said:
I have a friend who, quite often, complains that he is bored. So I did the obvious thing any noble person would do and sent a link to tvtropes. He took one look at it, said something along the lines of "the design is crappy" and never went on it again. He didn't even bother to look up anything...

So my question. Do you have any examples of people being highly ignorant, close minded, or too quick to judge?
The hell is tvtropes?
We would show you but we're all afraid of doing this while on there

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk
FFFUUUUU-
damit, i just spent another hour of my life on tvtropes just because you posted that link! lol
Actually so did I when I put the link on there so you could say I was

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HoistByHisOwnPetard

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
Oh god, where to start.

Well,gaming fanboys for one. We all have that one friend.

I think what pisses me off the most is when people dismiss my taste in music because it's instrumental (for the most part). I'm sorry, instruments speak 1000x stronger than words. Especially modern music. Geez.
Strongly agree with instrumental music. It's just about all I listen to, but barely anyone else seems to.
Actually the very same person I mentioned in the original post doesn't like instrumental music because "there's barely any emotion in it".

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
The only music genera I hate without any question or thought is 'gangsta rap'. That shit needs to fucking die. Horribly. In a fire.