IHOP changing its name to ...IHOB

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Yes, the apocalypses has happened, hell has frozen over...

IHOP has decided to change its name . Yes, the International House of Pancakes will become.... International House of Breakfast.(IHOB)

The name change was mentioned as a "low key" social media marketing event. The web is a buzz with the horrible news, children are crying in the streets and men and women are confused. Groups on all political sides are blaming it on fringe groups for the name change, as well as President Trump has taken all the credit.

http://fortune.com/2018/06/05/ihop-name-change/

My question to you dear folks ,as this sign of the end-times approaches and it destroys our lives.

* What do you think of the name change? (if it does happen)

* Would this prevent you from enjoying goldenTrump pancakes. Wimpy bacon or the cold golden nectar of the gods (orange juice.) ?

*Is this in your eyes the smartest/dumbest marketing ploy ever done?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
What a disaster. No one goes to IHOP for breakfast. You go there are 1am, drunk or stoned, for pancakes and country fried steak. It's a stoners place, not a family breakfast joint.
Itd be like Taco Bell rebranding itself as Early to bed health food. It's just wrong.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Silentpony said:
What a disaster. No one goes to IHOP for breakfast. You go there are 1am, drunk or stoned, for pancakes and country fried steak. It's a stoners place, not a family breakfast joint.
Itd be like Taco Bell rebranding itself as Early to bed health food. It's just wrong.
Most drugs and drinks don't mix well with either Taco Bell / IHOP. It's like the fast food version of walk of shame as you leave it, trying to find your car keys. Later attempting to forget you wherever there in the first place.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
"International House Of Bancakes"!

Sounds like a great name for an Internet forum. NeoGAF must be kicking themselves now.

Or "himself", I guess.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Marik2 said:
They're just doing this to garner controversy and response.

It's like trying to beat a very dead horse brand with a feather duster by this point. I am just wondering how much they spent to go off on this very non-creative add.It is so bad; i mean this is really "cringe" for anyone who does this type marketing work. Sadly it might have even cost actual hundreds of thousands of dollars for someone in copyright, to flip the letter over.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
RobertEHouse said:
Silentpony said:
Most drugs and drinks don't mix well with either Taco Bell / IHOP. It's like the fast food version of walk of shame as you leave it, trying to find your car keys. Later attempting to forget you wherever there in the first place.
I disagree. Many a good times have been had drunk off vodka balls after a terrible movie, like Dragon Wars, and the only thing that'll make you feel whole again is a country fried steak with scrambled eggs.

No accounting for taco bell. Had it once back in college and it gave food poisoning for 3 days, so I haven't touched the stuff since.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
International House of Pancakes? Is that what ihop means? I've seen that name in a movie or two and I thought it had something to do with electronics/TVs/etc. Maybe because ipad ipod ihop, I don't know. International House of Pancakes sounds so stupid. International House of Breakfast sounds even worse...

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Silentpony said:
RobertEHouse said:
Silentpony said:
I disagree. Many a good times have been had drunk off vodka balls after a terrible movie, like Dragon Wars, and the only thing that'll make you feel whole again is a country fried steak with scrambled eggs.

No accounting for taco bell. Had it once back in college and it gave food poisoning for 3 days, so I haven't touched the stuff since.
Dear, god.. you survived taco bell, i have never walked into one since my brother worked in one and told me how they cooked the meat.That was at least eight years ago, Silentpony you should be given a metal pin to your chest after that, and all the vodka you want for free for life.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Wintermute said:
International House of Pancakes? Is that what ihop means? I've seen that name in a movie or two and I thought it had something to do with electronics/TVs/etc. Maybe because ipad ipod ihop, I don't know. International House of Pancakes sounds so stupid. International House of Breakfast sounds even worse...
Well , they used to used the full name in the early eighties. Yep, the full name which took up a lot of space on buildings and signage. Then 90 they changed it to IHOP in general because they figured it was easy for people to remember. I been here and there and have never seen a Dutch Puff or German Pfannkuchen not even once.They were all lies being international ... but the name was manly used for how many locations they had.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
RobertEHouse said:
Silentpony said:
RobertEHouse said:
Silentpony said:

Dear, god.. you survived taco bell, i have never walked into one since my brother worked in one and told me how they cooked the meat.That was at least eight years ago, Silentpony you should be given a metal pin to your chest after that, and all the vodka you want for free for life.
It was not a good 3 days. It was the first time I tried pot and the gang I was with were all dead set on Taco Bell. Now the pot didn't really work on me. Everyone seemed stoned, but i felt no different. Had a mexican pizza and a bean burrito. Tasted okay, if greasy and...wet. But the next morning the fun started and didn't stop for 3 days.
Haven't touched pot or taco bell since.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I have one question and one question only: Who the hell cares? It's one frikin' letter. Must be a really really slow news day.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Silentpony said:
RobertEHouse said:
Silentpony said:
RobertEHouse said:
Silentpony said:

It was not a good 3 days. It was the first time I tried pot and the gang I was with were all dead set on Taco Bell. Now the pot didn't really work on me. Everyone seemed stoned, but i felt no different. Had a mexican pizza and a bean burrito. Tasted okay, if greasy and...wet. But the next morning the fun started and didn't stop for 3 days.
Haven't touched pot or taco bell since.
My brother worked at one for a few years when he moved to be near family. The stories he told were not very flattering of TBell as he dealt with the minced up meat (not totally meat) they use. Some Taco bell locations don't handle anything really like they are supposed to.Thinking if they cook/ grill like crazy that kills whatever can make a customer sick. Which is just pure asinine thinking to have dealing with any food prep.

I also had similar experience eating at Local Pizza joint,Everyone had a great time until the next day when we were to sick for work.A good four or five days of 'fun' that was. Never ate at that Pizza joint again and since it was near work, i made sure lunch was never held there again.

Sep 24, 2008
Canadamus Prime said:
I have one question and one question only: Who the hell cares? It's one frikin' letter. Must be a really really slow news day.
Very one cares.

For the simple reason is that branding is ruining everything lately.

As much as people would just like to write off Americans as soda guzzling fatties and all that mess, Soda consumption has been on a regular decline [http://fortune.com/2017/04/19/coca-cola-pepsi-dr-pepper-soda-water/].

Pancakes have long been considered a breakfast no-no. Trying to make it sound like the more healthier 'breakfast' than the sugar and carb laden 'pancakes' is just an attempt to get more butts in the door.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Very one cares.

For the simple reason is that branding is ruining everything lately.

As much as people would just like to write off Americans as soda guzzling fatties and all that mess, Soda consumption has been on a regular decline [http://fortune.com/2017/04/19/coca-cola-pepsi-dr-pepper-soda-water/].

Pancakes have long been considered a breakfast no-no. Trying to make it sound like the more healthier 'breakfast' than the sugar and carb laden 'pancakes' is just an attempt to get more butts in the door.
Really? Pancakes are considered a no-no? Since when? Not that I'm surprised, the concept of moderation and balance is lost on far too many people.
Regardless Ihop changing their name doesn't seem like something worth getting upset over.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Silentpony said:
You sure you not confusing it with Dennys?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
RaikuFA said:
Silentpony said:
Nope, IHOP. There hasn't been a Denny's seen in the wild since nei on 2004.

Dec 10, 2012
Silentpony said:
RaikuFA said:
Silentpony said:

Nope, IHOP. There hasn't been a Denny's seen in the wild since nei on 2004.
Where do you live? There was a Denny's in my town as recently as last year. Was it like the last white rhino?

And I eat at Taco Bell at least once a week. Y'all act like it's poison; well if it is just call me Dread Pirate Roberts.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Question, are there any IHOPs outside of the American continent?

I ask because it's supposedly the International House of Bancakes yet it seems very regional.