I'm a what now?!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I used to get the emo thing all the time. Could have had something to do with the fact that I pretty much was one. Still took it as another of life's cruel jokes.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I wouldn't call it an accusation, but in high school I actually had someone I'd never really spoken to before ask if I could hook him up with some pot. To be fair, a lot of my friends did drugs and it was generally assumed I did as well.
Betancore said:
A lot of people ask me if I'm a lesbian, including the guy I like, my mother, and my grandmother. It's kind of weird because I can't figure out what it is that makes them assume that.
Softball? Lesbianism has a wide array of symptoms. Are you...homely? Do you not care about your appearance? (sarcasm, don't burn me)
so wait, how is a 14 year old openly gay? how do you define your sexuality at 14 anyway, fuck me im old
You're not just old, you're disconnected from your past. Most people are experiencing sexual attraction by 14, often earlier. I realized I was gay when I was 12.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
DMonkey said:
constant Mclovin jokes
It's not just me! YES!

Sorry... I got that a lot when SuperBad first came out. It helps now that I wear contact lenses more and have longer hair.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Bible Doctor said:
I was called a skin head once. I normally kept my head shaved for various reasons. But I am also half Japanese, and I don't know many mixed race neo nazis.
I once met an African American Neo-Nazi. Admittedly it was while I was volunteering at a Mental Health Center...but yeah, it can happen.

Me? I've been confused for a Middle Easterner before. In fact, that's how I met one of my best friends and his family: Some dudes in a grocery store started calling me by racial epithets exclusive to those of Arab descent, and before I knew it a group of 4 Muslims show up out of nowhere and come to my defense.

When the guys left, we started talking and they invited me to a local mosque for a discussion that was happening that night. I took their invitation but I also explained that I was actually a Cuban (and a Christian, for that matter).

Then one of them (a real giant of a man) clapped me on the shoulder and said, "..and we would have still been at your side and we would still made the same invitation even then, little friend."

That guy and I became very close and he still is one of my best friends.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
All the time. For awhile, everyone I knew was sure I was nuts. The school even fell for it, and put me on anti-psychotic drugs.

Five years later I'm diagnosed with Aspergers, and a bunch of people freak. My father was seriously considering filing a lawsuit against the school. Amy (woman who diagnosed me) talked her out of it, but she's hated the school since.

...'pologies.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Contun said:
The OP's story reminded me of this:
Ewww that's making me cringe xD I've actually seen gay guys like that D:

I get called a Goth by adults a lot. I have no characteristics of a goth, i just think it's adults not knowing the names of any other social group.

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
I was called Mexican once...

I was a bit offended...not because I don't like Mexico or anything like that... just 'cause they were using it as a racist insult...

...I'm Italian, by the way...

swolf

May 3, 2010
I was called a racist and sexist by somebody who never met me based SOLELY on the fact that I am a white male. She said it to "all you white guys" and I decided to argue her logic...that was pointless.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Aylaine said:
RanD00M said:
Aylaine said:
He was looking at me from top to bottom, I'm pretty sure I know what kind of fun he meant. :/
Maybe he was just assessing the situation.And then calculating where you could hide.You know,if you would have joined him in his game of Hide and Seek.
Scary!
What's so scary about Hide and Seek? It's quite the entertaining game.

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
For some reason, when I was in high school, my entire year (grade) thought I was gay! This went as far as openly gay classmates asking me out. I believe it might have been a rumour that was spread by either someone who didn't like me, or a complete dickhead. I would have liked it if they had asked me rather than assuming because there were a few girls I liked who believed it, too. As a result, I was a lonely child. It didn't help that the homophobes believed it as well. The memory of it still pisses me off!

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
Jack_Uzi said:
People who don't know me very well think I'm angry most of the time because my 'neutral' face seems to be quite serious. But it could help because when I can pull a prank on someone, I just keep on pulling.
That's simalar to me. Reportedly, my neutral face looks "miserabe" to others. Whenever someone accuses me of being miserable, my reply is "Oh, yeah, 'cause it's sooo natural to have a smile permenantly plastered across your face!" They usually shut up after that.

Apr 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
RanD00M said:
Aylaine said:
''you are a pretty looking girl, do you like to have fun?''

Ugh. D:
Maybe said person wanted to play a game of Hide and Seek.Or tell you a fun joke.

OT:I once asked if I was gay.I answered no of course.But I see where he could have gotten that from.Seeing as I was frolicing around as a joke.
He was looking at me from top to bottom, I'm pretty sure I know what kind of fun he meant. :/
Oh, so he was thinking with his other head. I don't think I've ever been mistakenly identified as any of those previously mentioned, like emo, homophobe, hippy, bi, gay, goth or anything like that. At least, not in recent memory. On the other hand, people have told me they thought I was either British, Italian, or Russian. It confused me too.

Karousawai

Nov 17, 2009
I once knew a guy who called me a 'daywalker'. When I pointed out that I bear no resemblance to Wesley Snipes whatsoever, he justified it by saying that I was the only decent red headed person he knew. Which makes me a vampire thats resistant to sunlight apparently.

Still, more of a compliment than anything above ^^

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Several teenage girls mistook me for a werewolf once. However, to be fair, that was exactly the image I was trying to project. I don't know if that counts, but there you go.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I get asked "you look depressed," or "what's got you down?" a lot.
The reason is that I'm a very sleepy person, and it gets annoying when my nap is interrupted by someone who can't figure out that people rest for reasons other than depression.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Well some guys sometimes think I'm a girl.
Ever been spanked by the same sex? It's weird.