I'm afraid, how about you?

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
I fear fear itself, ya cliche' I know but I don't have any unnatural fears sorry.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Immolation and Drowning. Kind of polar deaths aren't they?

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
necromanzer52 said:
It's bees for me. That buzzing noise they make is haunting.
OH THE BEES! NOT THE BEES!

Yeah, me too. Been stung once too many times as a child. (and once no one was home, so it scared the crap out of me). Also doesn't help that the other time kept me up half the night with a fever and miniseizures.

Stuberfinn88

Nov 13, 2009
I have the normal Fear of heights, plus a debilitating fear of deep water, accompanying that is an irrational fear of water when it gets on my face such as showers/water bottle dumping/hoses/squirt guns( so its safe to say yeah I don't know how to swim) I can handle warm showers when I prepare myself for them, cold showers just make me freak out, I don't know why, but its a reflex to me thinking that I will drown from it. After of which, takes me a couple minutes to recompose myself.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
Finally mine insects and somehow being transported to another dimension with NO WAY BACK it could be nearly the same or completely different that little irksome thing that stands out but finger cant be pulled or great confusion and horror as it dawns *shivers* i have bad feelings when i feel i had maybe gone to another dimension

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I hate walls of text, so I'll just tell you what's worried me most recently. Developing a psychosis, primarily schizophrenia. I've had to deal with hypochondria for most of my life now, and it has periods of regression, but recently mental illness has been on my mind. I try not to let it affect my life too significantly, and just do what I can to satiate it, be aware of the symptoms (of the current obsession) then be rational about how I go about watching for them. In the early years my psychosomatic symptoms would be difficult to distinguish and develop rapidly but I've since become more pragmatic about what I consider a symptom, now I almost never see them anymore. It doesn't stop me being terrified I will become dissociative, paranoid or have hallucinations, or that I already am and don't realise it.

I get scared of deeply irrational things too, and take measures to then calm myself quickly doing or watching things that relax me. It tends to pass quickly.

Long term worries include, obviously, chronic degenerative illness, heights, spiders (but I'm working on it, I love spiders from a zoological perspective), rejection and syringes. I used to be afraid of loud noises, but as I got older I began to appreciate metal. Suffice to say that was soon after eradicated.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
necromanzer52 said:
It's bees for me. That buzzing noise they make is haunting.
lol i am very much unafraid of bees, to the point where i regard them as cute little critters, and don't even have much qualms about letting 1 crawl on my finger :)

tho i've never been stung before, so that probably is why i'm not scared.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Drakmeire said:
Shockolate said:
Dying.

Wish I was immortal....
and here is Cracked.com to spoil your fun.
bottom of list
http://www.cracked.com/article_17185_7-awesome-super-powers-ruined-by-science_p2.html
And as always, that's a risk I'd be willing to take.

OakTaooper

Jul 24, 2010
I would have to say, that I'm afraid of the dark...but only in my own home. In a cave, no flashlight? cool. At a friends place, power failure? Pretty sweet. I'm at home, I wake up and my lamp isn't on, I immediately know there is something waiting for me in the hall. It's ridiculous.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
I have a fear of heights, but there is a caveat to them them. Roller Coaster, no issue. Airplane? Allow me to sleep. *Thrill ride that plays off fear of heights here*? Sounds exciting!

Ladder? High open window? Standing on the edge of a deep fall? Scared. To. Death.

The best way I can explain it is, if it is heights I can die falling from, and it is out of my hands if that happens? I'm perfectly alright. If it is heights where I'm the one most apt to cause the fall, and subsequently my death? Keep them away from me.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
OakTaooper said:
I would have to say, that I'm afraid of the dark...but only in my own home. In a cave, no flashlight? cool. At a friends place, power failure? Pretty sweet. I'm at home, I wake up and my lamp isn't on, I immediately know there is something waiting for me in the hall. It's ridiculous.
Most phobias are, but it is odd. In general, yes, I'm only really scared in the dark when I'm in well known surroundings. I guess it kind of makes sense. You *think* you know the place well, but when it's dark you can't see it all properly, maybe it has changed, maybe what you think is there, isn't there, or maybe where you think there isn othing, there is something lurking, waiting. A sense of the unknown where you should feel like it is known. But I guess that would apply at other places too. Hmm.

To add to my first list: Rice, BTX form factor, being alone, scared of accidentally incurring another existential phase, imagining pain. Again, nowhere near everything.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
This about explains it:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_otnpTYg-M04/SO9qKYRdmcI/AAAAAAAAAOM/Em72916uV94/s320/beeweapon.jpg

popparik

Feb 14, 2011
President Sara Palin or President Donald Trump -- truly the most terrifying thing I can think of....

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
The fear of depth not death but depth, like in the middle of the ocean.

And heights i guess...

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Fear of humanity's ability to make such beautiful atrocities such as this: