I'm afraid to go on facebook.

nitat

Apr 10, 2010
Hello escapist, this is the first time I'm posting a topic so bear with me.

I'm ashamed to admit but I can't go on facebook.
I find it annoying cause I wanna speak to some people who I haven't seen in years.
But at the same time I find the idea intimidating to talk to the who I haven't seen in such long time.
Might also have something to with the fact I don't know how facebook work.
I had the same problem with msn messenger.
I find this conflict confusing cause I have no problems with talking to random strangers.

My question is : do you have a similair problem like me, do you know what my problem is or do you know how I could get over this problem.

Thanks for reading

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
I sure there is a video somewhere on how FB works. Basically, you can find people or people find you, but you have to either invite them to your FB or you ask to be invited to their FB. You can ignore people as well uninvite. You can even send private/public emails, pictures, video, etc.

My only problem with FB is the certain people from my past finding me. If I wanted the skeletons in my closet to come out, I wouldn't put them in the closet in the first place. :p

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I was quite the technophobe when it came to Facebook, but my tip is get a friend (that you see IRL) and get him/her to help you set it up. You will get the hang of it eventually, and when you do it's quite the usefull tool! And to what the above post says, this is indeed a problem but you can always block those who you want nothing to do with :)

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I've been avoiding my family on Facebook since I made one.

I just don't accept their friend invites. Also, if you already have a Facebook account, you can appear offline to "chat" (bottom right corner, click on a gear). Message the people you want to--they'll get it as a chat and reply to you.

I had the same problem with MSN. There were way too many people that I didn't want to talk to, so I just stopped going on it, despite losing the trust of a few friends--or losing them completely. I don't care so much, though. I'm better at keeping contact by email.