I'm getting a Nintendo 64

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
F-Zero X was possibly my most-played N64 game outside of the Zeldas. Pod Racer was also a surprisingly good game for what was basically a movie tie-in :D

Lylat Wars was my favourite rental, and I wish I'd bought it back in the day. Smash Bros was also awesome. Super Mario 64 is one of those games I wished bought as well :/

I'm not so sure about recommending Jet Force Gemini - to get to the boss battle you have to find every single bloody bear in the game - and there's a lot of them. And some of the maps are extremely complicated/big/confusing. Gah, it's frustrating not being able to complete the storyline just cos of a stupid game of hide-and-seek :/

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

OT: Goldeneye, Mariokart and Lylat wars. I had more games but these were by far the most played

tehannihalator said:
I feel stupid repeating myself but WHAT IS JET FORCE GEMINI!!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WHAT+IS+JET+FORCE+GEMINI

sry I've been wanting to do that for so long and never had the chance

roman gnome

Feb 1, 2009
If you like Ocarina of time, then definitely Majora's mask... but be aware it requires the memory expansion pack to play. It's the only game I know of that does.

I also enjoyed Star Wars Episode 1 racer and Rogue Squadron and Perfect Dark.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Smash Bros, Star Fox, Extreme G, Pokemon Snap, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Mario Kart 64.

skennedy929

Aug 25, 2010
azngoldfarmr1337 said:
If you like Ocarina of time, then definitely Majora's mask... but be aware it requires the memory expansion pack to play. It's the only game I know of that does.

I also enjoyed Star Wars Episode 1 racer and Rogue Squadron and Perfect Dark.
Perfect Dark also requires the expansion pack for any number of features, but I believe the single player campaign still works without it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
It's also worth mentioning that you should NEVER, for the love of God, EVER play Hey You, Pikachu. God damn what an awful game!
Folio said:
OMG! CLAYFIGHTER 63 1/3! XD That game was so stupid that it was FUN!
Yeah, I know eh? I loved that game!

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
AvsJoe said:
It's also worth mentioning that you should NEVER, for the love of God, EVER play Hey You, Pikachu. God damn what an awful game!
Folio said:
OMG! CLAYFIGHTER 63 1/3! XD That game was so stupid that it was FUN!
Yeah, I know eh? I loved that game!
It never got into Europe. When I read about it in the Official Nintendo Magazine in the 90's, I was hyped. Speaking to your Pokémon? And there's a Bulbasaur? Woah!

But it never got to Europe. |-( Just like a lot of Nintendo products.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
It will be the best console you ever get.

try and get

LoZ Ocarina of time
LoZ Majoras Mask
GoldenEye 007
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Quake 64

Also good

Diddy Kong Racing
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Episode I: Racer

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Don't get Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. They've aged like shit.

Zelda's aged well. Mario 64 hasn't.

Mariokart 64 and Starfox 64 have aged pretty well.

Harvest Moon 64 is really good, too.

And Kirby 64 is solid, if still way too damn easy.

Jet Force Gemini is fantastic, but no sure if it's aged well.
What? Golden eye is still amazing!

Peabob

Apr 11, 2009
Perfect Dark! One of the best multiplayer games ever made and you can't even play online :p

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
tehannihalator said:
Hi escapists!
My uncle is giving his pikachu N64 with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time and pokemon battle stadium.
You need to track down Lylat Wars. There has never been a better rail shooter before or since.

Perfect Dark is also extremely worth it, assuming you don't have the XBLA version already.