I'm Not Alive, Just Dwarf Fortress...

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I went on vacation for a week to Virginia where I only had limited access to a computer.

I don't like Virginia, I think.

Anyways, I know that none of you likely care, so the real reason for this thread, is to suggest a Dwarf Fortress Let's Play.

I made thread about Dwarf Fortress a while ago, before I went on a vacation that is, and some of the folks who commented thought it would be a good idea to have a DF LP.

So I ask you; who wants to do this?!

I like the idea, and if somebody wants to add any rules/ideas etc., then by all means.

I'll make this thread and then go off to eat at a diner, where I will then travel to the faraway land of the local shopping mall to buy a new game. All in favor of doing this say "Aye" in their post. And also post a witty comment detailing how amazing I am [optional].

You may be wondering:

Do I have to be good at DF? No, as long as you have a basic understanding of how to run and start the game, then you should be fine. Sorta.

What is Dwarf Fortress? Have a looksee Here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.223913-Dwarf-Fortress]

Why is Eggsnham so awesome? Because I'm having a good day, dear child. That's why.

Now let's get this proverbial party, proverbially started!

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
That games difficulty curb is ridiculous. Count me out, but I will definitely watch the end of it to hear the summary of all the crazy stuff that happened, that game is apparently epic when it comes to ending, But most end up either with genocide or suicide.

Also, misleading title, you should fix that.

Jul 22, 2009
I haven't even managed to figure out which way is up in that game...

But I'd love to watch one. Maybe I could figure out what's going on.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Furburt said:
I probably will abstain, given how bad I am at the game, but I'm sure my brother Fniff would love to participate. I'll tell him about it.
But being bad at the game is what makes it fun! Trust me, I'm no DF master either.

wrecker77 said:
Also, misleading title, you should fix that.
Sorta yes, sorta no. I'll probably change it anyways though.

Biffy Cakeo

May 24, 2010
I'd do it if I didn't feel my accent would grind a few nerves (And the problem with no mic.) Good luck to anyone who undertakes the challenge.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Biffy Cakeo said:
I'd do it if I didn't feel my accent would grind a few nerves (And the problem with no mic.) Good luck to anyone who undertakes the challenge.
Well we were thinking of doing it in the fashion of Boatmurdered where you just write down significant events that have happened during your turn in a funny way. So anybody can play really.

Nyan Cat

Jun 7, 2009
If I could figure out the basics, I probably would. But that game confuses me to no end. D: