I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
Whiny ass kid. Clean your own fucking bathroom then. If you don't like all your parent's shit, get your own goddamn place and stop wasting bandwidth complaining. It would be interesting to see you when you grow up and have to deal with real life.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
dfphetteplace said:
Whiny ass kid. Clean your own fucking bathroom then. If you don't like all your parent's shit, get your own goddamn place and stop wasting bandwidth complaining. It would be interesting to see you when you grow up and have to deal with real life.
It'd be interesting to see you get off your highhorse and not be a judgmental prick. I already pay for everything, and I'm not judgmental, so I'd say I came out ahead of you.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
In terms of common courtesy, looking at the situation devoid of circumstance and context, yes she was being rude.

In terms of a reality-check, get the fuck over it and get on with your life. People are starving in this world. STARVING.

To be honest though, you can only expect one thing from this kind of post: bile and contempt. What's worse is you have a double-whammy here for insults: you're complaining about something ultimately trivial AND you're complaining about your mom. No matter how hard you try, people are only going to think "whiny child" when they read this. Just saying.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Common courtesy doesn't apply to parents. You know why? Because you're a possession. You're Their child. They had you because they Wanted to Have a child. You're property. I don't like it anymore than you do.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Be glad your mother's cleaning for you, and leave it at that. You won't have that luxury soon. You should be thanking her.

Cleaning for someone is not disrespecting them. Sure, it sucks being woken up, but if you don't have to be anywhere at 9 AM anyway, you know what you should do? Go back to bed, or do something productive. Like, I don't know, clean your bathroom so your mother doesn't have to?

I honestly can't wrap my mind around why you're complaining about this.

philzibit

May 25, 2009
That was pretty nice of her to clean your bathroom. I live with my family still and we have one bathroom for the four of us. I work, go to school, and just have other things that need doing. I'm never at my house to use the thing, yet I still have to clean it, so don't *****.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Look, everybody feels the same way about their parents at some point or another. There are times where everything they do annoys you. Yes, your mother was somewhat discourteous by running your shower at 9 AM. But if she has a routine, let her go through with it. She's most likely not going to change it for you. Just wake up and try to reason with her. If she can't be reasoned with, forget it. Nothing you can do. Go on with your day. Also, I just don't think it was smart to bring this to people on the Internet. I mean, you had to know you were going to get criticized.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Even if it was a mistake on her part to clean your's first, it was still a nice gesture, also you can only really complain when someone wakes you up EARLY rather than 9AM.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Thanks so much for the discussion; I don't think I've laughed as much in weeks as I did reading these 9 pages!

I know nothing about the OP or his family, and feel unqualified to comment on his situation. I wish him the very best, and would like to know if his mother is looking for a boarder, as I would love to live with a person willing to clean rooms I regularly use.

brainfreeze215

Feb 5, 2009
Look, I'm sure I don't know the entirety of your situation here, but you really didn't do well to make yourself sound like the good guy in this situation.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
I'm really annoyed with all the people here who are saying it's the parent's house and so on. What the problem is the ATTITUDE, not the ACTIONS. Just because they are older than us, and happen to be our caretakers doesn't mean they can be annoying pricks who say "Because I said so" "Because I'm the older one" "Because I'm your mother/father." I'm close to my dad's size, and when he's a dick to me, I have no problem telling him to bug off.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
I'm really annoyed with all the people here who are saying it's the parent's house and so on. What the problem is the ATTITUDE, not the ACTIONS. Just because they are older than us, and happen to be our caretakers doesn't mean they can be annoying pricks who say "Because I said so" "Because I'm the older one" "Because I'm your mother/father."
Actually, it does. Sure, there are legal limits to what a parent can do, but the OP's problem barely scratches the surface. It's actually a pretty lame complaint in the whole spectrum of child/parent problems. If his mom wakes him up at 6am to beat him with a baseball bat, then we have some serious issues, but I think a lot of us read this and go, "oh yeah, I remember when I was fourteen." Shit like this happens. That's life. But when someone decides to share the "injustice" with the entire world? Well what does he expect? Even people who agree with him will just play devil's advocate for fun. Because it's the Internet.

InnerRebellion said:
I'm close to my dad's size, and when he's a dick to me, I have no problem telling him to bug off.
Show some respect, you hooligan!

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Which is when my mother said "I will make you bend to my will!" as a reason for my not staying over at a a friends house(I was 17, working, payed rent, etc.) I moved out. because there's a point where you have to realize that a dick is a dick, whatever your blood relations.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
What a sook.

Be glad you have your own bathroom.

dfphetteplace said:
Also this.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
FinalHeart95 said:
I understand where you're coming from, but if you're really so tired you could always go to sleep again afterwards. Besides, at least she's doing work you don't have to do.

That response does annoy the hell out of me though. It's more of an "I'm older so I'm always right and you're always wrong" attitude though. I get that there is a higher chance that they're right, but you don't just write off my argument because I'm your kid.
Usually the "older" argument when parents are concerned is the tactful response instead of:

"MY HOUSE...MY DEBT...MY PAYMENTS...MY RULES YOU LITTLE $#!^ ;)

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
yea, a vacuum in my face an 9am would piss me off too, hell, it would piss me of at 9am if i was awake

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
You should be grateful that your mother cleans your bathroom for you. That's true enough. But I can see why you'd be miffed that that's her answer. Hell I'd prefer a "because 9am is a perfectly reasonable time to get your ass out of bed" kind of explanation. At least I could sympathise with her reasoning then. It'd seem a lot less like doing it to be purposefully annoying and a lot more like she's got a reasonable point, at least as far as she's concerned.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
Let me start off by saying whenever you are dealing with people, a little fucking common courtesy is needed. Until said person proves he/she doesn't deserve respect, you should give them a little at the very least. This applies to everyone.

Now onto my story. My mother decides she should clean my bathroom and shower at 9 am this morning. This 9 am on a Saturday no less. During which she woke me up due to running the shower at full blast along with the tub/sink at random intervals. We have 3 bathrooms. Of which, mine is the ONLY one connected to my room and the one she decides she needs to "clean" first. All 3 bathrooms require cleaning, but despite knowing she has done this before, she does it again and cleans mine first.

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was "Who the fuck is in my shower at 9 am, and why is someone in my shower period". I open the door and thank my mother for waking me up and she gives me her typical "I can do whatever the hell I want because It's my house and I'm your mother". In addition, her tone was that 'how dare I question her'. Yes, no shit you can do whatever you want.

Common fucking courtesy it's called. Just because your my parent doesn't mean you should disrespect me, and anytime she does anything she knows annoys me, she pulls out this card. "I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT." Yeah, I'm glad your busy proving that to yourself by annoying your children. Just because you can doesn't mean you should as the saying goes.

Running the shower and such wasn't even all the problem, she also decided to vacuum as well. There is literally no reason for her to have done any of this while I was sleeping. None of my other family was asleep and she could have easily cleaned their's first and I would have been awake by the time she got around.

I'm a bit tired and fucking pissed, /rantoff.

Edit: @Everyone. Stop assuming I do no work and I'm a lazy "teenager". You have no idea if I pay rent to stay over here or how much work I actually do, This whole issue is about common courtesy, not how much work I do or do not do.
You're a selfish fucking brat is all I read. You have your own bathroom? You're fucking rich mate. You're complaining that someone is cleaning your bathroom? Are you serious? 9AM is not early, how about getting to bed at a normal time like before 4AM?

Ungrateful ****. But! You should be grateful, she could've had an abortion and said "Oh fine you don't want me to help you, you can un-abort yourself".

Seriously people, I don't want to use the brain bleach.