I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Legion said:
I love how everyone is on their high horses about this one when they are probably the same.

While I agree with other posters that 9am is hardly an early start (I have to get up at 3:30am every morning for work) and her cleaning your stuff isn't anything bad, I also understand that your point wasn't that she did those things but the reasoning and logic behind them.

She could have very easily knocked on your door to ask you to get up as she would like to clean your room (although personally I'd just keep it clean so she doesn't).

So yes, she was being rude, but there is nothing you can do about it and she has "every right" to as well, so I suggest you just accept it or do what I said before and just make sure it's clean enough. That way she doesn't feel the need to do it herself.
Well I never.

When Legion gives you your most sympathetic post so far, you know something has gone wrong.
I think I remember The_root_of_all_evil saying something similar, I am somewhat concerned about what my reputation on this site is now.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well on the case of the story sounds like she probably just wanted to get you out of bed.

I dunno, considering the fact that 80% of the escapist are teens or young adults still living with their parents the responses could be a bit one sided. You take this to one of those...*shudder* parenting forums and it would probably be one sided but on the flipside of the argument.

Though my opinion on the matter at hand, I've been brought up to do what I'm told

and I largely sympathize with my folks as I've got a sister who becomes as violent and obscene as satan playing IWBTG at the drop of a hat. So in my honest opinion yes, parents do have to have a bit of respect i.e not waking their kid up early on a saturday after a long, shitty week at school or looking up their internet history or whatever. But in return they deserve a bit of respect too, I've heard in the past that motherhood is the toughest job on earth so surely you can forgive your mum for occasionally cleaning the bathroom at 9 am on a Saturday. I mean it's not like you grew up with Mrs Beech so surely anyone who's spent hours wiping up your blood, puke, tears, poo and messes (normally off their posessions) deserves some credit.

Still, you have your own bathroom? Like, noone else can use it? And it has a shower? Crikey, what I wouldn't give to be king of my own shitter room.

seaotter

Dec 25, 2008
>Has his own shower and bathroom.
>Complaining about anything.
What the hell, dude, seriously.

Captain Booyah

Apr 19, 2010
I like how you're complaining about lack of 'common courtesy' when your mother had the courtesy to clean your bathroom for you in the first place. Whether she woke you up or not -- and at 9AM, which is hardly an unreasonable time; if you said 3AM, then I would at least have a degree of sympathy -- she's still cleaning up after you. Whatever other chores you do do are irrelevant (especially because you have your own bathroom and somebody else is cleaning it for you). So yes, no offense, but you do come across as an immature, whiny kid in your post, whether that impression is incorrect or not.

Also, I have to question just how you told her 'thanks for waking me up', in order to provoke that reaction from her. Even if that reaction was rude and unwarranted -- get over it. You have a house, and clothes, and food, unlike millions of other people. I can't believe somebody could get angry over something so damn inconsequential (other than 'OH NOEZ I CAN'T GET BACK TO SLEEP BAAAW') when there are children starving to death, or somebody's house getting burnt down, or that somebody, at this very moment in time, is being battered by their partner. Seriously, grow up.

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
Jesus H. Christ, some people need to get off their friggin' high horses.
For one thing, the guy didn't once imply that he was sleeping in at 9AM because he's lazy, for all you know he could have been up working late the night before.
And if you're all saying you would n't be annoyed if you were woken up in as rude a manner as he was, you're all either stupid, or lying.
Also, all of this bullshit about saying he should be thanking his mother for cleaning his bathroom for him is ridiculous. If she did it while he was awake and not doing something that was productive or, oh, I don't know, a biological necessity like sleeping, then yes, he should thank her. But if she woke him up while doing so in the full knowledge that the job could have been put off for a few hours, only to have a go at him after waking him up, why the fuck should he have to thank her? The woman was being an egotistical witch, and shouldn't be shown common courtesy when she herself forewent doing so herself.

seaotter

Dec 25, 2008
>And if you're all saying you would n't be annoyed if you were woken up in as rude a manner as he was, you're all either stupid, or lying.
I wouldn't be annoyed, because I would really like to have my own bathroom with some else cleaning it. At 9AM. At 3AM. I don't care.

>The woman was being an egotistical witch
Uh huh.

seaotter

Dec 25, 2008
stinkychops said:
rsvp42 said:
In terms of a reality-check, get the fuck over it and get on with your life. People are starving in this world. STARVING.
STARVING PEOPLE! DROP EVERYTHING!

LET ME CALL EVERYONE IN THE MODERN WORLD....

"Everyone, I know you're all busy people with issues of your own but somewhere-somehow an undisclosed, nameless person is starving! All of your issues pale in comparison. By common sense decree, we must drop all progression, all complaints and all unhappiness until every person is better off then we are. Thankyou, and may god help those people somewhere over there in that direction".
No one thinks you should drop what you are doing, we just want you to stop complaining. OP is privileged. Nobody wants him to stop what he is doing and help poor people, but we do want him to realize how well off he is.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
A lot of you seem be missing the point. She could have just cleaned the other two she was already going to, before mine, and not woken me up. Why would you do this, when you could easily avoid the whole issue?

Option 1: Clean his bathroom, and then the other 2, waking him up
Option 2: Clean the other 2, then his, not waking him up

Why would you choose 1?
Or, option 3: You clean that bathroom yourself since it's prone to waking you up. Courtesy. Remember how that works? Everyone thinks they're high and mighty around the house until they have their own kid and realize what selfish pricks they were.

Kailat777 said:
On a related note, you can easily figure out the age of a person by the comments they leave here.
Hilarious.

Also, true.

aithilin

Jul 4, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
A lot of you seem be missing the point. She could have just cleaned the other two she was already going to, before mine, and not woken me up. Why would you do this, when you could easily avoid the whole issue?

Option 1: Clean his bathroom, and then the other 2, waking him up
Option 2: Clean the other 2, then his, not waking him up

Why would you choose 1?
Why not clean it to her satisfaction once a week and have her not come in at all to do the job you could be doing?

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Just clean your bathroom so she doesnt have to, you're kinda lazy. Also, there was really no need to put this here and waste my time reading this teenage drama-about-nothing diary.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
RathWolf said:
A shower running wakes you up? Geez, you must be a really light sleeper.
yeah buy some damn ear plugs or lock you door, if she has a key, buy a new lock. Your problem seems easily fixed but i know where your coming from. Hmmm well she is right it her house and she can do whatever in it, that why you need to booby trap your damn bathroom.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I think "I can do whatever I want in my house" is probably the most common attitude that leads to child abuse. But that's just a theory...

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
MelziGurl said:
Tdc2182 said:
Regardless of who paid for the Xbox, to play it is still a privilege and privileges can be taken away. Though, if the teacher failed your entire class out of spite then it was unnecessary.

How different it is these days...if I had to said or done something to my mother like that it, it would have ended in tragedy.
Umm, no. If he paid for it, it's not a privilege, it's a right.

At least, that's what I believe.

In any case, I've just read all 10 pages of this thread, and the only thing it amounts to is:

"HURR DURR I HAZ A WURS LYF THAN U BAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

This thread should be locked, and half the people ITT need to be suspended/banned. Seriously.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
stinkychops said:
rsvp42 said:
In terms of a reality-check, get the fuck over it and get on with your life. People are starving in this world. STARVING.
STARVING PEOPLE! DROP EVERYTHING!

LET ME CALL EVERYONE IN THE MODERN WORLD....

"Everyone, I know you're all busy people with issues of your own but somewhere-somehow an undisclosed, nameless person is starving! All of your issues pale in comparison. By common sense decree, we must drop all progression, all complaints and all unhappiness until every person is better off then we are. Thankyou, and may god help those people somewhere over there in that direction".
Now you're getting it!

No, but seriously, I said that in jest. The point being, his "problem" pales in comparison to most other things. What's worse is that he felt the need to seek out support on the Internet. What's next, a "my mom makes me eat veggies" thread or an "I shouldn't have to clean my room" post? Gimme a break. If you want to vent, vent to your friends and let them pretend to give a damn.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Legion said:
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Legion said:
I love how everyone is on their high horses about this one when they are probably the same.

While I agree with other posters that 9am is hardly an early start (I have to get up at 3:30am every morning for work) and her cleaning your stuff isn't anything bad, I also understand that your point wasn't that she did those things but the reasoning and logic behind them.

She could have very easily knocked on your door to ask you to get up as she would like to clean your room (although personally I'd just keep it clean so she doesn't).

So yes, she was being rude, but there is nothing you can do about it and she has "every right" to as well, so I suggest you just accept it or do what I said before and just make sure it's clean enough. That way she doesn't feel the need to do it herself.
Well I never.

When Legion gives you your most sympathetic post so far, you know something has gone wrong.
I think I remember The_root_of_all_evil saying something similar, I am somewhat concerned about what my reputation on this site is now.
I believe you have a reputation as the awesome hard-ass, not exactly a bad thing.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Kavachi said:
Just clean your bathroom so she doesnt have to, you're kinda lazy. Also, there was really no need to put this here and waste my time reading this teenage drama-about-nothing diary.
Sorry, but this made me chuckle, you're complaining about someone wasting your time, on an internet, gaming, forum! what the fuck did you come here to do? Were you expecting some magical epiphany on the nature of the universe? No such luck friend.