Imagine opening night for MLP the movie

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
shadyh8er said:
Chefodeath said:
Just imagine it...
Can I not and just say I did?

OT: Good lord. There would be glitter EVERYWHERE! Glitter is the herpes of the craft world; it does not come off!
Hah, so true! My mom works at Michaels, and almost every day she comes back with some glitter on her. IT NEVER COMES OFF!

As for the original topic, the movie would very likely be a TV or direct-to-DVD release.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
lunncal said:
Yeah, it's not like there's any such thing as a massive brony convention in New York or anything, and there certainly hasn't been many, many smaller conventions all across the globe...
Color me blissfully ignorant than.
I'm still keeping my artillery on hand.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Aidinthel said:
BoredDragon said:
We were doing really well about not feeding the parasprites, and then you went and fed them all at the same time. Maybe not the best idea...
I wasn't trying to feed them, I'm trying to make fun of the concept of what they are doing. Trying to troll a group who constantly pushes love and tolerance seems frivolous and the fact that they are trying to that is funny to me. So I laugh at them, rather than get offended, to show them that their tactic has failed and to attempt to do so in the future would just conjure the same result. This causes their attempt at trolling to backfire and in turn discourage them from further meddling in our affairs.

In short: giggle at the ghosties :D

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'd say I'd like to see it... but with all the crazy Bronies around it'd be kinda awkward. Fucking crazy fanboys, ruining things for everybody...

seraphy

Jan 2, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
There will be cosplay, and they will be awesome.
Will you be team Rainbow Dash or Team Twilight?
Team Twilight! Definitely.

I don't know if I would actually go watch it, I fear full movie might be disappointing. Even with Twilight in it. Although if Trixie was in it too...

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Keepeas said:
Macgyvercas said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Screw that, I'm on Team Fluttershy!
zama174 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
FLUTTERSHY IS THE ONLY RIGHT ANSWER!

OT: It would be awesome, and I would probably be to embarrassed to go see it unless I could take my little cousins to go see it..
You got that right!
Fluttershy is the only way to go! =)

OT: I'd go, but I'd definitely be embarrassed....I'd have to bring my sister.
Silly. You go to that movie theatre, and shove the money in the teller's face, and you demand a ticket to My Little Pony LIKE A MAN!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Oh, I know what I would be doing that night: Complaining about how MLPTM has caused The Muppet Movie III (Or IV) from being number 1 at the box office... Then I would go see the Muppet Movie III.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Keepeas said:
Macgyvercas said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Screw that, I'm on Team Fluttershy!
zama174 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
FLUTTERSHY IS THE ONLY RIGHT ANSWER!

OT: It would be awesome, and I would probably be to embarrassed to go see it unless I could take my little cousins to go see it..
You got that right!
Fluttershy is the only way to go! =)

OT: I'd go, but I'd definitely be embarrassed....I'd have to bring my sister.
Silly. You go to that movie theatre, and shove the money in the teller's face, and you demand a ticket to My Little Pony LIKE A MAN!
You know what, YEAH you're right!
I'd march right up and say:
"I'd like a ticket to see the MLP movie!"
-"Sir, are you sur-"
"oh...and a ticket for my sister...she's kind of a brony too..."

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Chefodeath said:
So I've already marked it down in my mental calender that when the creators of my little pony eventually make a movie out of the franchise to be there on opening night. Its not so much that I want to see the show as much as it is I want to see the audience. This, I imagine, will be the first time the show's two core demographics will mix; male counter-culture 20 somethings and 8 year old girls.

Just imagine it. Its a crisp Friday late summer night and the crowds are lining up outside your local movie theater. Theres a big poster hanging over the arch of the title ponies in a shiny movie render (also it will be in 3-D though no one understands why) Little Suzy and all her friends are super excited to see the pony movie. Little Suzy's father s busy suspiciously eyeing the grown men in Guy Fawkes masks and Rainbow Dash cosplay. He will be seriously disturbed and wonder what exactly it is his daughters watching.

Also Westboro Baptist Church will be there protesting.
It would be similar to a Twilight movie premiere, really. Except with males.

Any TV executive that thinks MLP has hit its target demographic of 7-12 year olds has no grip on reality.

1mike1000

Jun 18, 2011
Well, damn. Ponies. Coming from an avid brony, don't post post ponies here. No one wins.

thelittleman66

Nov 15, 2011
I wouldn't watch the movie, but it'll be likely that I'll see some brief segment on the local news about how much we should support the bronies for their "out of the box fascination" with maybe a 5 second clip of some parent expressing his or her creeped-outness. Then I would laugh and eat some more chicken.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
HerbertTheHamster said:
Have you seen the pictures of MLP gatherings?

fedoras and neckbears, fedoras and neckbeards everywhere
Moving quickly past the fairly obvious point that the pictures distributed outside the fandom would be the ones people found most amusing, what exactly is wrong with fedoras? I wear a fedora, and I've gotten nothing but compliments. Random strangers have literally stopped me on the street to tell me how awesome my hat is.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Some people (myself probably included) will be driving by laughing and yelling "(insert choice insult here" at any guy over the age of 12 going to see this movie.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
xplosive59 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Plus, it seems to be an American fixation, there's no mention of MLP anywhere in the UK.
I heard they where going to show it on some channel no one ever watches. so yeah, what you said it proberly wouldnt turn up here.
Its on a channel called Boomerang in the UK and its on at 3:00pm weekdays (I think) and not shown at weekends, trouble is with that is that many kids dont come home until around 3:30 so it doesnt give them a chance to watch it. Also Boomerang is mainly for old Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo re-runs. Its owned by Cartoon Network though for whatever thats worth.
Mon que? Why is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on Boomerang? Boomerang is for...really, REALLY old stuff. Like Space Ghost and Dune Buggy.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I would guess they would all be sitting in their home downloading it to watch alone.
Yeah... pretty much this. As active as Bronies are on the net, I really doubt too many would be brave enough to go to the actual theater to watch the movie.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
xplosive59 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Plus, it seems to be an American fixation, there's no mention of MLP anywhere in the UK.
I heard they where going to show it on some channel no one ever watches. so yeah, what you said it proberly wouldnt turn up here.
Its on a channel called Boomerang in the UK and its on at 3:00pm weekdays (I think) and not shown at weekends, trouble is with that is that many kids dont come home until around 3:30 so it doesnt give them a chance to watch it. Also Boomerang is mainly for old Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo re-runs. Its owned by Cartoon Network though for whatever thats worth.
Mon que? Why is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on Boomerang? Boomerang is for...really, REALLY old stuff. Like Space Ghost and Dune Buggy.
I think its due to the target audience as well as Boomerang also shows some shows for younger kids while Cartoon Network shows are mainly for the 8-12 year olds.