Immortality, with a price...

bulldogftw

Jan 4, 2011
I would become a assassin i mean it could be fun and if i fuck up
and people start attacking me they won't kill me.

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
I've yet to understand the possibility of being bored while immortal. New things are always coming out. Especially since it's not "No dying of old age" it's outright "You cannot die. Ever. Period." I'm a freaking demigod, I'm gonna go jump off that cliff because I CAN.

After that, WORLD DOMINATION PEACE!

Naleh

May 25, 2010
Sweet. I wouldn't want to die until some time after humanity goes extinct anyway.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
For that, I'd just wait until the sun goes supernova and die along with the rest of what's left of humanity.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
There was a character on a cartoon once who was immortal, went insane, got bored of that and went sane, VERY sane.

I'd kinda like to be immortal to reach that point of being so bored with insanity that you go too far the other way.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Shockolate said:
Third option: Become a super hero and fight crime!
Fourth option: Go into space and fly into the next star you find that isn't our sun.

That would tingle a bit.

Annulus

Feb 17, 2010
Autofaux said:
Imagine, you were born immortal, unable to age past the end of puberty. A divine fuck up of royal magnitude. You couldn't be killed, couldn't age. Sure, that's fine for a while, but I've read enough books and watched enough movies to know that immortality gets boring after a while, and in the end, mortality gets us all.

However, there is a massive price if you want to be able to die. Every single sentient being on the planet would have to die first.

Sure, it would be fun tearing through a few murderers, tyrants, rapists, paedophiles and so forth, but in the end you have to start killing innocents.. like children, and newborns.

At the end of the road, would you give up your humanity in order to die? Or would you live forever to keep it, when in the end you'd probably go insane from boredom..

Or, would you find a way to do it without, you know, knifing everyone, shooting and nuking everyone. If anyone has seen Children of Men, I'd find a way to make that happen instead.

Discuss!
>Implying you wouldn't be captured and dropped into a steel reinforced concrete cast and buried at a fault line.

acolyte

Nov 20, 2010
Why would i get bored of immortality? I'M IMMORTAL!!!I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO WHATEVER STUFF I WANT!...i don't get this stupid cliche..."oh you are immortal...your gonna wish you'll be dead in a few years..." If i was immortal i would take my time and do whatever i find myself wanting to do...cuz...its not like i'm in a hurry or anything...

HandsomeZer0

Dec 6, 2010
If you couldn't age after puberty i'd probably become immortal.
It would be interesting to see how far technology would go, seeing how far humanity evolves till whatever calamity destroys us.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
I'd learnt every language I wanted to. And learn various random skills. Then spend the next 50 years mastering them. With any luck, by the time I become bored, humanity would have destroyed itself.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I'd probably get bored and start killing people anyway. I wouldn't want immortality, long life sure, but not immortality. Losing everyone I love would take its toll on me and I'd go insane.

Wuta

Nov 9, 2010
I don't see why going insane is looked at as a negative. If i was immortal i would never get bored there is always some new thing to learn and new things are always being created for me to tinker with.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Wuta said:
I don't see why going insane is looked at as a negative. If i was immortal i would never get bored there is always some new thing to learn and new things are always being created for me to tinker with.
The longer you live, the faster your perception of time goes. By the time you hit about 1000 years, you wouldn't be able to perceive anything except a blur.

Before that happened, I'd manipulate a few things, force nuclear annihilation, because that's the easy way to do things.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Oh, that's hard, good question.

I mean I'd think that the human race would repopulate too fast for me to kill them all. Unless I somehow was able to nuke like every city in the World at once, or something ridiculous.

But I would like to say I would choose immortality. I would try to not kill as long as I could.

Maybe become an awesome Superhero or something.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
I'd stick with being immortal. Having unlimited time means that I could gain superior knowledge, maybe meet other species from other planets, maybe help our world with my unlimited knowledge. Of course for the first few centuries I'd just have fun killing criminals, winning bets by betting I don't die from droping off a scyscrapper etc... Yeah I believe I'd be immortal. Just think of the next-next-next-gen games I could keep on playing!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Eh, assuming drugs still work you could still just knock your own ass out for a few centuries if you got really bored. Otherwise party time! Hard drinkin', lady bangin', extreme sportin' insanity awaits! Oh and booklearnin', third-world-orphan helpin', child-raisin', lawn-mowin'.

It's not like death is any more fun. Or...anything at all.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Strange catch, though cause I'd be dead I wouldn't care if everyone died. That would mean I'd be immortal and have the planet at my mercy.

Awesome!

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Well by the time I get bored of immortaility there will probably have been some massive nuclear war so there will only be like me and 20 other people on the planet, plus i'll be dead so it's not like they have anyone to try and get revenge for them dying.

I've never understood the whole "losing everyone you love" thing against immortality, most people you really love die as you get older anyway and you'd deal with it the same way if you're mortal or immortal.