Immortal's Club - A Role-play to Die For...(Looking for new players)

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Stay safe, IronRuler, our best wishes go with you.

JoJo said:
A question from a fellow player, what time period is your character from? You mention Stonehenge but I'm not sure if you mean she attended the building of that monument, or that she just visited it once it was already constructed.
Oops, upon reflection I never did make clear in which time period the sheet was based. Admittedly, I wasn't 100% sure myself: I was working with the idea that it was close to when paganism was starting to really get torn down by the Romans, so would be somewhere around 380 AD, and because people's best guess for when Stonehenge was definitely built is somewhere in the BC area (though even that is debatable), I was working with the idea that Stonehenge was likely already built by the point she arrives there with the mirror initially (which admittedly was rushed over when I was describing it).

So all in all, I've kind of screwed up the actual timing of the sheet because I was worried about getting it wrong; I'll go back over it to try and clarify the exact timings of it. Thanks for pointing that out, that would have REALLY screwed with things.

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
I hope you stay safe ironruler.

I kinda have a sheet in the making. It's taken me a while because iv been blocked. It's affected more than just writing sheets.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Stay safe iron, hope you make it back soon.

In the meantime, maybe us players can put together a neat little timeline of our characters for Iron. I'm not sure Iron has in plan but I'm sure that all our characters won't be together during the time of Alexander the Great or the rise of the Roman Empire. And maybe we can also add when and how our character migrated from one place to another to the most recent plot point in our character's history.

For example my character Ali:
Born and immortalized during Warring states period in China-> migrated to Japan using fishing boat around 1000 C.E-> Lived in Japan until 1600's->migrated to Europe using Dutch trading boat->Lived in Napoleonic era Netherlands

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:

In the meantime, maybe us players can put together a neat little timeline of our characters for Iron. I'm not sure Iron has in plan but I'm sure that all our characters won't be together during the time of Alexander the Great or the rise of the Roman Empire. And maybe we can also add when and how our character migrated from one place to another to the most recent plot point in our character's history.

Born and immortalized during Warring states period in China-> migrated to Japan using fishing boat around 1000 B.C.E-> Lived in Japan until 1600's->migrated to Europe using Dutch trading boat->Lived in Napoleonic era Netherlands
Yea, that sounds a like a pretty good idea to me, since the added thought to the character (and more importantly, what they've done and seen) will help to flesh them out, as well as make sense from a game play point of view; a good proactive idea. d^_^b

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:

Born and immortalized during Warring states period in China-> migrated to Japan using fishing boat around 1000 B.C.E-> Lived in Japan until 1600's->migrated to Europe using Dutch trading boat->Lived in Napoleonic era Netherlands
I don't know, wouldn't this have potential to get in the way of the storyline? For example, our first story is supposed to be around the immortalisation of the newest character, which from the submissions we've had so far is most likely to be around the end of the 4th century AD. That'd be impossible to write together if our characters are spread half-way across the globe at that time. I'd be up for setting out my character's movements in very broad strokes but with enough wiggle room to adjust for wherever the story leads us.

A small note on your timeline, do you mean 1000 CE when she moved to Japan? The Warring States period was around 400 to 200 BC, so it doesn't make sense for her to have moved six centuries before she was born.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
JoJo said:
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:

I don't know, wouldn't this have potential to get in the way of the storyline? For example, our first story is supposed to be around the immortalisation of the newest character, which from the submissions we've had so far is most likely to be around the end of the 4th century AD. That'd be impossible to write together if our characters are spread half-way across the globe at that time. I'd be up for setting out my character's movements in very broad strokes but with enough wiggle room to adjust for wherever the story leads us.

A small note on your timeline, do you mean 1000 CE when she moved to Japan? The Warring States period was around 400 to 200 BC, so it doesn't make sense for her to have moved six centuries before she was born.
Whoops yeah I got my eras mixed up. Looking at the sheets again, that seems to be the case unless someone submits a sheet with later plot points. I suppose we map out our character's movements then like you said. What I had in mind was that we set up timelines do our characters and see if any of ours overlap. A number of the sheets here are set in Europe from what I've seen.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:
JoJo said:
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:

Whoops yeah I got my eras mixed up. Looking at the sheets again, that seems to be the case unless someone submits a sheet with later plot points. I suppose we map out our character's movements then like you said. What I had in mind was that we set up timelines do our characters and see if any of ours overlap. A number of the sheets here are set in Europe from what I've seen.
Ah yes, the ancient Middle East seems popular too. Mine and the Owl woman are both British, so they'd probably be aware of each other to some extent.

As for Cadeyrn's timeline, he was immortalised and arrived back in our world in the mid 30's AD, just a few years before the Roman invasion of Britain. Difficult to say when he was originally born, as time works differently in the fair folk's land. He saw the conquest of his tribe, the Durotriges, by the Romans, learned Latin from them and hitched a lift back to Rome a few times to enjoy the sights there over the years of the Empire. Around 600 AD or so, his tribe was conquered entirely by the Saxons and annexed into Wessex, ending it's existence as a separate entity, much to Cadeyrn's disappointment. Most of the time after that he'd be hanging around in the British Isles, occasionally travelling to Southern Europe when he felt like he needed a change of pace and some good weather and food for once. He also took a few long trips around Asia prior to the Renaissance, being by nature a traveller and one searching for new experiences. Once you get to the age of exploration, he'd be all over the world, too many trips to describe in one post. I expect he'd love getting to explore the Americas and Oceania.

I hope that makes sense, it's difficult to summarise 2000 years in one post :p

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Good luck and stay safe.

Below news:

Well if it's consolation, at least nothing happened. Being a soldier must be tough.

EDIT: All I know is that my character is old and that he probably sought out the cold and dark areas of the world.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I hate the army. The last weekend was the hottest in Israel for the past five years, and I spent it with my comrades wearing full combat gear perched on our backs like topsided turtles gasping for cool air and begging for water. God damn it. A total waste of my time. At least if there were somebody to shoot back at, but nothing. Eh. Life goes on.

About that starting date, I seriously leaned on our Clockwork character, since he was the earlier one in the game. That said, I am forced to place this in the modern era, and at least at the 20th century, because otherwise it would have been very hard to assemble you from all corners of the globe with fucking smoke-signals. With that in mind, either we skip the idea for a character introduction or I'll use an NPC for that event. I'm still waiting on Not G. Ivingname.... who had been quiet all of a sudden... Wake up! We need you.

Oh, thanks for caring, I'm well and safe. Can't say the same to the other blokes, though.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
TheIronRuler said:
I hate the army. The last weekend was the hottest in Israel for the past five years, and I spent it with my comrades wearing full combat gear perched on our backs like topsided turtles gasping for cool air and begging for water. God damn it. A total waste of my time. At least if there were somebody to shoot back at, but nothing. Eh. Life goes on.

About that starting date, I seriously leaned on our Clockwork character, since he was the earlier one in the game. That said, I am forced to place this in the modern era, and at least at the 20th century, because otherwise it would have been very hard to assemble you from all corners of the globe with fucking smoke-signals. With that in mind, either we skip the idea for a character introduction or I'll use an NPC for that event. I'm still waiting on Not G. Ivingname.... who had been quiet all of a sudden... Wake up! We need you.

Oh, thanks for caring, I'm well and safe. Can't say the same to the other blokes, though.
Not G. Ivingname withdrew his submission [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.852754-Immortals-Club-A-Role-play-to-Die-For#21112185] I'm afraid. so if we're going with a 20th century introduction, looks like it'll have to be an NPC. Not a bad thing though, at-least you'll have a character to control. Either that or we find a contrived reason for our characters to all be in the same place in the 4th century :p

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
JoJo said:
TheIronRuler said:

Not G. Ivingname withdrew his submission [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.852754-Immortals-Club-A-Role-play-to-Die-For#21112185] I'm afraid. so if we're going with a 20th century introduction, looks like it'll have to be an NPC. Not a bad thing though, at-least you'll have a character to control. Either that or we find a contrived reason for our characters to all be in the same place in the 4th century :p
I have his permission to use the concept for the character, so we'll be doing this introduction Arc somewhere in the 50s. I'll be introducing a host of NPCs as well.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Ok, Here goes!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.853996-Immortals-Club-Game-Thread-Arc-One-Welcome-Party-Started-Open#21136137

This is the game thread. I ask all players to add me in their skype account so we could talk about the game OOC more easily.

Accepted Chars:
JoJo said:
Baddamobs said:
drmigit2 said:
PlastikThief said:
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:
Frission said:
...and since you asked, yes, this is pretty much everyone. It's just enough players to take off, and I have faith in you we'll run this to the end.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
TheIronRuler said:
Ok, Here goes!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.853996-Immortals-Club-Game-Thread-Arc-One-Welcome-Party-Started-Open#21136137

This is the game thread. I ask all players to add me in their skype account so we could talk about the game OOC more easily.
Added. Is there to be some sort of OOC group, Skype or Escapist?

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Excellent: not only is this great idea going to see fruition, but I'm also glad to hear things went...well, about as good as it can be, knowing the line of work.
I'll sign up to the Skype as soon as I'm able, and will have the first game post up by tomorrow at the very latest. Happy gaming y'all!

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
booksv2 said:
I hope you stay safe ironruler.

I kinda have a sheet in the making. It's taken me a while because iv been blocked. It's affected more than just writing sheets.
If you're still interested it's not closed. You can submit a sheet.

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Name: Jack Shadow. Taken as his name a few century's ago, his original lost to time.
Appearance: Tall thin man in a faded blue pinstripe suit his face has the look of someone just moving through their middle years to their older ones. White hairs pepper his originally brown hair and his face is brown and leathery from the affects of an older sun. From his worn leather shoes up to his faded but obviously well made suit to the hat and cane he uses everything is old but made with superior quality and care.
Personality: Originally he was a hot headed youth and man, given to holding grudges and using his might on anyone that crossed him. This was before he found his immortality, and since he has mellowed out. Willing to let things lie to a point he still has a temper and will defend himself or defend someone else if it happens in front of him.

Unique Immortality:
Necromantic ritual.
In the early years of the millennium a group of necromancers got together trying to bring about the end of he world, in which they used a sacrifice to make themselves immortal before hand so they would survive. To do so they kidnapped a person of middle standing from his home and were going to use him in their first ceremony to make them immortal so they could move on to the next step. But they had written the runes and done the spells backwards, the original having been copied by a novice and several things had been reversed. When the ritual had gone off instead of him being killed to fuel them they were all killed to fuel his immortality. Lying in the middle of a grand circle tied up with almost 20 dead around him it took a while for him to finally get out. When he finally did and got out he went home and tried to forget about it. Only to find that as the years went by and his wife and children aged he did not.

Disposition:
Having to watch his family age and die while he did not and then having to run when those around him saw he was not aging and called the royals about it he spent years traveling from place to place not able to stay very long and slowly wondering if he was alone. When he was found by another immortal and taken into their club he was at first unsure. He slowly got used to not being the only immortal and the fact he was himself. He loves seeing new things and learning some tidbit about whereever he travels, disliking to stay around in one place and let those around see that he never ages.

Plot Points:
Fled England when the black death killed a third of its population.
Watched Elizabeth the first's crowning.
Listened to Beethoven's 9th at its first showing.

and here is my sheet.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
The roleplay is still open and I'm actively looking for players to join our game. Considering the nature of the game and characters, it's okay if you haven't been around in the previous adventures and shenanigans. You had more important stuff to do.

I call the attention of all interested escapists to post their inrerest and sign up. We're accepting characters for the current arc which had just begun, set in the cold war era divided Berlin. We're going east from there...

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Current player here: just here to remind everyone we're pretty open for character ideas. I mean, we've currently got an ex-bird, a fae, and a character which is hinted at to be a kind of fallen god. And they're the normal ones...

Basically, don't be afraid to suggest kind of 'out there' characters. Chances are, we'll have heard weirder (for example, the rather infamous but unfortunately rejected talking deer...).