Imperial Guard

KING BOB 2896

Sep 13, 2008
I rolled:
99 - An Inquisitor take you as his Acolyte.
48 - You are trained with a Lasgun and Frag Grenades, and given Flak Armor.
100 - An Inquisitor has decided to send you to a Shrine World to become a "comfort" to the Sisters of Battle.
18 - You are trained to operate a Vox Castor.
61 - Valkyrie Pilot

I think I rolled pritty well other than 48.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
opiwankenobi said:
EquinoxETO said:
id find a space marine to hide behind
or somehow become a grey knight
they are coooooool
Side effects of becoming a grey knight (which, above the age of ten is impossible anyway) are loosing all memories of your past, your identity, most of your free will and in short beeing a human maschine. On the other hand, you ll be safe from chaos taint! Sounds like a good deal, aye? ;p

Anyway, in the guard, I will propably be dead, as soon as i ll leave the chimera. I mean, you are dead anyway.
Frontline grunt: dead.
Artillery: Primery target for EVERY OTHER artillery on the map, including flyers: dead
Tank driver: dead, horribly burned alive.
Sentinel Pilot: "Hey lets shoot the big walker with the cardboard armour!" dead.
Valkyrie Pilot: "Hey whats that flying there? Rocket lunchers, fire" dead.

Not my job of choice.
also you get a double barelled gun strapped to your arm. the books were a bit disappointing though. i dont get that in IG books, space marines can take a hit off a death start and still rip your nadgers off, but in SM books they wear cardboard. ?????

unlucky mate
although the leman russ can take a pummelling before going down, annoying bloody things to fight

opiwankenobi

Oct 10, 2008
EquinoxETO said:
also you get a double barelled gun strapped to your arm. the books were a bit disappointing though. i dont get that in IG books, space marines can take a hit off a death start and still rip your nadgers off, but in SM books they wear cardboard. ?????

unlucky mate
although the leman russ can take a pummelling before going down, annoying bloody things to fight
Yes, the grey knight novels were a bit lacking. But to be honest, it's hard to make a grey knight likeable. I mean, they even got less emotions then a normal space marine. Getting a view inside of his head would be as interessting as as watching a computer.

The leman russ may take a bit of damage, but because of that, alomst everyone on the map concentrates their fire on them -.-
I mean, i don't play guard. I haven't even played the tabletop for a long time, but i remember the tanks being the primary focus of fire.
"Watch my devastators turning your tank into a switzer cheese with lascannons!"

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
PurpleRain said:
linchowlewy said:
PurpleRain said:
linchowlewy said:
Try to be posted on a feral planet, get myself lost in the jungle and try to live out a life there.
Feral planet turns out to be Catachan and you get eaten by an ant.

Me? I'd shoot my commander mid battle and leg it back to the ships we'd land in, claiming to be wounded and helpless. They take me to the medical bay, the ship retreats after a wasteful loss. Repeat every battle until I get too old and can retire. Wait, can they retire?
i'd survive longer than i would in battle. also i'm less afraid of the ant than i am of the mosquitos. filthy creatures they are
Really? Catachan. *Ahem*
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Catachan
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Catachan_Jungle_Fighters

You'd survive longer in battle my friend. You time on the planet would be, "Hey, what a strange world. Oh, look, a pretty flowe-" death.

I'd rather face the waves of Nid's then that.
Quoted for the win.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
EquinoxETO said:
Greyfox105 said:
I rolled Conscript 3 times, guardsman once, and one valkyrie pilot and one scout sentinel :p
I think the God-Emperor is telling me something :p
*God-Emperor: Why won't you die Grey?!! just conscript and die already!!!*
one sentinel
one trained guardsmen
another sentinel
another guardsmen, one off being a valkyrie pilot :(
another sentinel

i would kick your ill-trained green butt mate ;)
Kiss my Conscripted ass. :p
The Imperium was founded upon an army of conscripts (mostly dead conscripts, but still...)
me and my conspripted friends could blind you with our flashlights. if we're lucky you might fall over and we could hack open the sentinel's canopy :p

Kevvers

Sep 14, 2008
Disjointed Entity said:
Your have been tithed to the Imperial Guard.

Roll a D100
Use this to roll
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
16: You are trained to operate a Vox Castor.

Er... what's a Vox Castor, is that good.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Kevvers said:
Disjointed Entity said:

Roll a D100
Use this to roll

A vox is the comms equipment, most often seen as a back pack mounted set, ranging up to table filling size.
so you're either safe in the HQ..
or out on the frontline serving as the personal aide to a company/regimental commander ;)

Kevvers

Sep 14, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
Kevvers said:
Disjointed Entity said:

Roll a D100
Use this to roll

A vox is the comms equipment, most often seen as a back pack mounted set, ranging up to table filling size.
so you're either safe in the HQ..
or out on the frontline serving as the personal aide to a company/regimental commander ;)
Such an honour! Hail the Emperor!

Fenrir45

Mar 21, 2009
Bobbovski said:
Disjointed Entity said:

Roll a D100

1 You are killed as a Heretic.
2-3 You are found to be a Psyker and sent to a Black Ship.
4-5 You given a bucket and a shovel and told to clean up after the Ogryn.
6-10 You are to be trained as an Officer.
11-15 You are handed a Lasgun, a Helmet, and a direction (forward) and become a conscript.
16-20 You are trained to operate a Vox Castor.
21-25 You are train as Sniper and given a Camo-Cloak.
26-30 You are trained with Special Weapons. Post Ending 0-2 (Flamer) 3-5 (Grenade Launcher) 6-7 (Meltagun) 8-9 (Plasma Gun)
31-35 You are trained with Heavy Weapons. Post End 0-1 (Heavy Flamer) 2-3 (Mortar) 4-5 (Heavy Bolter) 6-7 (Auto-Cannon) 8 (Missile Launcher) 9 (Lascannon)
36-55 You are trained with a Lasgun and Frag Grenades, and given Flak Armor.
56-60 You are given Carapace Armor, a Shotgun, Grenades, and Melta-Bombs and then trained to be an elite grenadier.
61-65 Valkyrie Pilot
66-70 Chimera Diver
71-75 Scout Sentinel Driver
76-80 Armored Sentinel Driver
81-85 Leman Russ Tank Driver
86-90 Leman Russ Tank Gunner
91-95 Leman Russ Tank Commander
96-97 You have been selected to go to Terrax and train to be a Commissar.
98-99 An Inquisitor take you as his Acolyte.
100 An Inquisitor has decided to send you to a Shrine World to become a "comfort" to the Sisters of Battle.

Use this to roll
I rolled a 41... I get a lasgun, frag grenades and flak armor... Basically an ordinary guardsman... Yay? =S

My second roll gave me a 79... Armored sentinel driver! Naw... why couldn't I have rolled 79 on my first roll? =(
ooo niiicee 93 first roll 100 second roll ooooo nicceeee

KING BOB 2896

Sep 13, 2008
Vek said:
Come my fellow Guardsmen!

Point your flashlights upon the Xeno, the Mutant, the Heretic, and let their blazing red light purify this ground for the Emperor!

Also, would totally be an Elysian Drop Trooper.
That is an awesome picture.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
MMMowman said:
I would kill my commander... and make some tea... any questions...
Since I have no idea what an Imperial Guard does in the Warhammer thingy, I'll join up with this guy. As long as I am not a commander that is.

KING BOB 2896

Sep 13, 2008
S.H.A.R.P. said:
MMMowman said:
I would kill my commander... and make some tea... any questions...
Since I have no idea what an Imperial Guard does in the Warhammer thingy, I'll join up with this guy. As long as I am not a commander that is.
You should do just fine with him, as long as no one see you kill the Commissar otherwise you will be executed for being a heretic.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Disjointed Entity said:

Roll a D100

1 You are killed as a Heretic.
2-3 You are found to be a Psyker and sent to a Black Ship.
4-5 You given a bucket and a shovel and told to clean up after the Ogryn.
6-10 You are to be trained as an Officer.
11-15 You are handed a Lasgun, a Helmet, and a direction (forward) and become a conscript.
16-20 You are trained to operate a Vox Castor.
21-25 You are train as Sniper and given a Camo-Cloak.
26-30 You are trained with Special Weapons. Post Ending 0-2 (Flamer) 3-5 (Grenade Launcher) 6-7 (Meltagun) 8-9 (Plasma Gun)
31-35 You are trained with Heavy Weapons. Post End 0-1 (Heavy Flamer) 2-3 (Mortar) 4-5 (Heavy Bolter) 6-7 (Auto-Cannon) 8 (Missile Launcher) 9 (Lascannon)
36-55 You are trained with a Lasgun and Frag Grenades, and given Flak Armor.
56-60 You are given Carapace Armor, a Shotgun, Grenades, and Melta-Bombs and then trained to be an elite grenadier.
61-65 Valkyrie Pilot
66-70 Chimera Diver
71-75 Scout Sentinel Driver
76-80 Armored Sentinel Driver
81-85 Leman Russ Tank Driver
86-90 Leman Russ Tank Gunner
91-95 Leman Russ Tank Commander
96-97 You have been selected to go to Terrax and train to be a Commissar.
98-99 An Inquisitor take you as his Acolyte.
100 An Inquisitor has decided to send you to a Shrine World to become a "comfort" to the Sisters of Battle.

Use this to roll

Rolled 3 times...
18 (Vox Op')
50 (Basic Training)
78 (Armoured Sentinel)

I'm not complaining, I love my Sentinels they always get over looked...Tanks scare people more =D