Impire Is "The Bastard Child of Dawn of War and Dungeon Keeper"

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hm! Sounds interesting. I'll definitely wait for the test and some more info.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
Sounds more like a combination involving Dungeon Keeper 2. Which forgot about the humor and felt a lot less fun... since he could get through the entire preview without feeling a need to mention having found anything funny then for me, at least, it gets a pass.

The first Dungeon Keeper hasn't gone anywhere and if anyone wants to be filthy rich then they can port it to the iStore...

Apr 5, 2012
PunkRex said:
Gentleman Adventurer said:
I hope this will be like Overlord, you know, but good.
Hey now... Overlord was alright... just a'little rough round the edges... *sigh*

Anyways, I better get me some demonic mistresses or no deal!
I guess I was a bit unfair, Overlord just never clicked with me.I remember it as having a good sense of humor and very blah game-play. Is the second one any better?

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
PunkRex said:
I hope this will be like Overlord, you know, but good.
Hey now... Overlord was alright... just a'little rough round the edges... *sigh*

Anyways, I better get me some demonic mistresses or no deal!
I guess I was a bit unfair, Overlord just never clicked with me.I remember it as having a good sense of humor and very blah game-play. Is the second one any better?
No... it was even more broken. Theres a part in particular where you have to guide imps riding spiders around a maze on the side of the wall with a time limit... not fun.

Dareln3

Feb 7, 2013
Abomination said:
Denamic said:
Please don't be another Dungeons please don't be another Dungeons please don't be another Dungeons.
There hasn't been ANYTHING other than Evil Genius since DK2 to fill this particular itch. I need this game to be good.
Dungeons had the most baffling mechanics I have ever seen. You had to design traps that would harm an adventurer AFTER they have entered your dungeon and attempted to steal something or observe something. So they would walk in then walk out the same way... so you're supposed to trap the area AFTER they've walked in?

They took Dungeon Keeper then threw in this whole pointless hero satisfaction mechanic. You're not supposed to satisfy your opponent, you're supposed to kill him.

Dungeon Keeper 3 was supposed to touch on finally invading the overworld. Building up a force of monsters by fighting the adventurers who dared enter your domain - for their silly ideals of goodness and righteousness - then turn your monsters' newly honed skills on the now defenceless population for fun and profit. HOW have games managed to screw that most SIMPLE concept up?
If u are looking (or anybody) for a Dungeon Keeper 3 there is a sequel called War For The Overworld - they even have the same narrator that did voice acting for Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. Check it out, https://wftogame.com/
Their's sound design is just awesome and generally it has a very DK feel and atmosphere.
They will have a beta at the end of the march, so hopefully Impire will be good enough to fill the time between

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Dareln3 said:
If u are looking (or anybody) for a Dungeon Keeper 3 there is a sequel called War For The Overworld - they even have the same narrator that did voice acting for Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. Check it out, https://wftogame.com/
Their's sound design is just awesome and generally it has a very DK feel and atmosphere.
They will have a beta at the end of the march, so hopefully Impire will be good enough to fill the time between
oooh, those guys know how to doa trailer :D Holding out for WftO, me thinks... thanks for the pointer!

seizon

Mar 26, 2009
Just saying....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecmo%27s_Deception:_Invitation_to_Darkness

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
zvate said:
Sounds more like a combination involving Dungeon Keeper 2. Which forgot about the humor and felt a lot less fun... since he could get through the entire preview without feeling a need to mention having found anything funny then for me, at least, it gets a pass.

The first Dungeon Keeper hasn't gone anywhere and if anyone wants to be filthy rich then they can port it to the iStore...
Oh, there's some humor - or rather the attempt at humor. I didn't really laugh out loud at anything, but it did elicit a smirk or two.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Okay why oh why did the devs feel the need to toss out decades of intuitive control schemes to do this POS?(the control scheme the game has potential the control scheme not so much)

I mean as messed up as Dungoens is, it's much more fun to play.

First off speed control is mandatory for any RTS or RTS hybrid, I want up 60% and down 60% in speed in 15% increments, is this so hard to do? ITS NOT!..... (as for multiplayer, throttle the real time speed optimazation to the slowest game time player so the game delays data sent just enough to not change the speed of faster game time speed players) This might not be needed with pause and having the game go down to 25% or 15% speed when you left click to give commands.

I want to control raid fights........just let me take over if I want or let the minions get themselves killed on their own. /lulz

Next off You select a group and chose an action the whole group dose that action.

Next off a menu bar would be nice but not necessary if you put in pause and speed control.

Next off holding CTRL down while selecting minions they become a group.

Hold alt and selecting a minion de groups them.

SHIFT + CTRL adds selected minions to next available SQUAD slot

SHIFT + ALT takes the minion out of a squad or next available squad slot.

Have a quick key bar to press 1-9 to select an action.

Note:Squads are raiding parties, groups are just grouped togather for the current map/dungeon.

Would have really liked it if the over world wasfully done so you can explore and run like heck from powered up over land warriors.

Would like a gather materials button that makes them take whatever is closest , as a nudge or just zap them with a friendly reminder. LOL

So far its a 5 and this is just the tut, alot got done wrong but with a few tweaks it will be more fun than Dungeons at least..

Additional:

If Ball picks up a resoruce for 1 MP its treleported to where it needs to be., The rest of minoins (no matter what they are doing since you slected them to pick crap up)have to take it back, useing teleport can be an option.