Improving Dragon Age: Inquisition?

SilverHunter

Sep 22, 2014
You want the biggest things? That's easy.

1) War Table and Filler Crap:
You know all those enjoyable companion missions you do in all the other Bioware games, participating and helping them directly while getting to experience their perspectives on something. Nope, have some people do it instead and come back 12 hours later for a pitiful amount of gold and renown that doesn't matter at all compared to what you get for playing for five minutes. 90% is meaningless filler as well, doing nothing but attempting to pad out what is honestly a 5-10 hour main story. I've spent 100 hours pretty much 100% the game (aside from mosaics, which are impossible to get all of thanks to some terrible work on Biowares part), and the comments above are completely correct in saying everything in the game is filler. The table feeds into this, and the filler feeds into the war table. Hit a spot that you need to visit the war table to fix? Instead of letting you do so through one of several (meaningless) camps you establish, you have to warp back to your base, then warp to your war table, do the meaningless operation which consists only of "do you want to do this, yes or why did you even come here then, and jump back and boom done. It's obviously done so it can load up a new variation of the area rather than updating it as you are there... And thank god because loading times are atrocious in the game, but still... You also see people complain about getting out of the Hinterlands? It's because of all the zones it has the most content. It's front loaded, and while it isn't too disproportionate to some other areas, it's still quite noticeably inflated. Had they of cut out the Forbidden Oasis (the area of meaningless collection crap), sliced the hinterlands in half, it could of been used to flush out the other areas.

2) The ending where Bioware didn't learn anything from Mass Effect 3:
It's meaningless. That's it. That huge supposedly life-changing choice you make near the end? Nope! Doesn't matter, since the game negates any and all meaning behind it after the credits roll. Speaking of that, the entire final battle has got to be the worst I've seen in a Bioware game. Most of it is spent running after the boss while fighting nothing, rather than cutting your way towards him, then you spend maybe half a minute swatting at him, then another half a minute swatting at something else, then another half a minute killing him off. And unlike mass effect 3, none of your work in gathering allies and preparing matters. They didn't even bother to assign a "% of success" like they did in ME 3 for the illusion of importance. You get a few lazy call outs to some choices, but that's it. And when your game's biggest climax is the battle at Haven...? Well... Yeah, do t be surprised when people are bored to tears through the rest of the game, waiting for something to match it. Honestly, between the (obviously better) Mage time-travel quest and then Haven, the first 10-20 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition easily beats out the next however many hours is spent, no matter what you do. When a battle that happens so early on is much more climactic than your final boss, you've done more than screw the pooch on how you handled it.

3) Loot
It's crap. It clutters your inventory, and no matter what most of it isn't all that great to begin with. Crafting is nigh-on meaningless anyways, except for at end game where you get easy access to materials to make armor far too overpowered. When my Warriors whirlwind becomes self-sustaining and increases in damage with every spin, there isn't any other piece of armor around to match something that boosts damage outright on it and further offsets the stamina cost. Then making a blatantly overpowered 2 handed weapon, slapping on dragon rune... Well... Hitting 10-15k a spin on whirlwind becomes boring on the strongest dragon in the game, specially when it dies in half a minute...

There's other things of course. Glitches being the biggest of that. Like I said mosaic pieces like the ones in Hinterlands, which are placed below the level geometry and inaccessible, should of been unacceptable. Then again a lot of the collection based sidequests scraped the bottom of the lazy barrel.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
1) Get rid of the 8 skill limit- I really don't know why they have this it isn't even a console limitation since in the past they just use the skill wheel or whatever its called.

2) Better AI tactics- While it doesn't cripple the combat it does limit the amount of ways you can play the game since you can't get your AI partners to do much. At times, especially on higher difficulties, it can become busy work when you have use the tactics menu to tell your allies to move out of the AOE or tell your tank to protect you mage allies.

3)Side quests- Make some of the sides quests feel more part of the overall story. The sides quests like rescuing solders in the exalted plains, finding the connection between the Freemen of the Dales and the red Templars/ Mages in the Emerald glades, and cutting the red Templars/mages off from their supply of red lyrium in Emprise Du Lion all have their own stories that are told through texts that you find, War table quests you do, and passive dialogue you hear from NPCs. The problem is that it all comes off as disjointed. It almost feels like they were going for the whole "story is in the background" approach that Dark Souls has. But it doesn't work well here and its gives those side quests the MMO feel that everyone mentions. It would had been better if these side quests had been told through active cutscenes like the main storyline.

I actually don't mind that a lot of the side quests are pointless since a lot of them actually do give you a look into the lore of Dragon age's world (the hissing wastes for instance), I just wish that some of them felt more....important.

4) Schematics as random loot- The problem with this one is that there are so many schematics that can only be obtained through random loot. They should make more of them obtainable through merchants.

Despite these problems, especially the first 2, I still really liked the game and have sunk well over 100 hours into it.

Lupine

Apr 26, 2014
harrisonmcgiggins said:
Nods Respectfully Towards You said:
harrisonmcgiggins said:
Anything dragon age inquisiton does, Dragons dogma does better (and its fun! :) ).

So go give it a try (only $15)
I liked Dragon's Dogma, but let's not lie to ourselves here. Outside of combat and player customization, Dragon's Dogma needed a ton of work. The world was bland, the story and characters were forgettable, and most of the sidequests were pretty grindy.
Just like DAI
Gonna also disagree here. The combat is the only thing I ever want to see from Dragon's Dogma in other things, but my God do I want to see that in other high fantasy games. As for everything else, aside from a interesting last boss/twist and the awesomeness that was the Urr Dragon, Dragon's Dogma is pretty bad. DA:I has it over it leaps and bounds in my opinion when it comes to characters. The guy that complained that all the characters were annoying...yeah I don't know where that came from. Sure you aren't supposed to like every character, but being likable isn't the same as being a good character. Some of your companions are totally meant to be weirdos or jerks and that is both their charm and their problem and yours and I'll take that any day of the week over the pawn system with the same repeatable lines over and over until I decide to sit them down in a chair and tell them to put a sock in it.

Forgettable plot I'll give you though, but is anyone playing Bioware games for the plot? To me Bioware has always been about characters and world building...the plots tend to seem pretty generic as a rule, even with the "YOUR CHOICES MATTER" chanted constantly despite how true or not it might be.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Hm. Dragon Age Inquisition feels like a game I should like, but I just don't. The combat is bleh and the pacing is pretty bad with way too much irrelevant talky talky. DA:I just makes me want to play Skyrim instead. I should stop playing it, but I have the horrible habit of completing a game even if I don't like it. I think it's interesting that I really enjoyed every Mass Effect game and really did not enjoy any Dragon Age game.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
The choices in the game felt like they didn't really matter.

Regardless of your decision in the Fade, nothing actually changes in regards to the story based on what happened. I would really have liked that whatever character didn't get left behind to become a fully fledged party member. Honestly it made no sense for me that the Inquisitor sent Hawke off with the Wardens when they were exiled. I wanted Hawke to join my team!

Getting stuck in the Skyhold suit, the grey pajamas was just lame. Dragon Age 2 did the same thing. I'm surprised Bioware didn't learn that nobody liked it the first time.

How come there was no weapon switching in combat? That was a huge step back. As a rogue there were just some enemies it wasn't safe to get close to. It would have made sense to pull out a bow and start shooting them.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
I think it would be easier to list the things I felt Dragon Age: Inquisition did right rather than list the things Inquisition did wrong, since the former would be a much shorter list.

I mean the game had ugly animations and character models, terrible characters, writing and dialogue, awful fetch quests, bland combat and even introduced a mechanic where you're expected to do nothing while real world time passes. The whole production just felt amateur, like it was made by some fresh out of college kids as their first game, not a AAA game by professionals. Actually, maybe it is easier to list what Inquisition did wrong, since I'm struggling to think of anything it did right. I guess the open environments were nice, if empty.

God what an awful game.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Nods Respectfully Towards You said:
harrisonmcgiggins said:
Anything dragon age inquisiton does, Dragons dogma does better (and its fun! :) ).

So go give it a try (only $15)
I liked Dragon's Dogma, but let's not lie to ourselves here. Outside of combat and player customization, Dragon's Dogma needed a ton of work. The world was bland, the story and characters were forgettable, and most of the sidequests were pretty grindy.
I always bring up to my friends that Dragon Age should just do Dragon's Dogma's combat already and stop trying to please both crowds with that pseudo-action, pseudo-tactical system that is just bad. Just be an action game, your combat will thank you for it.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Darth Rosenberg said:
All old points, but:

Combat - it's awful. Slow the pace down, put Tactics back in, and bring back the tac-pause feature from DA:O and DAII. Also put auto-attack back in, if you can't be arsed to make a proper hack'n'slasher.

Story - it's the story of the Inquisition, sure, but the antagonist is a banal, motivation-free non-entity who seems fairly shite at his Big Bad job. Just when the main plot got interesting - the game ended...

Less Filler - SP MMO says it all. Placing a marker on a map and running to it is NOT 'content' - it's all just bullshit if there's barely any context.

Storage - BioWare are just dopey for not having that as standard from the off.

Don't make schematics random loot - unless you use the chest farming exploit, getting a decent range of tier 3 schematics seems impossible. In the manner of Angry Joe: "No! Nnnno, BioWare!". The crafting system's a bit of a mess as it is, but making t3 schematics so hard to obtain is just a terrible design decision that arbitrarily punishes or rewards different players. There's barely enough armour designs as it is, which compounds the flaw.

There are about a billion other gripes with DA:I, which is now officially my Least Favourite BioWare Game Evah, but those are some of the obvious biggies. I enjoyed DA:I, I really did - and will play it again. But for the first time I don't really care about another DA if this is the direction they're headed, and I'm much more interested in finding out more about the next Mass Effect.

Danbo Jambo said:
The rest of it was pretty perfect and Bioware have massively mistaken evolution for devolution.
Perhaps, but for BioWare and EA, "devolution" = a mountain of shiny gold to fill their coffers. Who gives a stuff about good design or a truly finished, polished product, when your latest version of an IP becomes your best performing launch?

Cynical, I know, but - and maybe I'm still fanboyishly bitter - for me it's exactly what Bethesda did after Morrowind; get swayed by mainstream popularity and the money that comes with it.
What gets me though is that money will go elsewhere. Skyrim got lucky because it was all about dick size open world comparisons. With Dragon Age I'd say most of the loyal fanbase are converting to Witcher fans. Give it 5 years and I think DA & Bioware will be miles behind if they carry on this path. Mainstream folk may go for open world games, but I can't see what DA has become catching on like that.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
War table: make it accessible anywhere (maybe send orders via Pigeon or something)

Villain Development: During his reveal he seems an incredibly interesting character.
Beg that I succeed, for I have seen the throne of the gods, and it was empty
But he essentially gets no development and is essential referred to as a loony from then on. The ending is essentially him throwing a tantrum like a child.

A bit less of the "OMG the inquisitor is so badass" moments, kills suspense. It makes it less of a question of will we succeed and more like how awesome will my helmet look when I succeed.

More freak out moments (like the fade bits in origin) - the initial mage/templar quests were good.

Balance melee dps to die less easily.

Bring back desire demon.

To end on a high note, I do like the whole religious thing where no one is completely right or wrong.

BaronVH

Oct 22, 2009
I really, really enjoyed it, but it did take a while for the enjoyment to set in. I did have quite a few problems with it, but nothing that would make me not consider it to be great. Here they are: There was no slow lead-in to the features. Baldur's Gate slowly introduced you to the mechanics that allowed you to get used to the world. Baldur's Gate 2 kind of threw you into the deep end. That is what DAI did. It was very difficult to figure out the mechanics at first. Another issue: I hate crafting in games. It is really a grind to have to search for obscure herbs and such. Just dump it. I am out trying to save the world, but, no, I really need to travel to a far off corner of the world to pick flowers. Also, let me find the bad ass plate mail dragon killing armor after killing a huge monster. Instead I had to go dig in the dirt to make the world changing weapon which is much better than anything I got from killing the King of the Dragons. I understand many gamers like this aspect of games, but it is just not fun for me. The last issue, and it is truly a nit-pick on my part: It is a fantasy world set in a world based on the middle ages of Europe. Don't have voice actors that sound like they got off of a surf board in California or a biker bar from Montana (yes, I have been to both places). I know, I know, this is a different world, but it is still a game with castles, chain mail, and swords. This issue was not near as bad as the other two DA games. Overall, these are minor. It is a great game.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Danbo Jambo said:
With Dragon Age I'd say most of the loyal fanbase are converting to Witcher fans. Give it 5 years and I think DA & Bioware will be miles behind if they carry on this path. Mainstream folk may go for open world games, but I can't see what DA has become catching on like that.
Yeah, but that's the thing... DA:I sold well - there's no need for them to cater to core fans. It's kinda ironic how Inquisition ended up being so much like a dumb, streamlined, consequence-free, casual SP MMO when clearly Origins began as a specifically core SP only IP.

I'm not sure about BioWare's most loyal fans converting to Witcher, though. BioWare fans seem to be BioWare apologists, so they'll stick by them no matter what. And y'know, so will I, if they keep the dialogue and characters well written (DA:I needed more character scenes, but I thought it was still excellent in that regard. I do miss wackier, wittier, yet bittersweet/poignant characters like Shale and Oghren, though).

[ captcha: you're not listening - how apt... ]

wizzy555 said:
A bit less of the "OMG the inquisitor is so badass" moments, kills suspense. It makes it less of a question of will we succeed and more like how awesome will my helmet look when I succeed.
Agreed - far too much 'awesome player character is awesome' moments. As ever with BioWare, they lurched from what they saw as criticisms of Hawke's small scale engagement with Kirkwall (which I loved, btw), to Thedas's very own randomly respected Because Reasons [life of] Brian.

halisme

Jun 2, 2014
Tighten the story, cut out the filler, make the villain a more compelling character, shrink the maps sizes, more side quests that are interesting contextually, make the assassin less obvious in the winter palace section, cut out the second to last main story quest, and make the armor a bit more varied. Anything I missed?

Apr 5, 2008
halisme said:
Tighten the story, cut out the filler, make the villain a more compelling character, shrink the maps sizes, more side quests that are interesting contextually, make the assassin less obvious in the winter palace section, cut out the second to last main story quest, and make the armor a bit more varied. Anything I missed?
Dammit, I think you got it :-(

The game had too much MMO nonsense, too much ubisoft-style filler that was as pointless to the bigger picture as it was boring. The combat was terribly balanced, every enemy was scaled to require a full party to defeat, even the lowliest wolf. The invisible walls and impassable rocks everywhere were frustrating. The various zones were pointless....Did one, did them all. Collect shards, find skulls, plant poles, etc. After 2-3 I didn't even bother with the rest.

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
Where to even start ... oh well I'll start here:

What I hate most about Inquisition is this: all the unearned praise and all the blind idiots who called this unfinished trash GOTY when it only came out at the last possible moment and was so filled with bugs and broken bits to rival a Bethesda release. This game has been my culling. As in I culled my list of reviewers and sites I follow bassed on how many of these imbecils called DA:I "teh best game" because these people clearly do not have any sort of ability to even atempt objective criticism.

Glad I got that out of my system, now time to say my piece:

1) The game is unfished

I mean that. This game should not have seen the light of day. There has been not a single moment while palying it that I felt "Ok, this was well done, this was where the effort went" appart maybe for the post ending cutscene, which only served to make me even angrier at the game. The amount of bugs I've encountered in this game gives launch skyrim a run for it's money, but where skyrim was fixed quickly by mods, DA:I to this day has done almost nothing to adress complaints and reports. 3 patches in and the most significant bug they fixed was removing the glowing hair textures and fixing the scars, both errors that were introduced IN ONE OF THEIR PATCHES. But oh, look at all those lovely multi-player events we are doing! ... not a single fan of the series gives a solitary fuck about the multi-player. And beyond that, as long as your game is broken and filled with bugs, what makes you think I will try your shit multi-player?

But even beyond bugs so many parts of this game feel ... rushed. The Skyhold gave me some meagre hope when I got it, but then I dreaded it for how much tedium it added to the war table crap and companion chat (though that last one vanished when I realized how shallow and uninteresting the companions are). But with only one upgrade that actually means something (the other 2 are cosmetic) and with how even after finding resources to build an entire fucking city I still have holes on the walls ... yeah, I'll skip. And this feeling kept following me through-out the game. Hissing wastes, Emprise du lion ... The hinterlands ... everything felt rushed, boring and cobbled toghether, with no real substance behind. Sometimes there might be glimpses of something interesting (like the surface thaig), but they vanished as soon as they were spotted

2)The story

Oh dear lord ... the story. You know what bioware? I'd rather go back and play Mass Effect 3!!! At least there I can enjoy a somewhat competent story and shut off the game after the suicidal beacon charge and take a bunch of pills to forget about the whole start-child thing. With this crap I have to put in god knows how many hours in a shit, uninteresting, uneventfull story where the main bad-guy is just a manipulated goon of no relevance to the grand scheme that provokes copious amounts of laughter with his retarded look, just so I can get the one part that actually reminds me of the good old DA:O story and makes me want more! And that part is just a pathetic cutscene at the end where my characte had no impact! Fuck this shit. Everything that happens in inquisition, the mage-templar war that seemed like the next big thing of the DA world and the chance to start a new era is rendered completly pointless, and our inquisitor and his mery band as nothing more than glorified pest control to make way for the real plot. Pest control for a guy THAT WAS ALLREADY KILLED AND BURRIED IN DA2: LEGACY! That final scene in inquisition does 2 things: It is the only part of actual fucking interesting lore in the game that forwards the grand conflict of this world; It is also the scene that renders the game pointless in the grand narative. And the rest of the so called plot? Distractions and time-sinks until Morrigan and Flemeth show up to point at the real problem and actually start the plot, that ends 2 hours latter, after 60-80 hours of faffing about. It's fucking Assassin's Creed's storytelling in the Dragon Age universe.

3)The gameplay

There once was a game called Origins. It had an awesome but somewhat clunky tactical interface and some smart strategic combat. The animations were shit, the mages were OP, but it was a good system, it did it's job admirably and it provided and unique aproach to combat.

Then came it's sequel. It strived to improve, and it did in some regards. Warriors became more usefull, mages were tonned down a bit, but it also leaned much more to an action crowd. Still, it did ok.

BEHOLD THE FUTURE: look at our awesome animations! Watch all the blingy lights flying around, whatch as this guy clams an axe in the dirt and cause rock spikes to burst from a sandy beach! Watch as your tactical menu is absent. Behold how you can no longer program actions for your characters and set up combos for them to pull off. Enjoy as they can no longer be told to smartly dodge AOE attacks, or to avoid friendly fire. Behold the tactical camera that is slow, imposible to control and doesn't even allow action queing, on top of beeing obstructed by terain (seriously, a barrel on the ground can stop the camera from moving to target behind the barrel ...). Enjoy how a once tactical game has been reduced to "control most op character->rush into combatp->revive and heal after eveyrthing dies->reload if dead". But damn do does effects look fine, and that makes up for everything, am I right?

No, you are not bioware. Now take this piece of trash and shove it up your ass along with your idiotic and broken knight enchanter.

4)The item system.

So ... we have a diablo style loot system. Ok. We have a crating system that makes the previous system superflous. Umm ... why? Oh relax, we also made sure there are only 3 armors per clas that you can wear and they only differ via some vague details that no one will notice. Oh and they all look like shit. Wha?! What the hell? Oh but there are some unique racial armors and this noice pice of DLC gear that look great! Um ... ok, somewhat bet- Yeah they are all inferior to the shit loking armor and the humans get most of them, elfs get 2 (one mage and 1 rogue) and the dwarfs get 1 for warriors. Um ... bioware this sounds like shit to me so far. Also I want to play a qunari. Well the qunari have no special armor, but they do have this absolutly retarded clown make-up! Enjoy beeing a big ox-man clown dressed in rags!

I hope you enjoyed my little schizo moment there, but on a more serious note: Inquisition has the ugliest designs for armor and weapons I've seen in a while, coupled with a looting system that only gives useless trash and a crafting system that is a pain to use, on top of not providing any sort of amazing looking armor like skyrim had dragon bone and daedric. Also: when you call something a legendary weapon, it would help if it wasn't a toothpick worthy of ants compared to the boring sword I had my blacksmith shit out a few hours ago for a peny and a bunch of comonly available surface ores.

5)The characters (more specifically the companions) & romance.

This game has a special place in my heart. It is the first bioware game where I did not like a single one of the companions you are given. With a caveat: Varric doesn't count. He comes from DA 2 and his appeal was born in that game. In this one his interactions are wasted. They are all such stereotypes and all the words they say can be so easily predicted that they just feel like automatons. The voices feel off too, like the actors are not giving a shit about the role. And with how rushed and unfinished everything is their stories feel unfinished and the relationship between them and the quis feel fake. Like someone before me said "Dude I only shared like 20 words with you since we met, and now I'm your BFF?". And the romance ... oh god the romance. Bioware please stop writting romance in your games. Please. It was an admirable attempt, but now you went and jumped the rails. This is not how romance between 2 human beeings works. Stop it.

6)The world

Which feels empty and padded. Look at how big our virtual dick is, look at how many sqare miles of empty land we added in this game! We are the best!

No bioware, you are not. This game is the MAKO exploration of the first mass effect game.

7)The Inquisition itself.

Yes, this mighty organization that shapes the history of the world, and YOU are the man in charge, deciding when and how to use your forces! How do they convey this? Through a boring impersonal menu system that has no actual impact on the story or characters and no consequances for your decisions (visible consequences, not a pathetic 2 or 3 lines of text that are forgoten the moment you close the window) and just serves to take away even more time as you wait for days (or edit your system clock on the pc) for the mission to end. What a load.

Now I know the question was how to improve inquisition and I realize I focused on all the flaws, but they are all such evident and easily correctible flaws I felt I didn't need to say how they could be fixed. The answer is preety simple anyway: Put some god damned effort next time, don't just phone in this half written half finished garbage.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
The game really just does feel off for me. I've not got out of the opening area since release because I just can't bring myself to play it. I'm told it gets better after a few hours when you are outside the Hinterlands but I'm not prepared to put those hours in for a promise that might not come true.

Something that annoys me that I don't see brought up too often is that characters from Origins don't look like themselves. Great effort has gone into Varric for example, to make him look like he did in DAII. Yet Cullen, who was barely recognisable as himself in DAII seems to have had major plastic surgery and lost 20 years. Hell I didn't recognise Leliana until she spoke as she just doesn't look like herself.

I know time changes people but if characters who started in DAII, Varric and Cassandra for example, are instantly recognisable then why was no effort made for those characters who made their début in Origins.

The controls for PC have already been mentioned in the thread, I'd just be going over old ground. Bioware kept one control method from Origins and DAII (WASD and RMB hold for camera control) but dumped the two that I used (click to move and holding down LMB+RMB).

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
votemarvel said:
Something that annoys me that I don't see brought up too often is that characters from Origins don't look like themselves. Great effort has gone into Varric for example, to make him look like he did in DAII. Yet Cullen, who was barely recognisable as himself in DAII seems to have had major plastic surgery and lost 20 years. Hell I didn't recognise Leliana until she spoke as she just doesn't look like herself.

I know time changes people but if characters who started in DAII, Varric and Cassandra for example, are instantly recognisable then why was no effort made for those characters who made their début in Origins.
For Cullen, at least, they were pretty blatantly trying to appeal to his fangirls that have been clamoring for a Cullen companion since Origins. If you'll notice, not only does his appearance radically change, it radically changes to very, very handsome. With the exception of maybe Dorian (Who's not into women) Cullen is easily the most conventionally attractive romance for lady Inquisitors. The other three are... less so. Four if you count Sera, but I'm pretty sure no one does - Dorian's even more popular with fangirls than she is, despite him being unavailable to them. So Cullen's "upgrade" was a pretty obvious attempt to appeal to them, which is kind of a shame. I feel like they ignored Cullen's actual character to make him pretty and romancable.

small

Aug 5, 2014
all up im satisfied with the game but realistic improvements i would suggest for the pc version:

- click to move is badly needed. currently the pc control scheme honestly is like someone who plays consoles thinking that this is a good pc control scheme.

- option to keep 8 toolbar slots OR increase the number to 10 with multiple bars for those of us not using a controller

- more skyhold customisation options. people like to play house and would love the opportunity to make their headquarters more personal (i will be shocked if this isnt a future DLC)

- increased game stability, the game tends to be very crash happy at high graphical options i found

- fortress customisation. this was meant to be in the game originally but was cut, give me the option to turn one of the bases into a trading hub, or a temple of the faithful, etc. it would be a good way to use up extra power adding options to fortresses

- more fortresses, the hinterlands has a brand spanking new fortress just sitting there unused yet you cant claim it for example

- tactical view needs an overhaul on pc, the system is obviously controller orientated which makes it a ***** to use for mouse and keyboard, the cursor shouldnt get stuck on terrain for instance, i always used it in origins but i never use it in DAI.

- new quest areas and hubs, let me visit denerium, antiva or serault.

- the war map suffers from the same issue ME3 did, completing a quest on it and the only thing that changes is a tiny bit of text and a number going up.there is an old rule of running a tabletop RPG bioware need to learn "show me dont just tell me".

If you increase stability in a region, have more people traveling through, if you do a deal with merchants have them visit skyhold, diplomats or dignitary missions in skyhold? let them pay their respects to me while im on the throne with a short cut scene and dialogue options or even bump into them talking to josephine