In Defense of Bobby kotick

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
"In defence of Bobby Kotick"
No! Stop right there! There is no defending that man. He is a loathsome scumsucking sleazeball the likes of which I previously only thought existed in PARODY. So he saved Activision from Bankruptcy? So? He saved a starving parasite and turned it into an even bigger parasite. Wonderful. I said the other day that Bobby Kotick and people like him are so short sighted and stupid that they'd probably prune a tree by hacking at the roots with an axe. Scratch that, he'd probably hire a starving child to hack at the roots with an axe and then lay off the starving child when the tree died.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Trust me. He doesn't need your defense. He has lawyers on retainer to build him a better defense you ever could.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
He's the hero the people deserve.

Could you imagine if they actually DID fire him? He'd have to take up begging on the street to pay for his yachts and private islands!

Is this really what you heartless monsters want?!

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Kwak said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
kilenem said:
Jim Sterling did a video about firing Bobby kotick, I think everyone has forgotten how Vivendi almost Bankrupted the Company and Bobby kotick saved Activison. For a second we thought Vivendi was going to try to buy Ubisoft and run it into the ground.
I know it?s beyond stereotypical that Jews know business, but sometimes they take things too far. There will always be intangibles more important than how black the ink is.
When did this become about Jews?
It's always about (((them)))

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Silentpony said:
But he's not even paying people off. He's just out there saying he defrauded the Sheriff, Lulz, YOLO and I right? #Free
Billionaire aside, actively admitting to crimes it pretty good evidence, regardless of how many lawyers he can hire.
Yeah, but he's rich tho.

Being a billionaire in this society is like being a Thane in Skyrim. Unless your bounty goes over 3000 gold, noone cares. Fuck, if your bounty does go over 3000 gold (Jeffrey Epstein) you can still be assured of a lenient sentence at a cushy prison where they let you leave every day to go to work.

I mean, it's not like you're a black teenager with a gram of weed.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
trunkage said:
Kwak said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
kilenem said:
Jim Sterling did a video about firing Bobby kotick, I think everyone has forgotten how Vivendi almost Bankrupted the Company and Bobby kotick saved Activison. For a second we thought Vivendi was going to try to buy Ubisoft and run it into the ground.
I know it?s beyond stereotypical that Jews know business, but sometimes they take things too far. There will always be intangibles more important than how black the ink is.
I?m trying to be delicate about it, but is it really a coincidence [https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_businesspeople] such a disproportionate number of Jews are almost universally successful business leaders relative to their population size?

Ironically enough though, it was Steve Jobs of all people who encouraged Bobby K. to drop out from pursuing his art history major and focus on entrepreneurial efforts in the software industry. Also ironic is how Jobs considered himself a Buddhist. He did, sure, but I wonder how accurate that would seem to anyone that worked ?under? him.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
hanselthecaretaker said:
I?m trying to be delicate about it, but is it really a coincidence [https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_businesspeople] such a disproportionate number of Jews are almost universally successful business leaders relative to their population size?
Diaspora Jews are a small minority with a strong sense of community who have a traditional culture that values intellectual pursuits, but have traditionally been barred from or discriminated in various forms of professional employment.

For a comparative example, in the UK, two out of five of the largest banking groups which still exist today were founded by a members of a tiny religious sect that, at the time only represented about 0.5% of the population at best. That's not an isolated example either, the same group (the Society of Friends, or Quakers) is also responsible for dozens of successful business and famous brand names which you find in the UK. That's because Quakers had a very strong peer network (like Jews, they usually only married within the group) which they would use to help each other get into business. Because universities were affiliated with the Anglican church, members of other religious groups were barred from going to university, and thus barred from other professions. Business and finance were the only real way for Quakers to achieve any kind of success, and once they did achieve success they shared that success with their community and passed it on to their children.

For Jews, it goes back even further. Medieval Christians were barred from certain jobs and professions (most famously those involving usury) which meant that while Jews were horribly persecuted and often subject to indiscriminate pogroms or expulsions, some did manage to become quite wealthy through doing the jobs Christians refused to do on religious grounds. As the economy changed, the skills some Jews had learned and the fact that they were often quite well educated transferred over to business and finance, and because Jews had a strong community which prized education they, again, passed the rewards on to others.

Jan 27, 2011
Why on earth would anyone WANT to defend Bobby Kotick?

Yeah, it's nice he stopped Activision from going bankrupt that one time. But that in no way excuses or makes up for all the horrendous stuff he's done.

Plus he's insanely rich and doesn't need anyone to defend him, he's living exceptionally comfortably in ways that people like us can't even imagine. He does not NEED defending.

It's like if, say, there was some unnamed psychopathic war criminal with the blood of thousands (or more) on his hands, and someone was like "yeah, but when his daughter came out as LGBT, he supported her and other LGBT people!" in his defense. I mean, yeah, that's nice, but it doesn't exactly take away from the pile of innocent corpses over there, does it?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
erttheking said:
In defense of Bobby Kotick...it sure is hilarious to hear him complain about women don't want to date him because they google him and get images of him with devil horns. You can't make up that kind of comedy.

That's all I got in his favor.
I got one! In defense of Bobby Kotick, I think he deserves the same dignity as any other human and should not be tarred and feathered before being sent to a black site.

Unfortunately, the best examples IO have are all specific or absurd and so unlikely to happen. Dude absolutely need to take responsibility for his company's problems and criticism of him is acceptable.

...long as people aren't sending him death threats or stalking his kids if he has any. People need to not do that shit.

hanselthecaretaker said:
It's not coincidence. It's the outcome of literally thousands of years of Jewish people being restricted in profession to things like bankers. It's the height of irony that ghentiles prevented Jewish people from earning almost any other kind of living, then turned around and vilified them for being the bankers and land owners. This has nothing to do with some idea of an innate Jewish acumen for business, it has to do with an amazing level of double standards in antisemitism. Jewish people can't freaking win, even when they're successful, because of shit like this.

Isn't it funny how we stereotype minorities into the only positions we have allowed them to hold?

Wait, no, funny isn't the word. Screwed up is more fitting.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
hanselthecaretaker said:
trunkage said:
Kwak said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
kilenem said:
Unless Bobby "fuckstick" Kotick is Jewish, I fail to see how that's relevant.

Oct 22, 2011
Canadamus Prime said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
trunkage said:
Kwak said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
kilenem said:
Even if it's still irrelevant, unless you believe in "jews control all banks" conspiracies.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
MrCalavera said:
Canadamus Prime said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
trunkage said:
Kwak said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
kilenem said:
Even if it's still irrelevant, unless you believe in "jews control all banks" conspiracies.
I don't.
I don't think it would matter if Bobby Kotick was Jewish, Christian, or Atheist, he'd still be a greedy short sighted fuckstick.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Dalisclock said:
"A Broken Clock is right twice a day".
But if it's set to 24 hour time, only once.

Think about it...