In-Game Hoarding Addiction

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
yeah that's me too. i hoard a lot of stuff constantly filling my inventory and rarely use useful stuff saving it for later, that never comes.

Ubahootah

Aug 16, 2011
In oblivion, I take every weapon and object with use. Most decorative items are left behind. I do sometimes clear out the unenchanted weapons and armor, but I always keep the enchanted ones. I've been collecting them to get all of the information on them in the wiki, of which I'm a part of, so yes, I hoard a lot.

In minecraft, I have 3 double-chests of cobblestone, 119 blocks of iron, and 46 blocks of gold. Also 2 golden apples, 2 regular apples. Every item I have collected I place into a chest in my storage room.

herbortamus

Aug 25, 2011
I horde a lot too.
That is actually one thing I am not looking forward to about Skyrim: I know I will spend huge amounts of time gathering useless things. In Oblivion I would clear a dungeon, then use multiple feather spells along with wearing the Grey Cowl(that's what it's called right?) to transport EVERYTHING dropped back to my house in Skingrad. I would have to make multiple trips. From there I would sort through everything. I designated different chests in the house to hold certain types of items. Some things would be put in these chests, some would be displayed in the display cases you buy for the house, and leftovers would be sold.

On another note, here is my favorite collection of things from Oblivion: the cheese from the Sheogorath side quest(not Shivering Isles, but the Daedric Shrine quest from the regular game). My cheese collection is lovingly displayed in a case in the dinning room of Rosethron Hall.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Oh my goodness, this describes me perfectly in ANY game which features an inventory, made even worse if it's a limited inventory, because then it takes me over to sell stuff because I end up weighing my options all the time.

Of all games I've ever played where I had this problem, Maplestory was probably the worst.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I'm sort of a hoarder. Well, half of one.
I'll only pick something up if I have some use for it, but I rarely sell things (since I've sold stuff before that I ended up needing later*).

*Like the Moldy Bread in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. It was a worthless item, but there was only one in the entire game, and you would need it later if you wanted the Poison Sword.

CombustibleKoala

Mar 3, 2008
I hoarde like mad. When I have bouts of being a reasonable person, I'll sell all of my multiples, but I like to keep at least one of nearly everything. I get sentimental- I take the view that my character is collecting these things as souvenirs, as though she will look at them later and say to herself- "Oh, remember that time I murdered those 20 scary rats and found this fragment of semi-precious stone lodged in the throat of one? Wow, I can't believe I actually pulled that out!"

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
In Fallout 3/NV I hoard chems, stimpacks, food, basically anything in the aid category.

On my first playthrough of 3, I also kept trophies. At least one example of the armor/weapons of everything I killed. I even downloaded mannequins to show it all off.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Pat8u said:
Im not a in game horder,But hannah from the yogcast is, seriously those FO:NV vids were painful to watch.
YES i agree so much i personally wanna break into her house load her save up of new vegas and drop all the crap she doesn't need in the Hoover Dam

Justanewguy

Jun 30, 2011
Hoarding is subjective, but I've been known to spend hours on end organizing an in game library on Oblivion. In fact, one of the cruelest practical jokes I've ever had played on me was coming back to a home that my friend had shot up with magical spells.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
I hoard ammo,but when I sense that the end of the game is near,and I have 2000 rounds for each of my guns and 20 grenades,I let loose and fire away.

YOu can thank Stalker for teaching me how to conserve ammo AND spend it wildly while remaining somewhat useful at the same time.

Yanzo

Sep 12, 2010
In fallout 3 in one run I'd just collect teddy bears, toy cars, nuka cola trucks and something else I forget; just because I thought it was fun.

However on fallout 3 and NV I always collect items that are unique (like weapons and armour) and then store them away or collect items to put around my house (got a few bags of flour, a deathclaw egg and those special nukas lying in my kitchen). I also try to get one of each food and drink and put it in the fridge and 1 of each weapon and armour just incase I ever get bored and try and kill everything with a straight razor. Guess it's a little odd.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
believer258 said:
I horde ammo, guns, and health packs like crazy on any game that allows you too.

"I'll use it later!"
-later comes-
"I'll use it later"

I have a hard time selling stuff.
Same here.
"I'll save it for something tougher."
"Not tough enough."
"That big enemy is going to need a lot to take down."
At the end of the game, I'm sitting on a pile of things that I swore I was going to use later. Later never came.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
I tend to hoard what I find, but I don't generally go out of my way looking for knickknacks unless I need them for something or there's some sort of benefit to collecting all of them (achievements are not on their own sufficient benefit unless they're relatively easy.) If I need to make space, I prefer to convert or craft rather than sell, though I certainly will sell if I know I can get more of it.

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
I gather anything that I think would look cool somewhere, and sift through it later to decorate. Everything else gets sold for change or stored in some back container. In Oblivion, I would go out of my way to steal any item with a shine to it and filled a room with the shinies for shiggles.

I do know one guy though who is an extreme collector, going out of his way to gather anything unique or different. In WoW his bank and completely full and half of his inventory is taken up by items because they are neat looking or unobtainable any more.