In memorial of Unforgotten Realms

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:
wow it's finished? I should probably watch it at some point. also I'm playing a forgotten realms campaign, does that count?
Nah, it just spiraled downhill 3/4 into it then got cancelled. It made about one good joke an episode when it was going downhill. -,-
Hey did you
MaskedMori said:
skywalkerlion said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:
wow it's finished? I should probably watch it at some point. also I'm playing a forgotten realms campaign, does that count?
Nah, it just spiraled downhill 3/4 into it then got cancelled. It made about one good joke an episode when it was going downhill. -,-
There were no details released relating to why the show got discontinued, if I were you I wouldn't go about and make those pretty ignorant assumptions :p
It's rather obvious though, plus I didn't look into it too much, but I was confirmed on this by about 5 others so this is what I'm going by. Why choose to cancel a show that is going downhill? I'm sure that answer should be obvious enough. Still, I could turn out to be wrong and I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Edit: Isn't he still making them, just not on this website...?
Confirmed by 5 others? Hey heres me telling you your not confirmed and you are an idiot to call anything "Confirmed" when a reason was not given.

Unforgotten Realms was in NO WAY cancelled and could even possibly come back to Escapist Magazine in the near future. Unforgotten Realms will be continuing with or without fan support on urealms.com, with fan support simply means a steady release of content like here on escapist. Also your opinion is not fact. Just because you did not like the last half dozen episodes of the show does not mean it was ever going "Downhill". You can't compare an Episode of season 3 to and episode of season 1 because Episodes in season three are HALF as long but were released TWICE as often.

And this is EXACTLY why I asked people not to make silly threads like this. People come out claiming one thing and everyone else starts to believe him.

shwnbob

May 16, 2009
So long Unforgotten Realms you are gone here but you will be remembered forever by all.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:
Hey did you
MaskedMori said:
skywalkerlion said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:
There were no details released relating to why the show got discontinued, if I were you I wouldn't go about and make those pretty ignorant assumptions :p
It's rather obvious though, plus I didn't look into it too much, but I was confirmed on this by about 5 others so this is what I'm going by. Why choose to cancel a show that is going downhill? I'm sure that answer should be obvious enough. Still, I could turn out to be wrong and I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Confirmed by 5 others? Hey heres me telling you your not confirmed and you are an idiot to call anything "Confirmed" when a reason was not given.

Unforgotten Realms was in NO WAY cancelled and could even possibly come back to Escapist Magazine in the near future. Unforgotten Realms will be continuing with or without fan support on urealms.com, with fan support simply means a steady release of content like here on escapist. Also your opinion is not fact. Just because you did not like the last half dozen episodes of the show does not mean it was ever going "Downhill". You can't compare an Episode of season 3 to an episode of season 1 because Episodes in season three are HALF as long but were released TWICE as often.

And this is EXACTLY why I asked people not to make silly threads like this. People come out claiming one thing and everyone else starts to believe him.
You are/were (delete as appropriate) hired by the Escapist to create a video series for them, right? Even if it is something you do with or without the Escapist behind you, they still show your videos, or at least, they did. Hence can't you be a bit cheeky and ask them to be on the lookout for any more threads like this and simply get them locked straight away? The thing is, the more threads like this are made then the more people will believe the wrong thing, so can you simply not ask the mods to lock any more stupid URealms threads where people are getting the completely wrong end of the stick? Just a suggestion. I recall there was a thread the other day that was locked after the OP was talking about the exact same thing as this OP (although in retrospect that lasted five pages and was only locked because of a flame war regarding the OP's appalingly bad spelling and grammar...).

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
zagazsano said:
Now that Unforgotten Realms is gone, why not create a little memorial? All us Unforgotten Realms fans, if you haven't already, change your avatar for a week or two to something Unforgotten Realms related.
Long live Sir Schmoopy Of Awesometon!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.126631
I tried to do that a while back, but it never took off.

Perhaps that's a little like what you're looking for?

MaskedMori

Aug 17, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:
Hey did you
MaskedMori said:
skywalkerlion said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:

Unforgotten Realms was in NO WAY cancelled and could even possibly come back to Escapist Magazine in the near future. Unforgotten Realms will be continuing with or without fan support on urealms.com, with fan support simply means a steady release of content like here on escapist. Also your opinion is not fact. Just because you did not like the last half dozen episodes of the show does not mean it was ever going "Downhill". You can't compare an Episode of season 3 to and episode of season 1 because Episodes in season three are HALF as long but were released TWICE as often.

Well, I said many times before I could be wrong and that I didn't research this much, and I know you aren't stopping, probably shouldn't have used the word cancelled. Anyways, why not just answer this question now if you already havn't and tell us what is going on then. Just typing my guess using logic and reasoning.

zagazsano

Mar 19, 2009
Erana said:
zagazsano said:
Now that Unforgotten Realms is gone, why not create a little memorial? All us Unforgotten Realms fans, if you haven't already, change your avatar for a week or two to something Unforgotten Realms related.
Long live Sir Schmoopy Of Awesometon!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.126631
I tried to do that a while back, but it never took off.
Yes, but some people are doing it, would you like to? It's not really mandatory, but it's a great way to give a little memorial to Unforgotten Realms.

Perhaps that's a little like what you're looking for?

zagazsano

Mar 19, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:
Hey did you
MaskedMori said:
skywalkerlion said:
MaskedMori said:
Monkeyman8 said:

I'm sorry if I angered you. This was not my intention to make people argue. I should stop making threads then, most of them are terrible ideas anyway.
Edit: Oh, and also, I do not recall you telling anyone to make stupid threads like mine.

GuitarMonkey5180

Jul 17, 2009
I'm buying the DVD.
If any of you guys really did enjoy this show, its the least you can do to help Rob with his bills. id love it if this show continued steadily. I've been watching it since the original episode 3 came out.

inuyasha dude

Aug 18, 2009
GuitarMonkey5180 said:
I'm buying the DVD.
If any of you guys really did enjoy this show, its the least you can do to help Rob with his bills. id love it if this show continued steadily. I've been watching it since the original episode 3 came out.
and i've been watching sence ep 1 came out original ep 1

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
It was a good run but I think while it saddens me to see you go Unforgotten Realms... I'll always remember the good times. Like Gary the Arbiter, which was awesome.
Now if you'll excuse me, I must go fetch my Lemon Grenades.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
zagazsano said:
i dont think you should apologize, you only were expressing your taste for a show, and wanted to makes something so that people can see they are fans

and for now, its gone from the escapist, so you are not wrong to post this thread in here

me?? i dont particularly like the show, but i think your idea is great, dont let oversensitive people put you down, even more when they just went and left everyone in the dark making their own ideas.