In regards to this second TWEWY countdown...

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
So in case you didn't know, there's a second The World Ends With You-related countdown, and you can find it here: [link]http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/sp.html[/link]. However, I must be having some technical difficulties with the website; I can't see the numbers on the countdown.

Is everybody having this problem, or is it just me? If this is a common problem, is there a way to fix it? If there isn't a way to fix it, can somebody who can see the numbers tell me how many days are left in the countdown? Thanks.

Anyways, I'm zetta hoping that this is a countdown to the TWEWY sequel we've all been waiting for. Although, I wouldn't mind a port to thNO STOP THAT IT'S GOTTA BE A SEQUEL OR NOTHING, GODDAMNIT!

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Sadly, I'm having the same problem: the only digit showing up in my browser is zero. This has to be a sequel, though. It has to be.

Also, that remix of the TWEWY soundtrack on the page is awesome. Kinda puzzled by the date on it, though: Version 20120826 would indicate 26th August 2012, which was last Sunday... Not really sure what that could mean, seeing as the logical 7 day limit on that is already up.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Oh my gosh, please let there be a twewy sequel. I'm not even kidding when I say I think The World Ends With You is my favourite game of all time. Although if there is a sequel, part of me is hoping that you'll be able to choose a male or female player character. Not that Neku wasn't awesome.

goldenjester

Feb 3, 2009
Zhadramekel said:
Oh my gosh, please let there be a twewy sequel. I'm not even kidding when I say I think The World Ends With You is my favourite game of all time. Although if there is a sequel, part of me is hoping that you'll be able to choose a male or female player character. Not that Neku wasn't awesome.
To be fair, judging by the equipment system, I'm not sure if Neku knew if he was a boy or a girl. If I remember correctly, the first time I beat the final boss I was wearing heels, a cocktail dress and a purse, just cause it had the best stats.

So there is that.

In all seriousness, I loved TWEWY. Great plot, amazing gameplay, and a damn good soundtrack.

OT: I am seeing the error as well, on multiple browsers. It seems the site can't find the images for the numbers.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
goldenjester said:
Zhadramekel said:
To be fair, judging by the equipment system, I'm not sure if Neku knew if he was a boy or a girl. If I remember correctly, the first time I beat the final boss I was wearing heels, a cocktail dress and a purse, just cause it had the best stats.

So there is that.

In all seriousness, I loved TWEWY. Great plot, amazing gameplay, and a damn good soundtrack.

OT: I am seeing the error as well, on multiple browsers. It seems the site can't find the images for the numbers.
Ha, that's very true. Me, I always hoped that putting all 4 items of Sho's clothing on a character would give them his appearance.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
(BTW, if you wanna see the picture that Tizzy tried to post, here's a link to it: [link]http://cdn.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/twewy_solo_tease_thumb.jpg[/link])

(EDIT: Link still doesn't work, so just copy/paste it into a new tab. Should work then.)

Wonder who the mystery girl is? At first I thought it was Shiki, but her hair's too long and blonde for it to be her. Also, is that Mr. Mew she's holding? Why's it looking at his hands? Does Mr. Mew actually have a mind of his own now!?

Also, those headphones... the model is kinda-sorta similar to Neku's, but with a different color scheme. Hmm...

Okay, here's my theory. Ten bucks says that the sequel takes plase X0 years in the future, and the Blonde Haired Girl (Or BHG, which is what I'll call her until I get an actual name) is the offspring of Neku and Shiki, going through the Reapers game, just like her parents before her. Oh, and Mr. Mew's possessed by Neku, who is now the composer.

...hey, it could happen!

Catchpa: teh inter webs.

Yup.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Guys...that's the same countdown but for Smartphones. It was released on the same day, and the SP stands for Smartphone. There is no second countdown.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
If there was ever a reason to buy a 3ds. This is the reason. I pray that this is a sequel and not something like a soundtrack release.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
To further confirm what I was saying:

There's this [http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/935689-the-world-ends-with-you/63865852] thread from Gamefaqs, and even more specifically, the following post withint this thread:

Time to close this rumor mill down.

As an owner of an iPhone 4S I can tell you that this is the smartphone version of the site for iPhone and Android users. Nothing special here. If you want some news wait for September 20, when TGS 2012 starts.

By looking at the elements of the page it clearly states that this was made for smartphone-enabled browsers such as Safari (MobileSafari.app) or Web (Android).

Also, a translated PR tweet from SE Japan reveals this:

PC/Smartphone site here:
And SP most likely stands for Smart Phone.

Nothing special about this countdown. Sorry all!