In search of the worst musical act EVER. Who's yours?

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
I listen to a God-awful amount of music, but, for the most part, I can take it or leave it.

Then I found this man.

And I couldn't take it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPw-siI2DI0&feature=player_detailpage#t=3s

But, I can't leave it alone, either. So, my fellow Escapists, who, in your opinion, is the worst musical act ever? And, here's the rules:

1) You have to have visual/audio proof or at least a link we can get to.

2) Brief (or long) discription of what makes them bad in your eyes... er, ears.

And, I'll go first:

I think what just irks me about Tawher is that his classical remakes are actually okay. Not fantastic, but not horrible, either. But then when this man decides to sing... OH. MY. GOD.

He makes William Hung sound awesome. Tawher makes every singing mistake under the sun and takes to the power of ten. I'm a little glad that in his so-called 'music videos' you never see him, because you don't need to. You already know what he's doing; he has his eyes tightly shut and is whimpering sweet nothings into the mike (I'm sure he thinks this passes for a 'sexy' sound) all the while singing as tinnily as he can through his nose.

And this man has several CDs out. For real.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Dude, are you kidding? That is comedy gold, man! I'm sorry, but I can't hate on anybody who makes me laugh that hard, intentional or not. As for worst music I've heard, I will never forgive humanity for the Black Eyed Peas and in particular 'my humps'. I could provide a link, but I doubt I need to.

As for why? Like most of their 'songs', it's not actually music so much as repetitive jibberish with no redeeming qualities. It's just that that one has the most inane lyrics. To the best of my knowledge anyway. I haven't heard much of their stuff.

There are undoubtedly worse bands/musicians out there, but I don't subject myself to the kinds of things you do. As a matter of curiosity, how did you find that video?

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Celine Dion singing AC/DC and Queen. It made me want to tear my ears off and pull out my eyes.

Also, Avril Lavegne singing Metallica. I'm sorry, she has so little talent, I don't even care if I spelled her name right.

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
SwimmingRock said:
There are undoubtedly worse bands/musicians out there, but I don't subject myself to the kinds of things you do. As a matter of curiosity, how did you find that video?
You can blame the power of iMesh on this one. I was looking for some classical music (I can't remember who atm; but I think i was looking for Wagner) and it recommended Tawher. I downloaded his 'Moonlight Sonata', which was good, so just for the giggles of it all, I downloaded some of his other stuff (I'm a premium user, I'm not paying for the songs I download unless I want them that badly) and I've been trying to get that crap out of my playlist for two weeks now.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
In my experience, I'd have to say Brokencyde. It seems to be mixing up the worst aspects of punk, hip-hop, and hipster culture, and their music conveys this.

Don't believe me?

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
AngelSword said:
In my experience, I'd have to say Brokencyde. It seems to be mixing up the worst aspects of punk, hip-hop, and hipster culture, and their music conveys this.

Don't believe me?
You win. thats fucking disgusting.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
AngelSword said:

Don't believe me?
Damn, ninja'd.
I really haven't come across anything THIS bad before.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
I win. No, really. I win. All you need to do is listen to the most awful cover (from an awful band to begin with) in history:

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
AngelSword said:

Don't believe me?
My ears are bleeding. I'm so angry right now.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
Mcface said:
I honestly feel a little bad exposing the good people of the Escapist to that. But I feel it's for the best, so you won't get sideswiped by this "crunkcore" band (whatever the fuck that is).

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
These clowns

Despite being crap singers and dancers they somehow made it pretty far on The X factor and are arguably better known than the winner(couldn't tell you who won tbh).They're fucking everywhere now

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
AngelSword said:
Mcface said:
I honestly feel a little bad exposing the good people of the Escapist to that. But I feel it's for the best, so you won't get sideswiped by this "crunkcore" band (whatever the fuck that is.
I wish I would have been.
Then I would destroy whoever was listening to it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Shaggs.

Warning: Only follow the links if you don't mind issues with rhythm, harmony, melody, and basic musicianship.

And basically almost everything else in music. They did figure out how to HOLD the instruments, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDwIYXOE7g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU&feature=related

Slowpool

Jan 19, 2011
The Butt-Out performers in the South Park episode "Butt Out". What a coincidence that I found this thread just as I was watching that segment.