In your opinion, what was the worst game you ever played?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
Im going to have to say its kane and lynch 2. It was completely unplayable and worst of all I couldn't return the fucking thing because apparently the guys at my old gaming store wouldn't take it back because they knew it was shit.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I liked Kane and Lynch 2...

Worst game I have ever played. That's a tough one.

Dungeon Siege III by all means.

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
I liked Kane and Lynch 2...

Worst game I have ever played. That's a tough one.

Dungeon Siege III by all means.
Was it because it they named it dungeon siege 3 because they didn't want to start a new ip?

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Dragon Age 2

Only because I loved the original one so much, and the sequel was basically everything I liked about the original removed and made mediocre.

It's also one of the only games i've ever played where the combat was so repetitive that I got a literal headache and had to take an aspirin after playing for more then an hour.

Fathoms

Oct 25, 2009
i am going to have to go with Call of Duty Black Ops.

that game was utterly dreadful...

no, i havent played too many bad games.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
There was this Tenchu game for the wii. I was so hype, I loved the series....but oh my god, they had to have stupid clunky unresponsive swordfights in place of stealth...and if you know a tenchu game you know how big stealth and atmosphere are in them.

I didn't even manage to play 2 hours of it, I haven't ever hated a game so much so quickly.

Darkguy89

Aug 30, 2010
I'm going with the Alone in the Dark remake. Worst game i've ever played. Followed by Minecraft.

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
Martian Gothic.

Terrible voice acting, frustrating switching between characters, and buggy controls which frequently get the player killed. It's good for a laugh, but even that gets tiring.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Operation Flashpoint:
Dragon rising

That game... it... I can't...

the only word I can use to describe it is; Broken.

Dissolve

Garroter of Maladjusted Slobs
Apr 27, 2011
I definitely have to say The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but only because I had expectations for the game based on my previous experiences with Zelda titles. I started with A Link to the Past, which is one of the greatest top-down adventure games ever made, and I was enraptured by the fantastic OoT, and Wind Waker. What I wanted from TP was a further evolution of the previous three, but it failed outright. As soon as I reached an "auto-platforming" sequence where you just tap a button to jump from orb to orb, it was almost sickening. Zelda had always been a game of adventure and exploration to me (beautifully exemplified in Windwaker), and now it felt like I was being pushed down a narrow corridor until I reached the next cutscene.

Expectations aside, the worst game I've ever played was Scrape Scraperteeth, which was featured here on the Escapist recently.
[link]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.300780-Scrape-Scraperteeth-Surrealist-Gaming-As-Modern-Art[/link]

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Meatramen said:
This title goes to Halo, all of them. Reach was fine if you played co-op but otherwise, come on, nothing they did was "new" or exciting. They were all just bland, generic FPS'es.
True, but that doesn't mean "bad". I'm a little jealous if Halo is the very worst game you've played.
For me, it goes to Prey. One of the few games I've ever traded in for terribleness without getting even half-way through the game.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Hour of Victory. It was like no where near CoD in terms of the campaign length, but the only reason it reached the lofty 6hr mark was because it had so many 'fail slightly and go back to beginning' areas. I got it and opened it at 8 on my birthday on the year it came out, I was on the final mission by 2, with an hour and a half for meals and more time for other stuff in between.

Luckily I traded it in for Just Cause - one of the best games I have played.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Probably Dragons Lair (NES).. I only played it because I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype of being one of worst games ever created, and yea, its pretty bad.

Also, Final Fantasy XIV (PC).. I've never seen a game come so broken out of the box before. At least Square stopped charging people for it, I'm still out $90 though.