Inappropriate Times to Insert a Wilhelm Scream in a Movie

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
This is spawned from a discussion my brother and I had. Wouldn't it be amusing to edit movies to add a Wilhelm Scream into inappropriate places/times of a movies? Such as when Rose let's go of Jack in the end of Titanic? Wouldn't that be amusing?

Now it's your turn. List some funny ones.

btw, here's a link for all of you who do not know what a Wilhelm Scream is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zQjbULMSKA&feature=related

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
In modern films? Any time it's not being used as a parody or an in-joke for tropers. It is rather over used.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
The love scene in Don't Look Now, one of the most wonderfully tender scenes shot in the history of cinema.
Now...
Add the Wilhelm Scream, instant comedy.

Hiname

Songstress of Ar Ciel
Mar 23, 2011
Lord of the rings.

When the balrog pulls gandalfs leg and causes him to fall.

darucuishe

Dec 10, 2010
In the Wizard of Oz when the house falls on the Wicked Witch of the North (East...I don't remember)...or even when the Wicked Witch of the West melts.

Or in American History X in the prison shower scene...

Or how about Toy Story when Buzz falls out the window...

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Uber Evil said:
During a sex scene. Yeah, that would be awkward.
I think you took everyone's ideas, mine included.
I'm surprised I got to the punch first. I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about it.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
When the nerdy girl is coming down the stairs after being made over by the popular guy in school and they are going to the prom. This is an 80s movie btw.

Falko

Jun 5, 2010
Anything I can think of is in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXRyTwsTQc&feature=related

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I just can't take that scream seriously anyway, so to me it's always inappropriate (but still hilarious) unless you're going for comedy

I'm sure i've heard it in Mass Effect 2 at some point as well

How about in L4D every time the Hunter dies it Wilhelm Screams, that would make it at least 50% more loltastic

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
I actually think that so long as it's a point where a scream is appropriate, you can shoehorn in the Wilhelm Scream for comedy effect. And i'm not just saying that because someone beat me to the idea of using the Wilhelm Scream at the end of sex scenes.
...okay i am.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
To be fair the Wilhelm scream is fairly inappropriate in the movies it's already in, it just doesn't sound right most of the time.

Im willing to bet most directors have it put in as some sort of tradition nowadays.