Inappropriate Times to Insert a Wilhelm Scream in a Movie

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Schindler's list?
No?

I would've loved in Titanic, would've made the whole sitting worth it. In fact, why not just replace all conversation?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Jarrid said:
C95J said:
Coincidently, I noticed Wilhelm's scream in King Kong before...

Signa said:
When King Kong falls from the building.
not at this part though haha :)
Some guy almost gets stepped on my a brontosaurus and falls.
For some reason, sound guys seem to enjoy using the Wilhelm when someone is falling. A bit ironic since its origin is a guy getting pulled underwater by a crocodile...
yep you got it! I also seem to be the only one in my family who knows about Wilhelm's scream, although I guess if you don't know what it is, it's kind of hard to recognise the same few seconds of audio which is the same in almost every film.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
darucuishe said:
Or how about Toy Story when Buzz falls out the window...
That already has the scream in it. Watch the video in the OP.

OT: I think that you're looking for this video:

"Fly, you fools...Aaaiiiiigghhh".

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Harry Potter, when Hagrid tells Harry he's a wizard; Luke, when Vader tells him he's his dad; When they see the tiger for the first time in The Hangover and - this one is a video game one - when Sgt Johnson get zapped by Guilty Spark. Sorry that last one had to go in there even if it's out of place

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
You know those scenes where the main protagonist screams up at the sky in sadness or anger, it would be inappropriate (But hilarious) to insert a wilhelm scream in at that moment. Or, failing the wilhelm scream, you can always utilize this:

chach_face

Mar 2, 2010
gamezombieghgh said:
Ha! So there's a name for that kind of scream? It does seem highly overused, but to the purpose of this thread, when Harry finally kills Voldemort: "AAAaaaaiieeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
When snape finally kills Dumbledore

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Since they make so much use of it in the Star Wars film...they should have put it in when Vadar throws Sideous off the edge in the Return of the Jedi

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
Duruznik said:
When Mufasa dies in The Lion King.

Yeah, I'm heartless.
Yeah, I've pretty much read the whole thread and thought every suggestion would be funny. But this is the sad exception, I can't think of any way this wouldn't be inappropriate.

Now excuse me for a sec, I have to wipe off some tears, since I watched that scene again.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Alade said:
Duruznik said:
When Mufasa dies in The Lion King.

Yeah, I'm heartless.
Yeah, I've pretty much read the whole thread and thought every suggestion would be funny. But this is the sad exception, I can't think of any way this wouldn't be inappropriate.

Now excuse me for a sec, I have to wipe off some tears, since I watched that scene again.
Glad I could be of service!

HobbyJim

Aug 4, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Uber Evil said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Uber Evil said:
During a sex scene. Yeah, that would be awkward.
I think you took everyone's ideas, mine included.
I'm surprised I got to the punch first. I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about it.
You and me both. When I saw the title, I thought 'during sex' and laughed myself.
Must be some good sex if your partner let's out a scream like that.

CHIMP MAGNET

Mar 1, 2010
In Titanic when leonardo decaprio's charater dies at the end
"I'll never let you go"
randomly 10 minutes later
"AAAAAAYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE"