Increasing pixel-size

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
I don't know if this is in the right forum, otherwise feel free to move it to the right one =)

Someone I know is trying to get an existing image on their website to serve as a banner. The image I provided for them, seems to have to few pixels for the site to accept it. As I don't upload the image myself, I don't really know what they are looking for. But apparently it's not size of the image, since the number of pixel will remain the same, but the ammount of pixels.

As you can see, for me it's a bit difficult to explain, but hopefully someone will know what I mean.

So basicly the question is: is anyone able to improve the pixel size of an already made image?

If necessary I can provide the image in question.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
You need to change the resolution (dpi) from what is likely 300 to the web standard of 72

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I think there are actually some sites that fix that for you, but if not your got Photoshop or GIMP that can allow for all sorts of image manipulation.

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
Hey, thanks for trying to help out.

After a long and extensive search, I managed to use a trial version of Photoshop to increase the image size. I doubt it added a lot of pixels, but the image doesn't look that bad enlarged.

So thanks again.