Incredible Chrono Trigger Statues Shown at Toy Fair 2010

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Square no longer HAS the capacity to make a Chrono game on par with the original, hell I doubt they could even make Cross again.

They don't have Hironobu Sakaguchi, nobody can get Itoi to work on anything that isn't a Dragon Quest game, I don't think Mitsuda has done the music for a Square game in ages and I think Akira Toriyama has retired... also by all indications *cough* Sands of Destruction *cough* most of the Chrono Trigger guys have lost their touch.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
I'd buy them, if I had every played Chrono Trigger. It sounds like a good RPG, but I'm not shelling out for an NES/SNES just to play one game.
they ported it to ds

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Nimbus said:
Tom Goldman said:
The collectibles might help me to forgive Square Enix for sending cease-and-desist letters to all groups developing popular Chrono Trigger fan-made projects, such as a planned full 3D remake...
WHAT?! *Thumps fist on desk* Bastards!
Oh yeah, it looked amazing too. You can probably google and find images.
I just saw it.

Out of pure spite, I will never, in my life, buy another Square Enix product again.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
PedroSteckecilo said:
Square no longer HAS the capacity to make a Chrono game on par with the original, hell I doubt they could even make Cross again.
I'm inclined to agree, simply because the original was so well done. It sits up there with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy VI as one of the flawless games of that generation. I doubt even the original team could make that game again.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
We really need to analyze why we all love Chrono Trigger so much. It certainly wasn't the performance delivered by the main character.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Virgil said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm inclined to agree, simply because the original was so well done. It sits up there with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy VI as one of the flawless games of that generation. I doubt even the original team could make that game again.
As far as I can tell the main thing that was wrong with Chrono Cross was the fact that Itoi, the famous creator of Dragon Quest, was absent from the project. Thus it came out more like a Final Fantasy Title, less like the crazy DQ/Final Fantasy/Madly Original fusion the original was.

But yeah, Sakaguchi TRIED with Blue Dragon (it had Nobuo Ueametsu and Akira Toriyama) and look how that turned out. Masato Kato and Yasonori Mitsuda tried with Sands of Destruction, and that also sucked.

It's clearly impossible to recapture whatever mad magic made the original.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I don't have Chrono Trigger, but I know a bunch of people that love it to death and they'd love this.

Seriously, this is great.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Giantcain said:
MurderousToaster said:
I'd buy them, if I had every played Chrono Trigger. It sounds like a good RPG, but I'm not shelling out for an NES/SNES just to play one game.
they ported it to ds

That has already been said, if you'd look at other people's posts before you do, it would be helpful.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Chrono Trigger is a Square RPG that is universally beloved by everybody. That's right, nobody in the world hates Chrono Trigger, not even one little bit.
Its funny how true this is.

Pots

Oct 9, 2007
TsunamiWombat said:
We really need to analyze why we all love Chrono Trigger so much. It certainly wasn't the performance delivered by the main character.
What do you mean? His two lines of dialog on ending #12 "Memory Lane" are epic!

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009

I want that...like now. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Also, I'm not buying it. I mean, give it to me NAO!