Indie Developers Showcase, Day 1: Auditorium

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Indie Developers Showcase, Day 1: Auditorium

Auditorium merges the woozy aesthetics of flOw with the audio-based gameplay of Electroplankton to produce a totally unique puzzle-solving experience ? all from the comfort of your web browser.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Browser game or not, Auditorium is probably one of the most mesmerizing and beautiful games I've ever had a chance to play, which is impressive considering how simple it really is.

Stop reading the comments and go play it. Now.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Ah, I played this a little while back. Wonderful game. Can't recommend it enough.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I love these emergent music games. Can you get far enough in the game that it just gives you a big sandbox to play around in?

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
I had the pleasure of playing Auditorium a while back and it still maintains that mixed musical-problem-solving feel to it, not to mention beautiful.

Lumines in some ways, Synaesthete in others, and a bit of Geometry Wars 2 visually.

DJPirtu

Nov 24, 2008
That must have been the most calming, yet still challenging game I've played so far.
Recommendations are going to fly all around and I'll be looking foreward for an opportunity to support the creator.

Edit: And then it's over. Well, as a demo, it certainly worked. It showed me the core gameplay mechanics, how the game's gonna feel in general and, what's most important, made me very much want to buy the final product.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
I remember this! I played this about a month ago and it was the direction music games should go in. THIS IS THE FUTURE PEOPLE!!!

Zankabo

Sep 14, 2008
I remember this also, playing it like a month or so ago! I loved this little game, I am so glad to hear it is almost to release point!

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Pohlkat said:
This is one of those games you want to hit that "donate" button for
Spinwhiz said:
I really like this game. Can't believe I actually got to "the end" :)
Agreed with both of these. It really felt like a professional design team, and I'd like to see more of it. a few of the puzzles took me much longer than most, but that's the beauty of it - the multiple ways to accomplish the same results.

livlax

Jan 9, 2009
this game is amazing, you really feel immersed the second you start, the wonderful mix of puzzle solving coupled with just fantastic classical music.

what a refreshing game to play. thank you

J

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
The developers should be proud. I can see these kinds of games really taking off - afterall, there's a lot of 'indie' games making it into mainstream now. Like that neat little guitar riff shooter on the PSN, fl0w, N+ (or whatever it's called, that little ninja one).

This a great little game.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I truly enjoyed that for the 15 minutes I could get to play it. I would like more, but I'll have to wait until the weekend.

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
Awesome game. :)
I look forward to playing more when I get home (stupid work blocked it) :(

Lift

Dec 18, 2008
This game is going to be a problem. I can't stop playing it. This is to Tetris, what Portal was to Doom!

Beautiful game play, wonderfully peaceful music, later levels are complex enough to give you a severe brain hemorrhage. Its just so unbelievably unique and different.

Games like this really give me hope for the gaming industry. Not to mention the next 9 days.