Indie Queue: Meat Boy Gets Supersized

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Indie Queue: Meat Boy Gets Supersized

Sometimes, the world needs a hero, but not just any hero. A hero made entirely of raw meat.

Read Full Article

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Oh god, I remember playing this game on Kongregate and getting addicted to the difficulty. It's so incredibly punishing later on. It takes me 15 minutes to finish some of the hell levels.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
oh god, the only problem for me is that i can't grab it, as i don't own a wii

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I only played a few levels, and it was fun, but the controls were... really loose. Still, Ill porbably go back to it later.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
From the article linked: "Big game publisher PR reps."

Anyone else remember the days of the id Software crew spouting nonsense left and right, and the always colorful cast of characters rocking the ol' Usenet?

Those days were fun. Those days were honest. Games were fringe, gamers were fringe, Nintendo's press releases consisted of hand-drawn art and demands that you buy it, and EA was proud of the fact that all its devs were "artists" disinterested in profit, while they tried to convince investors that Grand Theft Auto and other M-rated games were destined to be a short-lived fad.

Man, I miss the early 90s. Where'd I put that stupid time machine...?

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Gotta love it when an interviewee drops a killer bomb of a quote into your lap, like the crap remark. Golden.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Mstrswrd said:
I only played a few levels, and it was fun, but the controls were... really loose. Still, Ill probably go back to it later.
I've heard that they'll try to fix that in the WiiWare/PC version

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
That's really cool. It's almost like those stories you hear of some shitty band getting really popular on myspace and becoming one hit wonders. Only the difference here is that the people that were discovered are creative and will probably be successful.