Indivisible, the game being made by the same people who made Skullgirls, still needs money.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
It took them almost the entire campaign to hit even 60% to qualify for the extension, so it doesn't look good for them. Still, I'm shocked and mystified that they've managed to get as much money as they have so maybe they'll actually do it.

Not going to support them myself, though. Even if I believed in crowdfunding, I just don't have any interest in a clunky Valkyrie Profile knockoff from the people that made Skullgirls (which I also did not care for).

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
F-I-D-O said:
I'm also a little annoyed it got an extension. Part of crowdfunding is the crowd deciding whether or not to fund you in a given time. Extending that time artificially annoys me, especially after they'd done a big "THIS IS THE END" type push. No other project that misses it's funding goal gets extended, why did this one? If you don't make the money, that's a sign of general disinterest, and a nudge to look at what you have, return to the drawing board, and refine it. Them getting a free month just doesn't sit well with me.
I think the head of Lab Zero is friends with the head of Indiegogo, might be why it got an extension. And you might be annoyed it got an extension, but there's myself along with 16,000 odd people who are overjoyed that it did.

seventy two

Mar 7, 2011
Aerosteam said:
F-I-D-O said:
I'm also a little annoyed it got an extension. Part of crowdfunding is the crowd deciding whether or not to fund you in a given time. Extending that time artificially annoys me, especially after they'd done a big "THIS IS THE END" type push. No other project that misses it's funding goal gets extended, why did this one? If you don't make the money, that's a sign of general disinterest, and a nudge to look at what you have, return to the drawing board, and refine it. Them getting a free month just doesn't sit well with me.
I think the head of Lab Zero is friends with the head of Indiegogo, might be why it got an extension. And you might be annoyed it got an extension, but there's myself along with 16,000 odd people who are overjoyed that it did.
It should be noted that Indiegogo lets any campaign extend it's funding window to 60 days(This is what Indivisible did), this is not special treatment based on their policy.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
seventy two said:
Aerosteam said:
F-I-D-O said:
It should be noted that Indiegogo lets any campaign extend it's funding window to 60 days(This is what Indivisible did), this is not special treatment based on their policy.

I knew that. >_>

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Gundam GP01 said:
Weaver said:
From the company that claimed it cost ten thousand dollars just to add hitboxes when making a skullgirls character?
Yes, and they had the math to back it up.

Do you know how much time and money it takes to make hand drawn animations like this?
I'm explicitly talking about hit-boxes here. There is no way in hell those cost 10 grand, even at San Fran salaries.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Gundam GP01 said:
Weaver said:
Gundam GP01 said:
Weaver said:
From the company that claimed it cost ten thousand dollars just to add hitboxes when making a skullgirls character?
Yes, and they had the math to back it up.

Do you know how much time and money it takes to make hand drawn animations like this?
I'm explicitly talking about hit-boxes here. There is no way in hell those cost 10 grand, even at San Fran salaries.
Where are you getting that number? Every source I can find puts Hitbox contracting at 2000 dollars.
Ah I see, I guess I'm just misremembering and I'm naturally indignant. Sorry about that ;)

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Something Amyss said:
Benpasko said:
There's a playable demo on the page, try it out before you decide whether it's worth your money.
I'm aware. It doesn't particularly help my faith in them.
If you don't mind me asking, for the sake of argument, what would you believe would give you faith in them?