Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
paulgruberman said:
Check your browser settings, and if you have one running, your firewall or other 'internet security' software. If you still can't get it working, PM me (mail icon next to my username) your browser and the version #, what operating system you use, and we'll work from there.
Thanks for the quick response. The problem was my mistake. All fixed and submitted now!

Wow, a lot of people submitted. I hope they were all really bad. That is, I hope somehow everyone wins.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Steagony said:
Eh, Firefox keeps telling me that the connection is reset.

Halp?
I think you were one of the people connecting through the webserver that was deciding it needed a nap. I got Kross to go wake it up. Give it another try.

Steagony

Nov 20, 2009
paulgruberman said:
Steagony said:
Eh, Firefox keeps telling me that the connection is reset.

Halp?
I think you were one of the people connecting through the webserver that was deciding it needed a nap. I got Kross to go wake it up. Give it another try.
Yep, it went through.

Thank you. Finally, off to bed

pooryohei

Oct 22, 2008
Well my entry is in finally. Hope the images got through fine. It gave me an error then once I retried it gave me a confirmation page.
Kinda glad I procrastinated so long, now I don't have to wait forever for the results.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
pooryohei said:
Well my entry is in finally. Hope the images got through fine. It gave me an error then once I retried it gave me a confirmation page.
Kinda glad I procrastinated so long, now I don't have to wait forever for the results.
Images came in ok.

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
Annnnnnd just finished up my submission as well... honestly feeling kinda glad that I wasn't the only one working to the last 24 hours to get everything done. Best of luck to everyone with their comics, but y'know, also wanted to give credit to where credit is due to the Escapist crew for allowing us the opportunity. Might sound stupid, but seriously win or lose, it was a great ride.

Again, best of luck to everyone. And now I think will use this account that I should've signed up for years ago...

SergeXIII

Feb 7, 2010
Alright, I've got everything in. Mind confirming that it went through okay?
Its called "Blast Processing: The Manchild I've Become"

Vatman

Feb 21, 2010
SergeXIII said:
Alright, I've got everything in. Mind confirming that it went through okay?
Its called "Blast Processing: The Manchild I've Become"
That's an incredibly epic name. Gah. I am still inking my last few frames. I hope I can make the noon deadline!!

Eyeshock

Feb 28, 2010
"Anubis" submitted. Any chance at a confirmation everything went through ok? I never feel good about submitting files online. Too many bad experiences with online classes!

Good luck to everyone who entered the contest. You're all winners - except for the ones who don't win the contest.

Worse case scenario: we see about two hundred new quality web-comic websites launch this week. And the best part: we've already got our first two weeks of updates done!

ExMooseJockey

Feb 10, 2010
I'm probably the 50th person to say this, but....

I submitted my comic but I got an error message after it should have gone through, and it won't let me resubmit. If someone could please confirm my entry went through I'd appreciate it.

edit - upload's been confirmed, thank you!

Yerocha

Nov 3, 2007
Finally finished. After all that work, I'm no longer at all confident that I'll win, but it was a good experience either way.

Steagony

Nov 20, 2009
Yerocha said:
Finally finished. After all that work, I'm no longer at all confident that I'll win, but it was a good experience either way.
Haha, I feel the exact same way. Oh well, I'm super stoked to go up against all these people.

DariusPoyer

Feb 26, 2010
I've got a few questions, or rather things I'm curious about;

Will all of the entries be available for viewing once this is all done? or will you only show a select few, or perhaps only the winner?

I'm also curious if you are planning to release the first four comics of the winner in one go, or if it will be released periodically as the comic would?