Industry Vet Predicts Full Digital Distribution by 2011

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Cryo84R said:
squid5580 said:
I was in Gamestop last week and my wife was looking at thier PC games and asked why they didn't have many. Apparently GS is going to stop carrying them altogether once they get rid of the stock they got according to the manager.

Cryo84R said:
reg42 said:
I REALLY fucking hope not. My cap won't handle it.
Cap?
He probably means his bandwith limit. IPs will have to adjust for this. I could go through 100 gbs easy in a good month figuring games at 5gb a pop. And not to mention redownloading them if you delete them for some reason. That is the one reason this will never work.
My god. People actually cap your data? That's...barbaric.
And do you wanna know how I found out that my "unlimited internet" is limited? By going over and getting a nasty email.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
reg42 said:
Cryo84R said:
reg42 said:
Cryo84R said:
reg42 said:
I REALLY fucking hope not. My cap won't handle it.
Cap?
Bandwidth? The amount of data I can transfer from and to the internet each month.
That's just...I have no words. I would cease to function.

You sir, get the money I was going to send to Haiti. You need it more.
This made me lol
It's not that bad, but I'm made to understand that internet is in your taxes or something in American and England, or is that a big load of lies?
Not in America. I just pay comcast 80$ a month for a 20 megabit download connection. They don't limit my capacity either.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
If some russian is to be believed,then what about flying cars?

and Dave..what about Dave and the movie 2010..?
forget John Cusack and the end of the world movie 2012..thats years away.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Cryo84R said:
I just pay comcast 80$ a month for a 20 megabit download connection. They don't limit my capacity either.
I wish ACS Alaska had something like that up here. For 320k Up/1MB Down,it's almost $100 a month.