Infamous 3 (Spoilers)

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
ScrabbitRabbit said:
CAPTCHA: What does a vegetarian eat?

Option 1: People.

o.o
I always thought that was humanitarians...

OT: I'm with those against an inFamous 3. The good ending made me tear up, the bad ending was a sucker punch to my gut, and they were both very ultimate. A third game based on the good ending is impossible, because of Cole's death, and one based on the bad ending is also impossible, since Cole is basically the ruler of the world at this point.

Whatever new IP will be coming from Sucker Punch I will be looking forward to with great interest, but inFamous is finished, and it went out with a bang.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
alik44 said:
spiritual successor and probably a prequel with he first suns or deeper into kesslars past. but yeah thats about it infamous had a very clear cut no sequels in it.
as much as I cant stand prequels that would actually work quite well....basically Cole/kessler taking over the first sons

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Alakaizer said:
I'm with those against an inFamous 3. The good ending made me tear up, the bad ending was a sucker punch to my gut, and they were both very ultimate. A third game based on the good ending is impossible, because of Cole's death, and one based on the bad ending is also impossible, since Cole is basically the ruler of the world at this point.

Whatever new IP will be coming from Sucker Punch I will be looking forward to with great interest, but inFamous is finished, and it went out with a bang.
i know I alreay said it...but an "alternate" game from the bad ending where somone else has to defeat evil cole could be cool (like Kuo..as I said)

but your right..better to let it rest

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
disgruntledgamer said:
Well Sucker Punch the clever developers that they are left themselves an out, as the last scene may or may not be Cole getting resurrected by a lightning bolt and I highly doubt that the Antiray Spheres kill percent was 100% across the entire globe. Highest case scenario I'd give it a kill 50% since the normal Ray Spheres could only destroy a 1/3 a city.
This is an ass-pull of a retcon.
No fan would want to artificially extend the story of a series that's been so tight up to this point. Suckerpunch knows this, hopefully, and won't just do that. Also, 50% kill? Yeah, no. We're told at the end via news reports that people were dropping dead on a global scale. Let's not forget that the RFI was powered by Cole's energy, which had been increased exponentially by the Blast Cores he absorbed. To me, this means that the RFI was more charged than the Ray Spheres ever were, meaning that its power would be more than capable of wiping the planet of conduits.
Not to mention, which ending would be canon? Unlike Infamous, the endings in the sequel are entirely different, so a sequel would either have to stick with one of the endings, which would annoy everyone who picked the other ending, or make two games which focus on the respective endings, which would be too expensive.
As someone who loves the series, I would hate for the series to continue, as it ended the way every series should; logically and concisely, with no cliffhanger bollocks.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
No, let it rest, please.

The reason the ending to inFamous 2 was as profound, was because it ended without sequel bait. Sequel bait we were all expecting due to gaming's love of trilogies.

Sure, they could make a sequel based on the bad ending, where Cole is the villain and a new hero has to stand up against him, but that would just be going through the motions.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
A prequel would be awesome though, playing Kessler through an entire different, yet familiar world with familiar yet different versions of characters.

Beeing married to Trish, having a game full of great writing like IF2's,making you care about everything and everyone and then BAM!
It all get's taken away from you.

YOU FAIL.
Sure, we all know the outcome, but it would be awesome to see Suckerpunch write a story like that where we still know what's coming, yet are shocked when it happens.
*pun not intended*

Then again, both games were solid good games and it ended, boy...did it end.
So maybe it's better to let InFamous rest.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I really like the gameplay of Infamous, but the story is nicely wrapped up.

Personally I'd like to them to make a spiritual successor to Infamous, New character, new setting, similar gameplay but with new powers and stuff.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
Vault101 said:
canon wise all the conduits are dead...anything else would feel silly

unless they did a "what if" based on the "evil" ending where somone has to defeat Cole

like Kuo....I know in the evil ending she sides with Cole..BUT I can sort of see her having a "oh my god what have I done" moment and trying to defeat him obviously to make things right but also as some attempt at redemption

since I think she only went "evil" in the end out of pure desperation and fear

[small/]yeah..I like kuo[/small]
I think an expanded what if would most likely end up as DLC. If it were to happen, I reckon it would be Kuo defeating Cole because in the good ending, she is repentant and admitted to Cole that she was scared of dying. You're not alone in liking Kuo, she's my second favourite character (well, tied first) in the series.

@King of Asgaard- I'm fairly sure that the hero ending (good ending) is the canonical one, I read it on the inFAMOUS wiki and somewhere else too.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
wow for a moment I thought I'd wandered onto my wiki instead of the escapist!

Seriously theres about 100 blog post on this topic

If you're interested check it out here http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/InFamous_Wiki

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Vault101 said:
it didnt look like a "blast radius" thing to me....more like "ray energy" being nullified/destroyed through out the globe...pretty sure I remember seeing shots of people in africa (or what looked like africa) crying over "unactivated conduits" who had sudenly died
Yes but like I said the kill rate probably wasn't 100% across the entire globe I'd give it a kill 50 at best. (where 50% of the population exposed die) It would probably be more like 10% in Africa

EcoEclipse said:
SI thought that was more of an artsy thing than a plot thing.
No I know a plot opening (in case we want to make another one) when I see it.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Nathan's personality is nothing like Lara's. Just because they hunt treasure doesn't mean they are essentially the same.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
disgruntledgamer said:
Vault101 said:
it didnt look like a "blast radius" thing to me....more like "ray energy" being nullified/destroyed through out the globe...pretty sure I remember seeing shots of people in africa (or what looked like africa) crying over "unactivated conduits" who had sudenly died
Yes but like I said the kill rate probably wasn't 100% across the entire globe I'd give it a kill 50 at best. (where 50% of the population exposed die) It would probably be more like 10% in Africa
what are you basing this one though? seems just like guessing and wishful thinking really

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
I would like to see Infamous 3 set in the Bad Ending world where you play a new conduit.

There should be two distinct paths. Fight with Cole, or fight against him.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Prequel? Maybe.
Spiritual Sequel? Sure.
Regular Sequel? *deep breath* NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

10Luxord10

Sep 27, 2012
I say that they could/should make inFamous 3... BUT! have it based off of the bad karma influenced decision. Have it where Cole is the antagonistic and you are this bran new character that has a clean slate. this new person can ether be a boy (Danial) or a girl(Annabelle), also the people can pick there powers from a list of powers so they wont fill limited to just one. The list of powers will most likely be ether fire, ice, or electricity because those would work the best because the people would be more familiar with them and I know that a few of you would want Nix's or Kuo's powers. the story line would be where the main character is trying to protect humanity or destroy it.
You will first be a random person walking along the street in a random city when suddenly your powers activate (due to Cole using the ray sphere to activate the conduit's powers). You don't know what to do at first as you try to control your powers. After a week or so you about had total control of your powers, Cole and his army begins to attack the city. you try to fight back only in the end to be defeated by Cole himself. Cole puts you in a holding cell for a few hours then begins to talk to you, he tells you what is going on and about his war against the humans. he lets you go and you are enlisted into his army. You then run away only to betaken captive by the U.S. Army and taken in for interrogation, the Secretary of War talks to you about becoming a spy for them inside Cole's ranks and to try to save humanity, he gives you a communication device that wont be detected by Cole or other electric using conduit's. then somehow a few conduits infiltrated the building to find you and you begin to make your way through the facility in order to save as many humans as possible or to kill as many as possible (this would be your first karma choice). and then through the game you ether help Cole take over the world or to save the world. in the end you defeat Cole and make a safe haven for conduits or tale over the world and force the humans into slavery.

and that is what I think should happen for inFamous3, if they make one.

Byrn Stuff

Nov 16, 2009
As silly as it would be, I could see Infamous 3 going the Prototype 2 route and having you combat the original protagonist. You could be a new conduit whose ideology differs from Cole's.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
I think that if they were to continue the franchise, they may be best served by making some kind of prequel. I disagree that Cole is neccessary as the protagonist; it could be with a different protagonist and it could foreshadow elements from the first game. I mean, we got a whole lot of exposition dump at the very end of inFamous 1 and elements like the First Sons and the creation of the Ray Sphere were never really developed strongly.

So that's my vote: if they're going to continue, let inFamous 2's ending be conclusive. Take us back with inFamous Zero.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
simply basing myself on the fact that Kessler existed, I'm guessing the Infamous universe has multiple time lines, think about it whether Cole died or became a god Kessler existed, so either he never died or he never became a god
to me at least, its clear that the Infamous world is part of a multiverse/multiple time lines where Cole took a different path or perhaps never existed at all

so for me I'd like an Infamous 3 that explores the idea of a multiverse and god Cole aka The Beast trying to overtake the multiverse, having succeeding in one universe already he now takes to rule every other universe in the multiverse

D-Soul

Sep 5, 2012
INfamous 3 based off one(or both) of the endings to 2? No. with reasons explained above

Spritual Succesor? sure

prequel? sure

INfamous story wrapped it's self up nicely, so it would be hard trying to topped what happened in 2.

Captcha: silver lining

Knowing those guys at SuckerPunch they might have something up their sleeve.