InFamous Comic Book Required Reading Before InFamous 2

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
Looking forward to it, despite it being SO FAR away. It'd actually be kinda cool if they split it up between good and evil, reading either forward from the cover or backwards from the last page, leading to the exact same middle page. Something tells me this genius will go unappreciated, but I'm sure the comic will be brilliant nonetheless.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, if you think about it, it's not like the moral choice really would have an impact on him being forced out. A new creature comes in, hunting him, and if he's good, the crowd wants him to stay, but he leaves, but if he's evil, the crowd rises up and forces him out. Then he gets hunted for a bit, the hunter gets caught up in New Marais, and Cole either wants its power, or wants to save people from it, by getting stronger first. Same result, more or less the same reason. Either way, my interest is piqued.

Korten12 said:
Well it kind of fits since it is a Super Hero game.
Alternatively and still appropriate to comics, a Super Villain game.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
I call farce on that personally. I bought it because that is exactly what I wanted, a Super Villain game. Boy, was I disappointed when I found out it wasn't that. The inFamous side of things felt really tacked on and while it wasn't as bad as trying to play John Marston as a bad guy it was still pretty close and felt ridiculous. I am willing to bet that this comic will depict the "good" Cole as that is the part of the game that flows better. A lot better.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Savagezion said:
BehattedWanderer said:
I call farce on that personally. I bought it because that is exactly what I wanted, a Super Villain game. Boy, was I disappointed when I found out it wasn't that. The inFamous side of things felt really tacked on and while it wasn't as bad as trying to play John Marston as a bad guy it was still pretty close and felt ridiculous. I am willing to bet that this comic will depict the "good" Cole as that is the part of the game that flows better. A lot better.
Well, neither side is particularly congruous, really. Setting about helping cops patrol the city is nice, but since Cole could just do what he usually does and butcher them cold, it seems more that he's just taking a minor break. Yeah, he's not supposed to kill in the good light, but blasting a guy in the face with precision, jumping onto his head from a building while producing the electrical equivalent of a truck at a decent speed, and throwing grenades full of beneficially exploding energy aren't exactly peaceful and friendly behavior. It certainly isn't the best comic book villain, all one dimensional and single minded, but tearing through with exploding grenades and titanic thunderstorms is at least within his character. It's almost as if he sat there and thought out "Hmmm...how can I use my powers to really fuck shit up?"

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I greatly enjoyed InFamous, though I doubt I'll pick this up. Still, it's an interesting way to flesh out the story of the games. Lookin' forward to InFamous 2!

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
as much as i enjoyed infamous and its mind rapingly wtf ending, why should i spend more money learn the story in the sequel?

i mean shouldn't stuf like this be explained in the intro as to what happened between games.

kinda how every other game does it.