Infinity Ward doesn't think Modern Warfare 2 can be beat

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
So yeah this article popped up on my facebook wall a minute ago and I wondered what you lot thought about this as I know it has a love hate relationship on this website, Basically it says how it's so popular now that it won't die down as the "best FPS around"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240986

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
All it says is that MW2 will remain the best multiplayer war game for 2010.
Which it probably will. That's not saying much though.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Yes, it probably will. But there's a difference between "popular" and "good". I think Bad Company's Multiplayer is better for many reasons, but luckily for me most 13-year-old kids and general noobs still prefer CODs unbalanced gameplay that makes them hardened soldiers in a few days. Some of them even think it's realistic...

HA.

So yeah, let COD siphon off the people no one wants, and let the Battlefield master-race triumph!

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
wow, IW's head is pretty damn far up its ass for a company that couldn't release DLC that functioned on release day.

MasterMongoose0

Nov 3, 2009
Halo Reach will dethrone it, at least temporarily.

BFBC 2 is a far superior game as well, but I know there's no chance of it surpassing MW2.

Illusive DiZ

Oct 27, 2009
Yeah right! Eventually something more fun or better than MW2 is gonna come along and knock it right off of its throne. It's just how things go.

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
MasterMongoose0 said:
Halo Reach will dethrone it, at least temporarily.

BFBC 2 is a far superior game as well, but I know there's no chance of it surpassing MW2.
O it defiantly will, the millions of Halo Drones will flock back to halo I'm sure of that

TheEarlOfGrey

Feb 5, 2010
I highly doubt it will be the best FPS for 2010. I mean all my mates have Bad Company 2 on at the moment, and there's a game coming up called Halo: Reach that usually does quite well in online gaming.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
There is no FPS that can beat MW2 for a looong time.

You know why? Because anything marketed as the killer of another game always fails.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
it will probably never be beat in sales, at least not in the foreseeable future, but it as already been beaten in quality(just my opinion, not everyone's).

Agiel7

Sep 5, 2008
Why am I not surprised that it was Robert Bowling behind this comment?

Seriously, it seems like he's only exacerbated Infinity Ward's PR problems. And I thought Doug Lombardi did a terrible job for Valve.

And by his definition of popularity meaning quality, Wal-mart is the best store in the world.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Take away every single fanboy and it will have an average amount of players.

Find out how many people play, minus the people who paid the outrageous price for the map pack and your left with a rough estimate of how many popular it is.

I think if your willing to pay £10 for 3 new and 2 recycled maps, I consider you a fanboy.

It would be rather average due to most people getting sick of the problems.

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
DIZ-17 said:
Yeah right! Eventually something more fun or better than MW2 is gonna come along and knock it right off of its throne. It's just how things go.
Nothing needs to come, because the game you're referring to is every single game ever made.

Baradiel said:
Yes, it probably will. But there's a difference between "popular" and "good". I think Bad Company's Multiplayer is better for many reasons, but luckily for me most 13-year-old kids and general noobs still prefer CODs unbalanced gameplay that makes them hardened soldiers in a few days. Some of them even think it's realistic...

HA.

So yeah, let COD siphon off the people no one wants, and let the Battlefield master-race triumph!
Let's hope they don't come over and ruin the Battlefield-series. As to calling BFBC2 realistic.. well.. it is more realistic and hardcore than MW2 (and several other games), but not by far as realistic as many other games or the Project Reality [http://www.realitymod.com/] mod for BF2. Things die in seconds (planes shoot down choppers with short burst) and aerial vehicles have warm-up times of approx. 30 seconds.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
To be fair to the guy he was pretty much directly asked the question, "Do you think MW2 will be the best online game of all 2010?" You can't really say, "No, other games are just as good as ours and have a fine chance." to that.

Anyway I see Halo: Reach giving it a run for it's money. But since it's not a direct sequel in the trilogy like Halo 3 was it might not get as hyped as MW/Halo 3 were for their respective releases.