Infinity Ward Loses Two More

Freemon

Nov 18, 2009
Now this would be funny: half of IW jumps ship. Activision gets mad and closes IW allocating the rest of the employees to different divisions and then after a while announces the shutting down of the MW2 servers for lack of a support team. and the crowd goes wild...

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, goodbye Infinity Ward.
Thanks for eight years of high-quality gaming.
This is really making me sad.
its not like there going away, there just going to Respawn, at least, i hope.

OT: well, thats what an evil corp. gets for being... well, evil, i lost all hope for Activision as soon as they "Wanted to take the fun out of video games"

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
i bet acti is big enough to barely notice IW disappering, i no theyre massive but acti earns soooooo much...

also i dont liek to see a company thats made a few decent games go down, they could have gone on to be great if they expanded...

heres to them all moving over to respawn and actually making a agme other than cod...that id liek to see...new well made game, acti lose more money

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Problem with arguing that PC gaming is a small market with sales figures: they don't count digital distribution, only brick & mortar stores. Where is an increasing amount of PC games being sold? Digital distribution. Where can I buy (for example) Sleep Is Death in a shop? You can't.

Problem with arguing the piracy is rife by counting torrent downloads: 1 download started does not equal 1 download finished, never mind 1 lost sale. I point to the Kotaku census, where about half of respondants admitted to pirating at least one console game. There is your evidence that piracy is rife.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
scnj said:
It'd be funny if pretty much all of Infinity Ward resigned and joined Respawn Entertainment.
Most definitely. Now Activision only has one cash-cow to fill it's money-pools (I'm looking at you Blizzard). I hope West and Zampella actually make an innovative game instead of putting the tag of "Made by the people who brought you Modern Warfare 1 & 2!" and selling millions.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Mr. Mike said:
scnj said:
It'd be funny if pretty much all of Infinity Ward resigned and joined Respawn Entertainment.
Most definitely. Now Activision only has one cash-cow to fill it's money-pools (I'm looking at you Blizzard). I hope West and Zampella actually make an innovative game instead of putting the tag of "Made by the people who brought you Modern Warfare 1 & 2!" and selling millions.
Unfortunately, Mr. Uninformed, Blizzard is only filling up their own pockets. Read up on the info about their merger, you might learn something.
Well I'll admit I did not know that. Thanks. Good to know Activision isn't leeching off Blizzard's hard work. Where's Activision going to get it's money from then if Infinity Ward goes down the pooper?

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Activision is probably going to pay for it when the next CoD isn't a diamond producing wonder and people realize how much the quality has declined.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Activision are going to learn the hard way that people don't work for you under a boot heel.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Donnyp said:
Dark Templar said:
Donnyp said:
Thats what you do when you create the worlds biggest selling Mediocrity lol.
Zynga holds that spot actually.
Who are they and what was it?
They make Farmville, Mafia Wars, Cafeworld, etc, etc. All those crappy facebook games that people waste money on to buy more cows!

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Would be very odd if everyone started leaving Infinity Ward to go to Respawn Entertainment :p

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
I hate Twitter and Facebook...

No my post isn't more productive than that, I simply do.