Infuriating social faux pas

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
Realitycrash said:
People who try to be funny in a serious conversation, usually a third person who's not involved in the conversation.
For instance, if I am having a discussion about real-world politics, or race-issues, or theology, or whatever, and a third guy butts in and pulls a pun, or whatever, I usually politely tell him that we're being serious here. If this guy doesn't accept that, but two minutes later enters with another remark, I can really lose my cool.
This goes for IRL-trolling too, when someone takes a really stupid stance in an argument, and you can see he doesn't support it, but just does it to be "funny".
This. My flatmate does this and makes himself look an epic cock every time he does it, yet he believes himself to be funny.

kyle_silver

Oct 4, 2011
I hate it when Gamers bring their game into your area...Card gamers are known for this..

I hate it when people talk on a phone or text in a movie theater, or at a restaurant..

I hate it when people make arguments against something without even researching what they are arguing against..Like religious people arguing against Homosexuality, and saying things like if you sleep with another guy or girl, you'll AIDS or something..

I also hate it when I'm watching a movie and someone either plays a handheld Gaming system, or talks on a phone...

And I hate when people call LGBT individuals spineless and whiners because they are protesting how they are being treated, and not addressing the problem...My friends Fiancee did that to me when I told her I was gay after showing her a video on how LGBT members are treated, even now at times.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
It's not so much a social faux pax, but whatever:
People who don't respect that you're a learning driver.
Look, pal. There's a big, red "L" taped to the back window of my car. You should know this means I don't have a driver's license and that I'm currently practicing before I start my proper lessons. How about keeping more than 2 meters' distance when I'm attempting to do an uphill start? And it would be really nice if you refrained from honking on me when I accidentally stall the car.
You're stressing me the fuck out, and the only thing that's going to accomplish is that I stall the car again. So just fucking quit it, okay?

Oh, and people who invade my personal space. To me, physical contact is an act of intimacy. I am therefore fairly uncomfortable with touching people I'm not attracted to, unless it's something like a blatantly theatrical hug.

And people who, when sitting next to me, insist on spreading their knees as far as is physically possible. Normally, I'm caught with one of these guys on each side, forced to keep my knees together like some kind of lady on account of me not being comfortable with contact.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
LiftYourSkinnyFists said:
DeltaEdge said:
People who:
1. Sing to themselves at any given time at any given space (i.e in classrooms during a test!)
2. People who insist that ****** and nigga are two different things
3. People who believe that only African American people are allowed to call each other niggers (NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO)
4. Parents who insist upon arguing, but then get mad at you when you argue back, yet treat it like it's a two sided argument
5. Overly hypocritical people (I, as can many other people fit into this category sometimes)
6. People who interrupt, yet get mad at you when you interrupt them
7. People who spit when they talk
8. People who talk while the teachers talking (or in the case of my school, yell when the teachers talking) and get mad at you can call you rude for actually listening to the teacher and not talking back to you and acting like you have no manners.
9. People who burp without making any attempt to cover their mouths and/or don't excuse themselves
10. People who blow their burps in your direction (not even for kicks, like, they're just the person sitting next to you in class)
11. People who refuse to acknowledge that they burped after letting out a large one
12. Parents who get mad at you for legitimately proving them wrong under the grounds of it being disrespectful (i.e, say your at a party, and you parent's bad memory leads them to tell an untrue story when about how you did something horrible a few months or years back, you see these people forming an opinion of you based on this false story, and in an effort to preserve your reputation, you, as politely as possible, correct them on the story, then they get mad at you and beat you or whatever they do to punish you because you "embarrassed" them at the party when you just wanted to protect your own reputation, and parents wonder why kids are so rebellious -_- {That was a hypothetical example, not a real one just in case you thought I was using a real example but taking out the names })
But yeah, every thing on that list irritates me. That's not to say that there isn't more, and that I never do any of these things, but I still dislike most of them quite strongly.

But Nigga and ****** are two very different things, even Chris Rock has clarified this.

I also find people with so let so many things get on their nerves quite silly, I mean you're bothersome too.
Yes, because if he says it, it must be true.
As for the second thing you said, I accept that I am bothersome and can annoy a fair amount of people(albeit for totally different reasons than that), but everyone has plenty of things that annoy them, but just bug them, not necessarily infuriate them. I was just listing as many things as I could think of that bug me, but don't necessarily infuriate me or send me flying off the handle. In fact, only 9 and 10 are things that you will see me react to, and even then, only when it particularly bothers me, and even then, it wouldn't be me getting angry or punching someone through the window, just addressing them by politely asking them to excuse themselves, and/or cover their mouths the next time they burp (they usually deny that they burp or refuse to acknowledge what I said anyways). Just thought I should clear up that I'm not some kind of uptight jerk who goes off on anyone who annoys him.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Stubborn people that refuse to accept they are wrong, when you can see that they know nothing about the subject, and you KNOW for a FACT that you are right because you remember hearing about/looking it up etc, or know from your own experience.

Example:
"I'm pretty sure electrons have a positive charge"
"No they don't, they have been labeled negative for centuries now"
"Nah they're positive it's been proven"
"They're called negative, it's just an arbitrary thing"
"THEY'RE POSITIVE, I KNOW THESE THINGS"
*facepalm*
And they clearly don't.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
I particularly dislike the one-upper. Like, if you tell a story about how you had a tooth removed and it hurt, then they had the worst tooth removal in history. If your kid just won a prize at school for their work, then they won ten of those awards when they were that age etc. etc.

Also, people who can never take responsibility for their actions.

iRevanchist

Jun 11, 2011
when a roommate asks you to put your headphones so she can blare her music without any background noise.