Injustice Comic Con Trailer Is Biff! Bam! Pow!

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011

New Injustice: Gods Among Us gameplay footage shows why it's a bad idea to piss off a superhero.

Hot on the heels of the announcement of two ex-Teen Titans joining the game's roster [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118438-Former-Teen-Titans-Join-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Roster], Warner Bros. has released a brand-new Comic Con trailer for Injustice: Gods Among Us. As expected, we get to see new characters Nightwing and Cyborg in action, as well as several other notable figures from the DC Comics universe.

Though the fighting game will likely be a lot less gory than NetherRealm's Mortal Kombat titles, there's still plenty of blood and violence in this video. Since many DC characters don't have superpowers, it makes sense to see so much gadget- and weapon-based fighting. DC fans will also notice some familiar vehicles, because what good is the Batmobile if you can't use it to run over your enemies?

Injustice will feature heroes and villains, though this trailer mostly shows off the good guys beating the hell out of each other. It's a little strange to see members of the Justice League embroiled in such bitter combat, though Batman and Superman have historically had their share of squabbles. Joker lackey Harley Quinn also takes a beating while showing off the latest ridiculous interpretation of her iconic costume.

Injustice: Gods Among Us will be released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U in 2013.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Instant buy.

Based on a trailer I saw a few days ago, the character select screen looks to be quite impressive. There were a lot of empty slots there.

Let's see some Catwoman action!

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
I really like the look of this.. Initially I was sceptical that it was going to be a MK clone but it looks different enough for me to justify picking it up!

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
MK vs DC was enjoyable for a limited time, but was too lacking in the Mortal Kombat side, what with gore and what not. Mortal Kombat 9 was brilliant, and redeemed itself. Ergo, I think that NR will have learnt from their mistakes, and make this one a lot better. As long as it has dynamic fighting and characters, a good story, and other things to do (such as the challenge tower) I'm happy.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Wait. So Superman is doing this for love or something? I mean at one point he (or someone else is) is yelling "He took her from me". Sounds like someone really has trouble moving on.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
And as usual, the first thing that comes to my mind is "How are they going to handweave the power-differences? What explanation are they going to use for having Robin beat up Superman this time?"

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I'm not too sure I like the Harley Quinn costume, but the game itself looks like a solid fighting game. I'd buy it. It's also nice to see Cyborg.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Ooooh, Harley Quinn and she looks hawt.
Will certainly be buying this game. Wonder if they'll announce more characters?

Irrelevant, just got a captcha where you have to pick an answer? Huh?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Realitycrash said:
And as usual, the first thing that comes to my mind is "How are they going to handweave the power-differences? What explanation are they going to use for having Robin beat up Superman this time?"
Kryptonite batnipples.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
Racecarlock said:
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Is it also woosh spliff bladow zappityzoo?
I totally read that with Bill Cosby's voice in my head

OT: I played the demo at Comic-Con and it's pretty awesome. Super satisfying to smash the batmobile into Superman.

MikePeck

Nov 20, 2009
Sweet looking. Also, I want more titans. I wanna see Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven and Ravager. Although Deathstroke will do.