Injustice's Aquaman Wipes the Floor With Surface Dwellers

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
TheKasp said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Sadly the Injustice Aquaman lacks the same visual appeal...

That is pretty much my only beef with Aquaman. I find him visually so unappealing, so bland and uninteresting that, if I didn't know better, I would just assume that he is equally bland and uninteresting in terms of his powers. But than Justice League cartoon and Linkara I know better than that and have a fair amount of respect about that character.

On Topic: Well, another game on the list of titles I have to buy when I get my Wii U.
I'd have to agree but I can't see DC using the JL Unlimited Aqua Man any time soon and though it does make me slightly sad at least this gives me another game to go for the Wii U.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sylveria said:
I wanted the mulleted Aqua Man with the hook hand from the late 90s Justice League cartoon.
...unlockable costume...? DLC as a worst case scenario.

---

So aside from thinking "THAT WAS BAD ASS AND I CAN NOT WAIT TO PLAY THAT" was anyone else hoping the Shark Attack is a Fatality? Odds are it wasn't but this is a Nether Realms fighting game. I may be missing out on a statue and DLC but I can't wait to add this one to my Wii U collection!

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
My God, this looks so epic! I really like what they have done with Aquamans costume, it looks like something that could be translated well onto the big screen.

Overall, looking forward to this game. Hopefully Netherealm will make good use of the lisence and the trailers give me hope they will!

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Well, I guess one way to avoid jumping the shark is to get the shark to do your bidding and eat your competators.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Pikeperch said:
Fanghawk said:
In terms of visual appeal however, that's nothing compared to Aquaman's finishing move. First, the King of Atlantis uses his complete control of water to summon a tidal wave and engulf the level in water. Then, after spearing his opponent to prevent escape, a large shark suddenly emerges from the darkness and swallows its victim in a single gulp. I'll say this much: It's certainly a strong shift away from the Superfriends version of Aquaman that players were more likely to recognize.
Is it confirmed that the tidal wave and shark are from his finishing move? It seems to me that they could be from a story segment or a stage hazard.
Perhaps it's both, although I would find it strange if Flash getting eaten was a plot point.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Firstly: I do like Aquaman. A lot. I also hate the 'useless' stigma he has been given, but all the arguments that he owns 70% of the planet? Not true. The earth is a sphere. Aquaman owns 70% of the planet SURFACE. If there is a DC character who owns the underground, they have the planet in the palm of their vitamin D deficient hand.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
So Aquaman feeds the Flash to his pet shark?

I have only one question...

Does said shark have a frickin laser attached to its head?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
You know, I was kinda on the fence about this game for a bit, but now I think I'll DEFINITELY get it. Kudos to Netherrealm for recognizing that Aquaman is a certified badass in his own right.

When I DO get this game, I'm probably going to use Aquaman online, just to troll all those people who think he's useless because of Superfriends and Family Guy.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Well, let's get this out of the way...

Right, now that that's settled, good to see Aquaman getting a little respect. But can I just ask one thing. Why no beard? Everyone knows he looks more awesome with the beard! Why it's...it's...OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Chester Rabbit said:
Okay they're trying but all I can say is....
Lol, it's Aquaman.
What is there to laugh at? Are you laughing that he's super strong, super fast, that he's bulletproof, or that he legally owns roughly 70% of the planet?

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I used to hate Aquaman. Now I just can't help but smile at every awesome thing he does.

"I don't talk to fish."