Insider: Infinity Ward Not Dead

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
...or this could all be a giant publicity stunt for their new IP; Call of Dollar: Modern Politics.

*tumbleweed*

I'll show myself out.

Anyway, more on topic. There was one particular line that I think was noteworthy;

We are here for the long haul of keeping the Modern Warfare name alive.
...err, why? If I've interpretated everything that's been going on rightly, Infinity Ward was tired of making CoD games (I believe someone said the directors didn't even want to do the second one). What I think would do well for IW's now somewhat tarnished reputation would be a new start entirely, with a new IP. I sincerely doubt they could create a Modern Warfare 3 that would be better than 1 and 2 now that most of the original team is gone.

But then again, I don't work in the games industry, so I can't claim to be an expert, but if nothing else than that's what I would do.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Even if there is a small glimmer of hope they're gonna need a one heck of a revelation to put out a high-quality game that IW has done before. A mostly new team will probably have a hard time just replicating the original MW's feel let alone make good advancements with it.

I'm not gonna shut my door on IW until Activision finally stomps them out but I'm not too optimistic about them. Like the article said dead or alive... it's not good.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
First and foremost, can you guys get a new picture for Infinity Ward news? I get confused sometimes when I see it and have to think, "Did I read this article already?" Are you limited by some copyright (or other obfuscating legality) to only use certain pictures?

Anyway, so the fact that they're talking about making the next Modern Warfare means Vince and Zampella didn't get that IP control they wanted? Or is it still up in the air and this guy's just being overly optimistic?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
"They will die a death that will last a millennium, until all that is left is the shell of a company upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by corporate greed."

points for the reference.