Insomniac: Fuse Is "Something Fresh" in a "Sea of Sequels"

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
MrHide-Patten said:
Overstrike WAS something fresh and new in a sea of sequels, then EA marketing department had a "word" with them. Now it's a pseudo Resistance Sequel.
Yep.
OT: Sure. It's a new IP, I'll give them that. But it's still a military third-person cover shooter in a sea of military third-and-first person shooters. And like someone else here said, they fucked up the awesomely goofy tone and gutted the interesting characters to make them 'more suitable walking gun holders'.
Seriously though, the Overstrike trailer looked goddamn amazing - and now they decided to completely reverse that? WHY?!

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
Agayek said:
I would be all over applauding this if they hadn't taken something that was genuinely, interestingly different and replaced it with gray-brown quasi-realistic military shooter #1149672

Seriously, go back to Overstrike, then we'll talk.
They needed to remove the charm and the distinctive character design to make room for all the sun glare and multiplayer.
...there already was multiplayer in the game.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
So... Insomniac is going against the grain and releasing a new IP... that looks just as generic as any other shooter on the market...

huh...

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
I am not a game developer. I am an engineer. As an engineer, I do not speak of things of which I am not an expert. I cannot say whether this game would have been more fun or not if it had adhered to its original aesthetic. I can only trust that the people at Insomniac, who make games for a living, made the best choice given what they want to deliver in terms of gameplay. The art of "Overstrike" looked interesting, and drew me in, but the gameplay of "Fuse" looks equally compelling and worthy of a go. I would love to buy this game, no matter its name or its aesthetic. Sadly, I'm a PC/Mac gamer. Insomniac, you bring this game to Steam, and you have at least one sale from me.

Apr 28, 2008
Gordon_4 said:
Irridium said:
Maybe if it still looked like this

I'd be more interested. As it stands, this just looks like yet another realistic/serious shooter and I just can't find any reason to be interested in it. Yeah it's a new IP, but it just doesn't look all that original.
Why would change that? That is a magnificent looking game; why change?
Basically, they focused tested the game to hell.