Interactive Left 4 Dead Movie Tests Zombie Apocalypse Readiness

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Interactive Left 4 Dead Movie Tests Zombie Apocalypse Readiness

Can playing videogames help you survive in a world of zombies? Well, it depends on which games you play.

Zombie apocalypses are all the rage right now, and chances are you've spared a thought or two for what you might do if the dead really did start roaming the Earth.

But as useful as it is to have a plan, eventually you'll find yourself in a situation where you have to make a snap decision based on limited information, when all your contingencies and preparations are for naught.

Fortunately, a new interactive video based on Valve's Left 4 Dead games gives you the chance to practice, without actually having to get eaten by zombies if you mess up. Created by the folks at TheGameStation [http://www.youtube.com/TheGameStation], the video features four gamers on the run from the undead. As often happens in these situations, they wind up trapped in a building with a ravening pack of zombies outside, ready to feast on their tasty brains.

At that moment, it is up to the viewer to decide whose gaming-inspired plan the group should follow in their bid for continued existence. It's not a super-serious video - far from it, in fact - and the plans are more funny then they are practical, but it's really well done and it's a great way to spend a few minutes laughing at zombies.

Source: via Geeks Are Sexy [http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/03/31/left-4-dead-the-interactive-movie]

Jul 22, 2009
Well it has Total Biscuit so I'll probably end up watching all of it :3

I love his Let's Play Magicka with the Yogscast.

Looks pretty good so far :D

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
im sold the second i saw Husky and TotalBiscuit on the credits. XD have to watch this when i get home.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Okay, that was fun, maybe because I'm a big fan of L4D. All of the videos were nicely done.
But what amazed me was that i actually picked the right person to think the strategy. I guess the hat guided me.

But still, lucky me. i guess I'll be surviving the Z-Apocalypse after all!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Fun, but..

NEEEVEEER SHOOT A METAL DOOR LOCK WITH A GUN!

The shrapnel will kill you slowly and painfully. Zombies are faster. Painful as well, but faster.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Ok...I saw the worlds Total Biscut....does this mean?

....[sub]YAY![/sub]

Edit: Oh god! TOTAL BISCUT!!! NOOO!!!!

*Takes out combat shotgun* Time to pay! D:<

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Well it has Total Biscuit so I'll probably end up watching all of it :3

I love his Let's Play Magicka with the Yogscast.

Looks pretty good so far :D
Bah! Curse you! I thought we would be able to see Total Biscuit in real life for once!

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
A nice bit of entertainment. For anyone who wants another, and in my opinion, better version of this sort of thing, check out the one that Hell Pizza did to promote themselves, pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p1yBlV7Ges

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
im sold the second i saw Husky and TotalBiscuit on the credits. XD have to watch this when i get home.
Same here. Those guys are just awesome commentators.

OT; You just had to mention Husky and/or TB to grab my fullest attention. Wish you could see TB's situation though.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
DelphiSantano said:
I've got my Zombie Plan at the ready, we'll see if it comes in handy when the apocalypse comes...
My Zombie plan is to escape to Alaska

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
My favorite part was the car at 1:53. It was pretty chill.

Not bad- I lost, though. Cursed, as most were, I'm sure, to side with the cute one.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
WHAATTTT??!?!! The CoD guy? No way!!! The Starcraft guy had a better chance. It was probably the most practical.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
OF COURSE!! CHALK!!

And by the way... plants?
Plants vs. Zombies... just google it. It's one of those casual tower defenses